Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    These fools have NEVER been on Sargeras Horde. You know how I know this? Because Mosg and I are the ONLY horde left on Sargeras rofl.
    I've been playing on Sargeras for over a year now (with several others from this forum), and I'm well aware of what the faction (im)balance is like, but... I'm not sure how that changes anything.

Are you saying that mass multiboxing is no big deal if you play on a faction that is largely under-populated, but not okay if you play on a faction that isn't? If you're not saying that, then why bring up faction imbalance at all as a defense to multiboxing such a large amount of characters? What bearing does it have on the topic of whether mass multiboxing should be accepted or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoi View Post
    A 40 boxer on Horde side isn't going to even come close to evening the odds. Stop complaining about mass multiboxing in this context.
    Again, I have to ask, what bearing does being at a disadvantage have in this context? Is someone only allowed to multibox a very large amount of characters as long as they understand they're at a disadvantage? What happens if you are able to lock down quest hubs day after day for hours at a time? Does that not mean you've got the advantage over others in that case?

I personally watched a semi-large-scale multiboxer lock down Stormshield on Sargeras back late last year, and it took over an hour for the Alliance to group up and take him down. A few months before that he said that he had locked down Stormshield for "5+ hours" and the Alliance "had to get the GM to make him leave."

With that said, I don't know how you don't expect to have the advantage with such a large amount of characters, since that multiboxer I mentioned above (perhaps one of you two?) had no issues doing it with a much smaller number.

You can read this as an attack, but these are legitimate questions. I'm always curious to know why a few people have such a desire to multibox a very large amount of characters.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Damit Mosg2... You were a hero of mine, I still hear your voice of that video explaining the Mosg system. In my mind you shared a seat with Ellay and a few others.

Now I just feel like Donald Trump won the election.

@Mirai
    I think the point Mokoi was making is that if you're mass multiboxing and that only makes you 'even' with the other side's numbers, then it's (more, at least) morally acceptable.

Also, right before Mokoi and I took a break, there was a guy with character names Ebola, I think, that was multiboxing 40+ toons there on Sargeras Horde. There were a few times I was able to lock down Lion's Watch for 10 or 15 minutes, but with only 15 toons I would just get steamrolled.

@Selz
    Don't be like that baby. You know I still love you.

It's like Mokoi said above: I don't see there being any sort of moral problem with it if you're vastly outnumbered and your intention is actual pvp, not zone/server disruption via lag.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

As an EVE player, I wholeheartedly support your decision to multibox 40 characters. It is a theme park mmo after all; the whimpering alliance suffer no real loss from you actions.

And as for mass multiboxing being a "disruption," I think its pretty embarrassing that the game servers can't even handle it. I thought it was supposed to be an MMO?

Stomp them nice and hard friend. Its literally the only thing worth doing there now.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    As an EVE player...
    Please allow me to translate: "As a player of a game where input broadcasting and the use of anything but full-screen VideoFX is now prohibited because of community outcry..."

I'd point out the irony, but given how constructive your posts tend to be whenever you decide to poke your head around a World of Warcraft related thread, I think there's a reasonable chance you're well aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    Please allow me to translate: "As a player of a game where input broadcasting and the use of anything but full-screen VideoFX is now prohibited because of community outcry..."
    I have to admit its nice to play a game where the creators of said game actually care about and listen to their players instead of raking in cash.

https://youtu.be/XuOYmqSF6OQ
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

One thing I would worry about with large scale pvp is that with wow phasing it seems to transform into something different from regular world pvp. It becomes a battle of phase lines, lag, banners, and toys.

I also rolled some toons on H sarge with the plan of participating in world pvp there. I was really surprised to see that the dual-boxing.com guild recommendation was for Alliance Sarg.

I've been doing 'large scale Mboxing' for years, apart from a few GMs teleporting my characters around to test what i'm doing-- it's been pretty good.
    I'm on frostmourne, the population is really skewed like Sargeras (RIP Horde haha).

There's been no 'public outcry' to have me and my friends removed, our friends lists have exploded with Alliance laughing and asking us to do more.
    I can't really comment on the class combinations too much, since i'm not really going to change mine in Legion. It's worked for years, why change now haha.

Some advice though, on getting the majority to like you.
    Roll RACES that are the minority, so alliance can complete nemesis quests (for example).
    Rotate the Hubs you lock down, don't stay in one place for too long. The enemy WILL follow you everywhere :P

Personally i'll be sticking with DKs (9-10), 4ish resto shaman, 2 resto druids, a MW monk and hpally. Sprinkle in some Hunters, warlocks and a mage :P
    Right now I'm using 3 boomies instead of warlocks. Raise ally, rebirth etc. so much lasting power. I'm not sure if it's being changed.

I did want to use Demon Hunters, but I don't see all that movement they have being used too much en masse.

I'd say that the "asshole" line is drawn if the mass boxing causes the server to lag out. Granted it's a problem Blizz should fix, but fingers wil lbe pointed at the person instigating the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    I'd say that the "asshole" line is drawn if the mass boxing causes the server to lag out. Granted it's a problem Blizz should fix, but fingers wil lbe pointed at the person instigating the issue.
    Strictly speaking, everyone was an asshole in the Tarren Mill days by that standard. If there really was a thing a multiboxer could do that would purposefully lag out a zone on-demand that wasn't "just playing the game," I'd be very surprised if Blizzard wouldn't smack that with the Orbital Ban Hammer.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)