Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 30

@Crum, et al
    What I'm trying to say is that there's no difference, ethically, between 40 individual humans getting together and locking down a quest hub, which we would not say is griefing, and a multiboxer doing the same. The morality of the event (locking down a quest hub for the opposite faction) shouldn't be decided by how easy or hard it is, which is what your argument boils down to.

@Vecter
    I think part of your point is valid: Does multiboxing 40 toons lag the server? I don't know the answer to that question definitively. I've been in Tanaan with my 15 against 60-70 on the other side and haven't noticed any lag. I wonder what the deciding factor is?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

I have to admit, I agree with the others here.

While I think it would be cool, the whole setup process, getting macros together, the window layouts, the technical aspects of setting up a computer(s) to run them all, and eventually playing 40 characters, that would all go away the second I PVP'ed. It's no contest, that many vs x number of opposing faction. Would feel to cheap, almost like cheating / griefing.

But to intentionally lock down a hub, that just screams like more bad press for multiboxers. Every single person that multiboxes is like an ambassador to our play style. The more negative feedback there is, i think we all suffer. From other players to just flat out being mean/rude to us, to perhaps at the top of the food chain with Blizzard removing /follow further.

Just like some other user on this forum, he said he was naming his guild "Hacker" or some sort, something about the same level of hate from people and that he personally didn't care for those people. I mean really? I didn't say anything in that thread, though I wanted too. Not sure where this sense of being an ******* entitlement is coming from.

Personally I try to do what I can to show multiboxers in a good light. Helping out others with instance que's / runs, mount runs, gold runs, setting up their own guild without spending 1k on invites etc...

I think others should do the same. I feel multiboxing is a privilege not a right, and Blizzard can change their stance anytime. Whether it was botting or multiboxers that got /follow removed in BG's it doesn't really matter. The fact is that it got removed, and we don't know with 100% certainty why.

I know you will do what you want. I just hope that this rant of mine has offered up some additional perspective on the matter.

The argument that each of you have made is that the choice to multibox that many characters increases the chance that they'll remove the capacity to multibox, therefore I should not do it.

I'm telling you from experience, even having 30-40 toons in many situations on Sargeras I would still be at a disadvantage.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    The argument that each of you have made is that the choice to multibox that many characters increases the chance that they'll remove the capacity to multibox, therefore I should not do it.

I'm telling you from experience, even having 30-40 toons in many situations on Sargeras I would still be at a disadvantage.
    Yea if a server is nicely populated you will have a challenge, and the challenge is what we as boxers want. I just think it was your point to lock down quest hubs that really gets to the point of negativity about boxers. We are at an unfortunate disadvantage with people that play single accounts and therefore will always be viewed based on our actions, and that means we do have to make decisions that won't further the cause to get us banned or multiboxing against the ToS altogether. Running around the world causing havoc I have no problem with, its the single instances of causing grief to players over a long period of time that I have problems with.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I think it's important to remember we're all sharing this common play style. I would caution people from ganging up on Mosg2.

IMHO:

Mosg2: It's ultimately your choice. If you want to multibox 40 characters because you feel disadvantaged that's fine. I think what others are trying to convey here is you shouldn't, and that doing so will probably help fuel anti-multiboxing angst.

I feel like 40 people camping an area is greifing. Whether those 40 people are 1 person multiboxing, or 40 solo players, or even 35 solo players and one 5 boxer. IMHO it's still greifing to just sit there for extended periods. I feel like this is on par with repeatedly killing lowbies so they can't quest or travel or do anything but graveyard runs.

If you disagree with this, that's 100% fine. No one can tell you how to feel about multiboxing or greifing. What people CAN tell you is if you're actions are "being an asshole" or "making others look bad". You can disagree with those statements but you'll likely never change someone's mind about it.

- Signed: Svpernova09 The Asshole

(Some of my best friends are assholes)

Blog Entries

@Crum, et al
    What I'm trying to say is that there's no difference, ethically, between 40 individual humans getting together and locking down a quest hub, which we would not say is griefing, and a multiboxer doing the same. The morality of the event (locking down a quest hub for the opposite faction) shouldn't be decided by how easy or hard it is, which is what your argument boils down to.
    I wholly agree with your first point, there is no difference in how a hub is locked down. You're second point you're taking liberty with my opinion, I think it is griefing no matter the circumstance. I am fully ok with you gallivanting around the country side wiping out towns and hubs. But when your "fun" impedes my ability for an extended period of time I take issue; whether you are 50 people, or one person with 50 toons. You're essentially creating the US Congress.

But like I had alluded, I am totally for your 40 box adventures, just not the quest hubs being locked down. It boils down to I don't agree with it when many people do it, and therefor that transcribes to multiboxers doing it as well.

#Trump2016 - Make Boxing Great Again
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com

These fools have NEVER been on Sargeras Horde. You know how I know this? Because Mosg and I are the ONLY horde left on Sargeras rofl.

I have been involved in mass PvP on Sargeras horde, even with 50+ players (some boxers like me most not) we still got rekt by the 200+ alliance that will gladly show up for pvp at anytime you initiate it.

A 40 boxer on Horde side isn't going to even come close to evening the odds. Stop complaining about mass multiboxing in this context.

I'd just like to say, everyone has an asshole, it's how they use it that matters.

@Mosg2: I was multiboxing for 3 weeks now. It's much much less than your 8 years. I play alliance on Sargeras and I'll be happy to fight against you. It'll be fun
    My Multiboxing Blog: http://mywowlegion.blogspot.ca/

As a multiboxer, I've been on the receiving end of untold amounts of grief when leveling on Magtheridon back in the day. I accepted it as part of the PVP server Obamacare package, so I knew I was gonna get screwed regularly. Ditto with my few months of playing a solo character on another PVP server. Camping is something I truly dislike on a gut level; I'd be in favor of making peoples' health pools drop the longer they stayed flagged in a 100-yard radius, or something equally similar to Ares destroying Athens in God of War I. From the perspective of a vastly outnumbered solo player trying to access a PVP hub, I'd be thrilled to see a multiboxer with a bunch of toons show up and run off the bullies, preferably in the most humiliating manner possible.

Sadly, multiboxing is unknowable magic to the typical console/CandyCrush idjit, so trying to cater to the Spirit Of The Game(tm) or whatever the kids are calling it these days is a losing proposition. Either you're the type of person that sees multiboxers and goes, "Whoa, Cool!" or "HAI GUSY R U BOTS?" So I'd say, have fun while you can; won't last forever regardless of what we do.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)