Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default IWT and attack in 1 keypress.

Hello. just a question. my friend and i disagree in eiter this is leagal or not under blizzards TOS.

what do you guys think?

Click photo for bigger picture.
    Name:  5c453309608e54f927222bead3cc7c74.png
Views: 563
Size:  23.8 KB

Well, whichever one of you says that is illegal is clearly wrong as that's pretty much the way melee has been doing it since the introduction of the IWT key. Not everyone ties the IWT key to their combat rotations but most of the ones I've seen, do.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It was me who hinted him it may be illegal, I've done it after reading http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/2...interact-Macro
    Several quotes from it:

Quote Originally Posted by thinus View Post
    You need 2 keybinds, 1 for assist and 1 for Interact With Target (IWT).
    Because IWT requires you to have a target you will need to assist first and then hit your IWT key. AFAIK you cannot macro IWT, only keybind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    It is still two keypresses for two actions.

You can create a Keymap with two steps.
    Step 1 - Send IWT to all clients.
    Step 2 - Send the keybind to all clients.

Then just rapidly double click your dps keys.
    Two steps on a keymap is different.
    You are pressing the key twice.
    But have it configured to do different things on each press.
    It is still one press for one action.
    And a second press for a second action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    they are talking about making every other keypress do two different actions, kinda like a castsequence.
    Not two buttons being pressed by one button simultaneously.
    My original example, was a two-step keymap, with a distinct output key for each press, and two physical press and release actions.
    Of course it seems a lot simpler and a lot easier to call IWT and game macro with one press, why would they not do it? The thread feels strongly as if that was illegal to call two actions with one press.

Most people may be doing so for various reasons, it could be easier, it could be open to interpretation in TOS, as they're the ones initiating the action(s) after all, or perhaps Warden doesn't detect it.
    Last edited by HellRider : 04-17-2016 at 08:57 PM

In order to talk about this you need to define what an "action" is.

Is an action only an in-game spell or ability that that can be placed on your action bar, or is it anything that can be found in the game's list of key bindings?

Well, you can already fire off multiple spells (e.g. actions) with a single key press because not everything is on the global cooldown (e.g. trinkets and plenty of other class abilities), and you can do this with a macro.

So, is an action then only that which is allowed to be put into a macro?

What about movement? You can't macro movement, but as multiboxers we're allowed to broadcast any key on the keyboard. If we were only allowed to broadcast keystrokes which were tied to abilities/spells/macros on our action bars, then broadcasting movement keys wouldn't be allowed. So, now we're able to send keys which are found in the list of the game's key bindings, but cannot be put into a macro.

So, I can send 2, 3, and 4 with most any software used for multiboxing, but that means I can also send W, 2, and 3—which allows for my characters to move (while holding down the key) and also try to use an ability at the same time. But, what if "3" wasn't bound to a spell or ability on my action bar, and it was bound to Interact with Target instead? What happens now?

Do you see how this becomes confusing and a gigantic gray area?

Ultimately, what it comes down to is... If you're afraid of it being "illegal," then either separate it into two steps, and have the Mapped Key execute on "pressed or released," or separate your Interact with Target from your abilities altogether.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

MiRai, thanks for that.

The actions we're talking about are primarily:
    1. game macro on action bar
    2. IWT keybind

He uses ISBoxer and I use HotKeyNet, assuming this scenario my script would look like that:

Code:
    <Hotkey Alt LButton>
        <If ActiveWinIs WoW>
            <SendLabel RaF>         // send to slave
            <Key Ctrl F10>          // macro on actionbar
            <Key Ctrl Alt Shift F>  // IWT keybind
    It reads: When Alt+LeftClick is pressed in main window, send two keys to slave account.

I used it this way for first few hours of my dualboxing "career", then I spent few hours reading about it, bunch of that time on this very forum.

Here IWT is kind of macro'ed, Blizzard blocked IWT from being macro'ed internally in game, we are in agreement that it is a gray area, hope you're seeing why, we're sequencing something that Blizzard does not want sequenced.
    Similarly we cannot use wait functions since those are not allowed in macros as they support task automation.

Yes, I'm not afraid, I am cautious, I've had my account for two years and I'm dualboxing RaF account, I would not risk my main account getting banned for some silly mistake, so yes, I am cautious, I have now changed the way I do it, I use Jamba-follow strobbing and all my DK's abilities are /cast [@focus] abilityname , this seems to work well, sometimes I just have to walk a bit farther so slaves are in range of my target, in rare event it's needed I press an individual IWT keybind.

I guess I can use KeyDown and KeyUp, I heard Blizzard implemented it in API so it appears OK, that anyway would be two events firing two actions, one by one.

Blog Entries

Manual IWT will give you less of a headache at the end of the day anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    Manual IWT will give you less of a headache at the end of the day anyway.
    Less entertaining in pvp that way. :P

Really though - IWT is keybindable - so are spell actions and movement keys...blizz has nothing against players physically mashing multiple buttons at the same time (spells and movement) - all isboxer does is mash the buttons at a software level - so we don't have to keep wrecking our keyboards - :P
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

If you're going to get all pedantic about TOS/EULA, and whether you are allowed to "sequence IWT", so setup something with multiple actions that are delivered to the game at the same time, in the hope that you might get the result you desire, I think you are barking up the wrong tree.

You should be more focusing your legal prowess on determining whether the use of something like ISBoxer or HotKeyNet is in fact a clear flouting of the rules. It is far easier to determine whether or not the they break the Third Party Software clause, than whether you are allowed to use them to tie multiple actions together by flooding the input buffer with data simulating rapidly pressed keystrokes as a result of you physically pressing only one button (or combination), and hoping that the game deals with it in a coherent and useful manner.

Back in reality, if Blizzard had an issue with the fact you can do the OP setup, then they would have already come down hard on multiboxers. They get enough grief from the non-believers for it to have been an easy route in order to determine that multiboxers were breaking the rules and thus banned.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    They get enough grief from the non-believers for it to have been an easy route in order to determine that multiboxers were breaking the rules and thus banned.
    Amen to that.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

been doing this since cata and never had a problem. only some classes work with this though