Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default ISBoxer opening sessions with wrong ID

Hello,

Recently I am starting to have issues when opening my group on ISBoxer. I have configured a team of 5 a while back with Windowlayout like Mirai had. 5 slots + 1 dxnothing slot where you insert the VXFeed for each session. The issue is, ISboxer should startup opening sessions in this order: is1, is2, is3, is4, is5. is6 being dxnothing. It worked without issues till last week, when it started doing odd stuff. ISboxer opens sessions skipping some numbers. And its not always the same.

For example right now it opened is1, then skipped is2 and opened is3 instead of 2. obviously isboxer gives a warning stating this sessions should have character for is3 not is2. When I close is3, and re-run to team again sometimes it works. This time it failed again. It opened is1, is2, then skipped is3 and opened is4. On the third restart it opened is1, is2, is3, is4, skipped is5 and opened is6.

Sometimes it works right on the first go. Right now I am on my 5th restart (I have closed innerspace and isboxer as well) and still giving me trouble. Any had issues like this before?

P.S. On the 9th try it all opened as it should... I have not changed any configuration since I made my team to work as I wanted. Thats being almost 4 months ago.
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 04-10-2016 at 02:52 PM

When you're all the way out of the game on all clients, do any still show up in the process list?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Normally this only happens when you have processes from a previous session that have not closed correctly and the process is still actually running (you can see this in Task Manager), or, perhaps the game you are playing has had a patch update, and the devs have introduced a secondary process, usually a "monitor" type process that ISBoxer does not know about, so it counts that secondary process as a second slot launch.

I will have to check them out. On the previous session not closed correctly I have to check but it does happen when I open up the game fresh from a restart too. Ughmahedhurtz I don't really understand your question. When all my clients are started up, on process it shows all 5 wow clients if that is what you mean. It could have been the patch 6.2.4 but am uncertain on that.

I will keep trying on the work around but its annoying none the less. It was working fine till now.

Right-click the taskbar -> Task Manager -> Details tab -> should see no "Wow.exe" or "Wow-64.exe" processes in the list. (Sort by name for easier viewing)

Just making sure it isn't leaving an orphaned wow process behind due to some other bug, which is still associated with an is2, is3, etc. instance.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Same problem here, when i start a 5 box team mostly 2 of 5 are started while the 3rd instance is only loaded like 26 mb in taskmanager. so i have manually kill this instance in the taskmanager an launch again. why does this happen ? note this happens on fresh booted pc so no wow processes are online

Blog Entries

I've never had this problem with wow instances, but have you tried changing "launch each character x seconds" to something more like 5 or 6? or 10? (I think it is 1 second by default).

Yes I have changed that. It was indeed set into 1. I have changed it to 3 and to no avail. I will try to delay a bit more see if it gets better.

Edit: Ok I just came back and with 5 seconds it still happened. Fresh from restart (had chrome opened with 5-7 tabs open. could this be the culprid? been doing this for a while and never had issues). I have changed it to 10 second delay and now it worked ok but I am uncertain. (too scared to try again. Will inform if it happens tommorrow as well).

Here is my config should I have something strange that is causing this:

http://pastebin.com/yCtdWRjs
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 04-11-2016 at 12:42 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Enoah35 View Post
    Yes I have changed that. It was indeed set into 1. I have changed it to 3 and to no avail. I will try to delay a bit more see if it gets better.

Edit: Ok I just came back and with 5 seconds it still happened. Fresh from restart (had chrome opened with 5-7 tabs open. could this be the culprid? been doing this for a while and never had issues). I have changed it to 10 second delay and now it worked ok but I am uncertain. (too scared to try again. Will inform if it happens tommorrow as well).

Here is my config should I have something strange that is causing this:

http://pastebin.com/yCtdWRjs
    I'd probably recommend changing your CPU affinity and assign all slots to all cores to see if that changes anything, but you can also open up the in-game Inner Space console (enable it in your Character Set) and then type sessions. Copy and paste what it shows and share it here (you can copy the console by simply holding the left mouse button and dragging the cursor across the text you wish to highlight).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Will do and let you guys know when I get back from work. Thanks.

Edit: Ok today it worked just fine. Did as you asked on changing the cpu cores from 2 to every core on each character. Also delayed the instance start to 10 second. Will see if this issue is now fixed.
    Last edited by Enoah35 : 04-12-2016 at 12:11 PM