Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Default Large World PvP Teams in Legion

I tried and failed four times to get Blizzard to separate my Bnet accounts across 15 different emails after I hit the Token cap per Bnet. I decided to take a break and wait for closer to Legion dropping before I restarted, and I intend to move from 15 boxing to 40. Playing on Sargeras-Horde meant that during prime time I was unable to lock down quest hubs due to the number of Alliance in the area, and I imagine 40 will fix that pretty quick

Anyway, one of the most interesting things to come out of Legion, from my perspective, is the removal of raid buffs. Previously, my OCD meant I wanted, as much as possible, to have the same class and have them wear the same type of armor. I'm crazy, I get it. The downside to this, obviously, is that you lose so much throughput by not having all the interlocking raid buffs... Queue Legion.

Having played with the 15, I can safely say that ranged classes are just plain easier to park in a high-traffic area (quest hub, part of a town, etc) and pvp. My Death Knights are near and dear to my heart, but even with just 15 it's hard to keep track of everyone. Plus, the strategy you fight is one of attempting to draw you further apart and kill individual members of your team, which is much easier to accomplish against melee.

All that being said, I'm looking at Warlocks or Hunters paired with Priests or Shaman.

Hunters are my default pick because they're trivial to setup for maximum DPS and their burst is amazing. Obviously, they're also completely mobile while dps'ing, which is a big deal. Their AoE remains to be seen; it looks like MM's Sidewinder (100 talent) will be able to one-shot most people when there's 30 hunters, and it'll hit everyone on the way to the target... I guess I'd need to see how wide of a swath it hits. Other than that though, though don't have much--Multi-shot isn't going to be mowing down droves of people, and they don't have any sort of AoE crowd control that will help.

Warlocks look... very interesting. Shadowburn for Destruction means that they would be as mobile as the Hunters are; 30 Shadowburns will one shot any single player, which then generates two more shards for the Warlock so they can keep Shadowburning. That plus Conflagrate to get the shards started means that, single target, you couldn't possibly ask for more. Moreover, Grimoire of Sacrifice would add a hefty AoE to the Shadowburn train. Fire and Brimstone also means that you could conceivably just Incinerate down large swachs of people. Finally, they do have Shadowfury as an AoE crowd control...

I considered Mages and Elemental Shaman, but they just don't have any big draw. Too much of the Ele AoE is ground targeted, and their instants are on a cooldown. Mages look ok, but not great. Balance Druids lost their AoE and Shadow Priests still don't have any to write home about. Am I missing something?

Anyway, these are my varied thoughts on large-scale multiboxing in Legion.

Thoughts?
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

My thoughts on large-scale multiboxing in Legion is not so much concerning the raid setup: I just wish you uncontrollable itching on your balls and get cramps in your arms at the same time.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

are you really this oblivious OP? you are setting yourself for disappointment.

the pvp world content will obviously disable follow like any recent pvp content has, and if it doesn't and people bitch too much about it (and they will if you run around with 15 accounts thinking anyone besides you is having fun) then the easiest solution for blizzard will be to just disable follow completely and be done with it.

from the looks of it legion will be the end of it. and most of the blame lies with boxers just like you, ruining the fun for everyone, other multiboxers included.

Mosg, I withheld my opinion the first time you said you were moving to 40, but I feel that I should say something now.

I think you're going to find a very small percentage of multiboxers who will approve of anyone playing such a large number of characters, especially for the sole purpose of "locking down a quest hub." The reason for this is due to the recent drama over "mass multiboxing," and the way that people, solo players, were affected because of it. The drama was unavoidable if you visited the WoW forums or reddit, and it was even reported on a few sites, such as Icy-Veins. Many people stood up for small-scale multiboxing (5-10 accounts), but shared their discontent for large-scale multiboxers.

That amount of characters causes nothing but server/continent/zone lag, as well as constant phasing, wherever they go, and they're almost impossible to fight because of it. This is unlikely going to be a good experience for any party involved, regardless of whether people are trying to fight you, or avoid you. Such a large amount of characters will be far from any sort of fair or balanced fight, even if you could get the Alliance to amass the numbers to retaliate.

You could argue that it's no different than 40 solo players getting together to raid something, but with solo players there is the challenge of getting them online, grouped up, and coordinated for the attack, whereas when multiboxing that number of accounts, the only thing you have to do is log in the characters, and you're ready to go—no matter the time of day. There's also the fact that those individual players need to stay logged on for X amount of hours, whereas, again, you, and only you, need to stay logged on to complete your full force of forty. Keeping 40 people logged on for 2, 4, 8, or more hours per day (without getting bored) is unlikely going to happen when it comes to world PvP, but it's incredibly easy for one person to stay online for those hours, day after day after day.

I respect you as a player in the multiboxing community, but I cannot respect your decision to move to such a large amount of accounts just so that you can ensure that others will be bothered by your presence as a multiboxer.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    My thoughts on large-scale multiboxing in Legion is not so much concerning the raid setup: I just wish you uncontrollable itching on your balls and get cramps in your arms at the same time.
    I've been here for 8 years, and you're the first person on my ignore list. Grats Zenga for being an unworthwhile human being.

Quote Originally Posted by CMKOT
    are you really this oblivious OP? you are setting yourself for disappointment.

the pvp world content will obviously disable follow like any recent pvp content has, and if it doesn't and people bitch too much about it (and they will if you run around with 15 accounts thinking anyone besides you is having fun) then the easiest solution for blizzard will be to just disable follow completely and be done with it.

from the looks of it legion will be the end of it. and most of the blame lies with boxers just like you, ruining the fun for everyone, other multiboxers included.
    If they were going to disable follow everywhere, they'd have done it. It wasn't boxers that got follow removed from BGs, it was bots.

@Mirai
    There's a huge difference between what boxers on Emerald Dream are/were doing and what I've outlined above, and you know it. Don't be disingenuous. I've never advocated intentionally increasing lag in an area and I have no intention of doing so as I move to 40 (pets, toys, etc). Quest hubs in Tanaan Jungle regularly had 60+ people on the other side as I assaulted with 15, and moving to 40 wouldn't even put me on even footing considering the population on Sargeras.

There's a world of difference between showing up with enough toons and acoutrement to force server lag/potential crashing and showing up with enough toons for a fair fight. Is this really what we've become here? Is the difference in outlook between a light (5) multiboxer and a heavy (15+) multiboxer the same as a solo player and a light?

I get that people are scared of losing their niche in gaming over other people intentionally being an asshole, but where do you draw the asshole line? Is it 10? 15? 20?

What happened on Emerald Dream was an intentional, divisive choice and doesn't represent me or people like me, and I think largely doesn't represent multiboxers in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    ...but where do you draw the asshole line?
    I don't think it's (just) a matter of numbers. I'd say you've drawn it pretty well yourself (and stepped over it) in your original post when you stated this:

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    I was unable to lock down quest hubs due to the number of Alliance in the area, and I imagine 40 will fix that pretty quick
    Your goal seems to be to cause such disruption all by yourself. Something which, as MiRai has stated as well, is a far more dynamic thing when it's done by a group of individual players given the amount of effort involved.

In my book, this is the kind of crap that gives multiboxers a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiBear View Post
    I don't think it's (just) a matter of numbers. I'd say you've drawn it pretty well yourself (and stepped over it) in your original post when you stated this:

Your goal seems to be to cause such disruption all by yourself. Something which, as MiRai has stated as well, is a far more dynamic thing when it's done by a group of individual players given the amount of effort involved.

In my book, this is the kind of crap that gives multiboxers a bad name.
    If 40 people get together and lock down a quest hub on a pvp server, we say 'pvp happened on a pvp server'. But if a boxer does it, he crosses the asshole line? I don't agree with that statement at all. We're not talking about a 1:1 server, we're talking about a 9:1 against me, where pvp is still incredibly uphill with 15. Even if I had 40, I don't think I could lock down Tanaan during prime time.

Blog Entries

Sorry Mosg2 but boxing 40 toons is no where near the same as 40 individuals. Regardless of how you try to spin it, having 40 toons hitting the server at a specific moment doing specific actions will have an impact, it has been shown repeatably. And locking down a quest hub? Very much different with an actual raid of people, it takes an enormous effort to set it up and execute it. 40 toons on your own requires little effort once you setup your system. Multiboxing gets the bad rap no matter the situation and cases like this will just continue to shine that negative light. Why not do 10-15 and try to get more boxers to help? No? Too much effort? See where I am going?

Blizzard hasn't done much yet but with these cases becoming more frequent the fury of the playbase will require a response and unfortunately we all get screwed. I am sorry to say you will not get the blessing of this community, not that you would care.
    Computer Freak Social Geek

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I compare the mass boxers to those people who drive really big pick ups with body/suspension lifts, large tires but dont or rarely haul/tow anything.

Blog Entries

The number of toons is irrelevant to me, box 40000 if you want. In your first post you led off with "I was unable to lock down quest hubs due to the number of Alliance in the area, and I imagine 40 will fix that pretty quick". That is what I take issue with, you are going to purposely grief people. And the "pvp happened on a pvp server" is a tiring excuse.

As stated by others, I do not agree with that you're doing, but you seems to have an answer for everyone's point so I won't try and elaborate my point as I feel it wont move this conversation along in any way.
    Check out my live stream @ http://www.twitch.tv/Crum151 and my website @ http://www.crumspeaks.com