Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default BGs no longer possible.. How to get pvp gear?

Hey guys, first post here.

So I just recently started boxing, currently leveling 5x hunters, and I made the grim discovery that BGs are no longer possible to multibox due to /follow being disabled. While disappointing, this will not deter me from going all the way to 100 with my team. My main concern is this: How will I get pvp gear, or any gear at all really, at level cap, seeing how I can't box in BGs? My main focus at 100 will be pvp, and I'm fine with world pvp and arenas if that is what I'm limited to (and Ashran, maybe?).

Also, I would like to run instances if possible, but seeing that I'm still new to multiboxing, I'll be avoiding a tank/heals/3dps team for now. What level of pve can I expect to take part in with 5x dps?

Thanks in advance,
    Kalsiddon

Hi Kalsiddon,

Welcome to the wonderful world of multiboxing!

It is a shame that we can't just use /follow anymore in BG's, however, there are some other methods people utilize to pvp and I think have achieved decent results. I myself haven't multiboxed BG's since the removal of /follow. I know that some people use melee teams with "Interact With Target", or they use a pet summon to /target. I'm sure they will chime in on this post once they see it.

World pvp is alive and well, at least on Tichondrius it is, so that is an option for gearing up.

In regards to instances people have had lots of success running 5x hunters. The major drawback is having to travel to each instance, where a Tank/Dps/Heal combo can que through LFG tool. I would say that you could eventually do all the content with the hunters, even raids if you paired up with other boxers or solo players.

At this point in time, my guess would be through Ashran since you can fully honor gear a character in Ashran within a few hours (assuming you're winning). So, a 5-man team, when each character is individually played, should take less than a week to initially gear. Then, it's up to you to gain the CQ points however you find comfortable.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsiddon View Post
    Welcome!

What level of pve can I expect to take part in with 5x dps?
    Pretty much as far as you're willing to commit time and energy to. I've pushed 5m heroics with my 5x hunter team, while others have recently been progressing in the current raid tier.

In terms of BG's, they're still doable - just more difficult. They recently broke the alterac brew pup as a form of follow, however; you can still IWT to mounts, and to other players. Melee has an easier time with IWT, ranged requires some more shenanigans (I use crystal focuses for facing on ranged characters that don't have a melee spec.) I HOPE hunters can IWT next xpac, since they're getting a melee spec.

Anyhow, good luck! And hope to see you around the forums!
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

Thank you all for your responses

It's nice to hear that heroics and even raids are possible rolling with 5x dps. I was afraid pve would be almost impossible with my team composition.

In regards to IWT, I did actually see the post somewhere on here about using 2-player mounts to get around in bgs. However, the post was from a few years ago, and I was afraid that it may have been hotfixed by now. Definitely glad to hear that it hasn't! The future is looking brighter than I expected

Blog Entries

5x hunters is a powerful team you could still do some BG's - lets not forget 3 seated mount, but i would suggest you to do Ashran - You can get fully 700 item level in 4-5 hours. my wife did that. on single toon, depends how many games you win, of course.
    RiP 10 box team! - Failarena. US -
    Current Team - TBC - Duo-Boxing |Warlock/Priest
    2v2 arenas and battle grounds!

multiboxing live @ http://twitch.tv/sethlan youtube @ https://youtube.com/sethlan

So I just recently started boxing, currently leveling 5x hunters, and I made the grim discovery that BGs are no longer possible to multibox due to /follow being disabled. While disappointing, this will not deter me from going all the way to 100 with my team. My main concern is this: How will I get pvp gear, or any gear at all really, at level cap, seeing how I can't box in BGs? My main focus at 100 will be pvp, and I'm fine with world pvp and arenas if that is what I'm limited to (and Ashran, maybe?).
    I posted an article in the PvP section titled "Power Ranking all Classes" you should read. Also, there are still really good methods to follow in this game... but few ppl know how and most people don't seem to be interested in learning ways, because they are more concerned with the safety of their accounts.