Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default 5-Man for new boxer (Mainly Open World)

Looking to try a little Multiboxing - just looking for some quick advice.

Thinking of taking advantage of the 100 boost on 4x of my accounts, I've been playing 5 druids and have enjoyed the ease of Boomkin (I also think they are pretty good??).

I've seen alot of Hunter / DK / Druids with other boxers in-game and find whilst there is alot of video content it's often old patches.

So, currently have full PvP geared Warlock, HPala and Druid (but feral) so one of the accounts would need to be one of them where as I can pick the other 4.

Currently swinging towards 5x Boomkin, also 1x HPala / 4x DK and 1x HPala / 4x Hunter.

I mainly want to play Open World PvP and would want to attempt some gearing in Ashran / Random BG's but I'm guessing that's not going to happen 5 at a time (3 at best with mounts?).

So my question is what's a good combo of 5 for getting PvP gear and World PvP that include a Druid or HPala

I do think you're on the right track for PVP teams. Most likely you will want either 5x the same DPS or 4x DPS 1x Healer. As far as class choises... There are options.

For a ranged team, both Hunters and Boomkins work well as 5x team. Hunters are your best bet as far as arena goes, since they're slightly better at making that 5v5 into a 5v4 by one-shotting something out of stealth. Personally I think Hunters are a bit easier to setup for mixed groups, so I would perhaps lean towards them in that sort of setup.

For melee, DK is still a reliable choise. Deathgrip is still the best gap closer for us due to it's design, burst is good, defensives are strong, extra trinkets for days... Doubt anything really comes close to it, but I'm certain a few other classes can be found some measure of success with (mainly Enha shammies and maybe Warriors).

As far as healers, you probably want something with strong cooldowns for on-call healing... So Pally, Shammy, and Druid immediately pop to mind.

Additionally I also refuse to believe 5x Ret Pally is not the most amazing thing in the world, although even my own experience states otherwise. Perhaps in the right hands they could live up to their potential more.

Thanks for the reply - just noticed there is another section for class composition!!

I'm moving more towards HPally/4xDK at the moment but also like the thought of HPally/4x Hunter.

The only thing putting me off at the moment is working out if BG/Ashran PvP is possible (without breaching terms of use), what the best classes are and can you do it with 5x or is that too many?

If you can't gear up in BG/Ashran are there other ways to gear up from a boost with 4x Hunter/DK?

You can read my article in the PvP discussion about Power Ranking all classes for some tips about comps. And there are very good ways to still follow in this game. Some of them may not be 100% legit, which is why I don't discuss them in the forums, but I've been using them for years now without a ban. You just have to be smart about it.

Most of my teams are fully pvp geared with the latest season's gear. Ashran is the best place for gear.

As stated in the previous posts I would just like to add with some personal experience that hunter is probably one of the best classes to choose for arena.
    For the 5v5 arena vid I made recently I did some games, went in without any experience or preparation. Could still easily win many games just because of the synced burst dmg 5 hunters can offer.
    If you look in the vid I made you will see its not hard to 1 shot out of stealth, or even later in a game if you do an aimed + chimera, or just chimera and then finish with kill shot.
    Hunters also have deterrence which can give you some time to turn around the control of a game by throwing traps and reflecting some spells