Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Getting asked if I am a robot

New pop up when logging in from the wow.exe client.

forum post about it here

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20743039901#1

I got this too when I was dual boxing a few weeks ago. I think they're upping the ante on captcha techniques.

It might be related to the authenticator, too.

Do you have an authenticator on your accounts? i do and do not get this pop up ( not yet at least )
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

This happened a couple of weeks ago too, but it was a MasterPlan Addon April Fools joke. I tried to replicate the issue with 5 and 10 characters using ISBoxer and had no trouble. I also have an authenticator, so there's that.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    This happened a couple of weeks ago too, but it was a MasterPlan Addon April Fools joke.
    Add-ons have no control over anything on the login screen (outside of the basic reskinning of button textures, but those are not located in the AddOns folder). OP is referring to this:

https://i.imgur.com/NMsUUMp.png

I'll add that I haven't experienced this, and that I too have an authenticator attached to my BNet account.

Also, if you go to WoW's general discussion forum telling people that you're going to quit if something (especially as minor as this) doesn't change, well... You're going to get no sympathy and Blizzard is going to call your bluff. Honestly, the post was better suited for the customer support forum than the cesspool of general discussion.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Blog Entries

Ah, I hadn't realized it was at the login screen. I still haven't seen it come up in person. SMH, Captcha in the login screen is honestly pretty lame. I hate captchas normally, but tied to a login for a game is just silly.
    My Blog: SRS Business

i have been getting authenticator pop up more even after login in one account OK 1st without it then entering password for wow2 i get the authenticator box loggin in at the same time seems ok though.

whatever no big deal to me.

I could see it as being annoying, but never would I think posting a complaint about it on the blizzard forums to be a good idea.

posting on the wow forums expecting a constructive discussion?
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.