Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Easier way to use IWT for melee teams?

Is there an easier way to use IWT for my melee teams in combat, other than spamming the same key for the entire fight? Maybe a macro, or setting in ISBoxer?

Thanks

Kalsiddon

I just have ISboxer send the IWT keybind as part of the DPS kepmap.

To combat swarming in PVE I just hit the "move backwards" button a few times every fight to keep them from running off.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Quote Originally Posted by Xixillia View Post
    I just have ISboxer send the IWT keybind as part of the DPS kepmap.
    How did you go about setting this up?

Only thing you need - go to key maps and add IWT to (1,2,3 and others keys which you use for combat). If you have default setup, add IWT key to Step 1 on all keys.

Quote Originally Posted by woloss View Post
    Only thing you need - go to key maps and add IWT to (1,2,3 and others keys which you use for combat). If you have default setup, add IWT key to Step 1 on all keys.

Found it and works perfectly. Thanks a lot

bind an easily spammable key to iwt and follow. i have mousewheel up for IWT, mousewheel down for follow

this way i can quickly do up, down, up and the alts are all facing the target and standing still.

i also have mousewheel tilt left and right bound. (on the mouse driver) so that tilting Right sends a Keymap that does IWT on press and taps the back key on release. this way i can easily fix the facing of alts when they are ranged. (only works on ranged that have a meele attack, only works on ranged only, like hunters, if you first get the hunter out of range so that he has to run back to engage.)

mouse wheel tilt left makes the alts spread on star pattern, this way i can run up to boss on a meele team, mousewhel up, down then up and be sure alts are facing and standing. then do tilt left till they are outside the boss hitbox then mousewheelup and tap tilt right (to get the back pedal tap to stop the iwt run) this way i get all alts spread around the boss at the edge of the hitbox and i can freely move the tank.

at that point to rotate the team you can send sidestep keys followed by mouse wheel up/tilt left.

its not hard to master and watching it go is pretty impressive, works perfectly. you can even do fights like Mythic Crushto, a fight where realt player teams have a lot of drama with mainly due to not avoiding his linear stun. i have a pala tank / 4x ret team i've been using to do heroics since ilvl 640 now days i can just face roll heroics, Mythic takes some practice but they are fantastic as challenges.

not having a proper fix for the iwt bug where the dudes just run though the target will ruin your dps.

i know it all looks complicated, but trust me, try the basic binding, mouse wheel up to IWT and mouse wheel down to follow that will make any new boxer be able to play a melee team perfectly all the away to mythic content.

binding iwt to every button works, but its a pretty poor hack. you are wasting a TON of damage due to swingtimer resets, and having characters go out of sync because when you pressed the cooldown attack the alt didn't have the proper facing. so now that alt wont attack till all alts are off cd and you send the keystroke again.

and on Arenas its just terrible with all the CC. you'll lose half the matches due to alts running off.
    Last edited by CMKCot : 04-17-2016 at 06:38 PM