Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Manual IWT will give you less of a headache at the end of the day anyway.
    Better safe than sorry, that's true, though does not really answer the legality issue. I greatly hoped such a long-time community would know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    If you're going to get all pedantic about TOS/EULA, and whether you are allowed to "sequence IWT", so setup something with multiple actions that are delivered to the game at the same time, in the hope that you might get the result you desire, I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

You should be more focusing your legal prowess on determining whether the use of something like ISBoxer or HotKeyNet is in fact a clear flouting of the rules. It is far easier to determine whether or not the they break the Third Party Software clause, than whether you are allowed to use them to tie multiple actions together by flooding the input buffer with data simulating rapidly pressed keystrokes as a result of you physically pressing only one button (or combination), and hoping that the game deals with it in a coherent and useful manner.

Back in reality, if Blizzard had an issue with the fact you can do the OP setup, then they would have already come down hard on multiboxers. They get enough grief from the non-believers for it to have been an easy route in order to determine that multiboxers were breaking the rules and thus banned.
    I can't say I appreciate the way you put it together, but fair enough, I get what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ebony View Post
    been doing this since cata and never had a problem. only some classes work with this though
    Thanks, this is helpful to some extent.

No offence guys, I just believed you'd know which parts of ToS you're up against while multiboxing after so many years.
    Could be that Blizzard in fact did not reveal anything too specific in it and I know some bits may be open to interpretation.
    Thanks.

Well I hate it when you use legal word is not like your going to get the police and they take you to jail for it. The wrose this get is a ban. And ii been told by GM is onekey = action that is a spell.

To be fair on my melee groups send around 6 keys at same time but it only do one spell, and movement keys. Like I said been doing in since cata and not had a problem. And I been report a lot and played with devs/cm on beta/ptr using the same system.

The wrose this get is a ban. And ii been told by GM is onekey = action that is a spell.
    Oh, the worst is the ban? I'm not sure about you but some people actually care about their accounts.
    Also one key = one spell, that's what I heard as well.

To be fair on my melee groups send around 6 keys at same time but it only do one spell, and movement keys.
    Like I said been doing in since cata and not had a problem.
    If you followed the thread closely you'd know the issue is sequencing a spell with IWT together, one key = ITW+Spell.
    So were you sequencing IWT with spells like the thread says, or were you using just spells? You just contradicted yourself.

Anyone else here like fishing?

Like I said been doing in since cata and not had a problem.
    People who successfully run bots make very similar statements, but that doesn't mean that everyone should start botting.

Quote Originally Posted by HellRider View Post
    Also one key = one spell, that's what I heard as well.
    We've already established that you can get around this statement through the in-game macro system without any help from a third-party program, so it's an incredibly vague and generic statement to make. What they don't want you to do is bot your character. They want you present, in front of the computer, and making the decisions for what your characters do, in real time, through input via you physically pressing buttons or keys on your hardware—this is exactly what it comes down to.

If you insert a third-party program to begin making decisions for you—like auto-casting heals when characters are at a certain percentage of health, auto-interrupting spells that are being cast, or automatically selecting the most optimal rotation for you no matter what you're doing—then this is where you're crossing the line.

I said it earlier, and I'll say it again... If you don't want to combine the actions, then separate them into their own buttons, or break them up between key press and key release.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Well, I guess this will have to do. This is a proper example of a professional answer, thanks again MiRai and those of you who actually attempted to help.

Thank you all for you'r answers.