Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 21

I can confirm that I too see this problem way more than I would like to. I don't make use of DXDIAG windows, just straight up IS1-5 client windows, all on one monitor and use window swapping (wheel switcher enabled with the 'c' key).

Too often, after logging in I'll go to switch characters and it will be messed up. Going from IS1 to IS5 instead of IS2, plus many more different scenarios of improper switching.

This is a problem I had when I picked up boxing again last year. CPU changes does nothing, extending client launch time does nothing. I can even launch clients by a 'per slot basis' and after all 5 are loaded this way the order will still be wrong switching switching screens.

Very, very frustrating! The only fix I have found (which is mostly luck) is to test switching clients after everything is loaded in. If it worked that time I can play, if not I'll close down and reload the clients.

Or, not tested thoroughly enough as it might just be coincidence, but it seems a couple of times when I deleted the config.wtf files for the individual characters and then tried again everything booted up just fine.

Would love to find a solution to this problem!

Yeah thats what I have been doing too. Maybe yesterday I was lucky. Will check if today after work if things go bonkers again. Normally with 1 restart after finding out that ISboxer has opened the wrong session, closing and stopping the opening sequence and reloading did the trick. But the day I posted I had to do it 9 times. Took like... an hour to open all sessions correctly.

P.S. if it happens again, going to post on the ISBoxer forums, see if anyone in there can give me a hand on understanding what is going on.

P.P.S. Tried today too and it worked fine. Unsure the cause but the delay + CPU is working for me. for now.
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 04-13-2016 at 04:53 PM

I think I may have found the problem. Need another IsBoxer update to test.

So setting all clients to use all CPU's instead of an 'per' core basis did not work.
    Setting the startup time from '1' to 5, 10, 15 seconds did not work.

However, I think the problem is when IsBoxer updates itself it re-installs a shortcut on my desktop. When that shortcut is re-created, the shortcut itself loses the Admin settings.

As soon as I changed the shortcut to 'run as administrator', like it was when I first installed IsBoxer all my client switching worked like a charm. Multiple client startups.

I believe this is what the problem was (windows 7, 64). I'll double check the next time I get an IsBoxer update to see if it is in fact removing Admin privileges. As a quick test though, I did remove admin privileges and sure enough my window swapping sequence did not work anymore.

It happened again. Although this time it work on the second run. I will check the shortcut if its runing as admin or not.

Ok I managed to find the Console activation in ISBoxer. However when I type sessions, it returns me with unknown command.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoah35 View Post
    Ok I managed to find the Console activation in ISBoxer. However when I type sessions, it returns me with unknown command.
    Sorry, my instructions were incorrect. It actually has to be the main Inner Space console (right-click on the crosshairs tray icon and choose Console from there).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Hello.

Today it worked properly. Not sure what is causing it but when it is working properly in the console the sessions shows up like this.

is6 - PID 2404 - C:\InnerSpace\dxNothing.exe
    is1 - PID 9752 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is2 - PID 10800 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is3 - PID 9128 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is4 - PID 1040 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is5 - PID 7040 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    6 sessions

I will try to run the same when it opens the wrong sessions. Will keep you updated.

Update. IS5 got skipped and opened IS6, Dxnothing opened IS7. Here is the console result:

/================================================== ==
    |
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'FullGroup'
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'FullGroup' are valid...
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Good!
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'FullGroup' all slots...
    | 06:48:46 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Katejina-Runetotem'
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher7756' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft
    Launcher.exe
    Session name 'is50' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft Launcher.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher7524' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'is51' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6476' accepted for process
    C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.4908Agent.exe
    Session name 'is52' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.4908Agent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher10540' accepted for process C:Program Files
    (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.exe
    Session name 'is51' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher3740' accepted for process C:Program Files
    (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6256' accepted for process C:Program Files
    (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net Helper.exe
    Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net
    Helper.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6492' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5268' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session name 'is1' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session launched (is1): "C:/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.exe"
    | 06:49:32 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'Elliera-Runetotem'
    Successfully executed '"C:\World of Warcraft\World of Warcraft Launcher.exe"'.
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher13136' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft
    Launcher.exe
    Session name 'is50' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft Launcher.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher9816' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher12004' accepted for process
    Session name 'is53' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.4908Agent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher10500' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'is51' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher10368' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'is50' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher11052' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'is2' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net
    Helper.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher452' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher9052' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session name 'is2' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session launched (is2): "C:/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.exe"
    | 06:50:31 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 3 Character 'Ayaka-Runetotem'
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5740' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft
    Launcher.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6860' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6268' accepted for process
    Session name 'is52' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.4908Agent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher8532' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher3988' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5788' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher12860' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher8260' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session name 'is3' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session launched (is3): "C:/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.exe"
    | 06:51:54 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 4 Character 'Maanya-Runetotem'
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher6148' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft
    Launcher.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher3568' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher11064' accepted for process
    Session name 'is53' accepted for process C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.4908Agent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher4420' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5716' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher260' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher7176' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'is4' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net
    Helper.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher9872' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session name 'is4' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session launched (is4): "C:/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.exe"
    | 06:54:21 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 5 Character 'Manaka-Runetotem'
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher3328' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft
    Launcher.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher10452' accepted for process
    C:ProgramDataBattle.netAgentAgent.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5740' accepted for process
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher10088' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher7500' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher9400' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'is5' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net
    Helper.exe
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher8236' accepted for process C:Program Files
    Session name 'Battle Net Launcher5980' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session name 'is6' accepted for process C:World of WarcraftWow-64.exe
    Session launched (is6): "C:/World of Warcraft/Wow-64.exe"
    | 06:55:05 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 6 Character 'dxnothing'
    Successfully executed '"C:\InnerSpace\dxNothing.exe"'.
    | 06:55:05 ISBoxer: ... no more Slots to launch
    | 06:55:05 ISBoxer: Character Set 'FullGroup' launched
    | 06:55:05 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
    |
    \================================================= ===
    Session name 'dxnothing12412' accepted for process C:InnerSpacedxNothing.exe
    Session name 'is7' accepted for process C:InnerSpacedxNothing.exe
    Session launched (is7): "C:/InnerSpace/dxNothing.exe"
    Inner Space sessions
    ------------------
    is7 - PID 12412 - C:\InnerSpace\dxNothing.exe
    is1 - PID 5268 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is2 - PID 9052 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is3 - PID 8260 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is4 - PID 9872 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    is6 - PID 5980 - C:\World of Warcraft\Wow-64.exe
    6 sessions

Hope it clarifies something.

It can be seen in the log where it goes wrong..

<snip>
    Session name 'is5' accepted for process C:Program Files (x86)Battle.netBattle.net.7113Battle.net
    Helper.exe
    <snip>
    For some reason, this helper process got picked up as initialising D3D so was given a session name.
    You could try having Inner Space launch WoW-64.exe directly, rather than use the World of Warcraft Launcher.exe. This might alleviate the problem.
    This seems to have begun recently for the odd user when Inner Space was changed to load 64bit when it was on an appropriate OS. This was to prevent a regular issue for people on Windows 10 and WoW. If you did not have any issue with Inner Space loading 32bit, but WoW being 64bit, you could try using forcing 32bit Inner Space. Details can be found here.. http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtop...p=36827#p36827

The other choice would be to set up your configuration to not be slot specific, or, where it is, use other targeting methods to determine the loading order, but without being slot numbers.

e.g.
    Don't use the Wheel Switcher bind in the Window Layout, use the Always On -> Next Window mapped key (you should probably set the Filter Target for this to "@isboxer&~dxnothing" w/o the quotes, or just "@isboxer" if you want to be able to switch to the dxnothing)
    Set your mapped key targets, are set to something like "(@isboxer)#1" when you want the first loaded slot or "(@isboxer)#6" for the sixth slot, rather than using "1" or "6".

More info on Targets can be found here.. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Target

nb. If you are using the slot variables in the Game Helper WoW macros, these should still work as they are evaluated on export.

Blog Entries

@isboxer&~dxnothing
    .... You just made my setup 2% cleaner. I've been creating action groups that do nothing but exclude dxnothing for years.
    Last edited by MiRai : 04-22-2016 at 04:11 PM Reason: Automatic Text Color