Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 26

Default My Legion Team - Instance Run Videos

Hi Everyone,

I'll be posting videos here of the team I plan on running in legion.
    Sorry ahead of time for any bad video editing, it will be a work in progress!

Ragefire Chasm - Level 15
    Such a fun little instance. I really enjoy being able to go inside as horde at level 10 now. I drive with the healer in most cases, but on Slagmaw it's important to switch and drive with the tank. Using IWT the tank can sometimes think he is impervious to fire and try to take a quick swim...

Starting to get the hang of recording videos.
    Some spots in these next 2 videos have 2 different music sources. Not too bad, but it's a learning experience lol. I'll need to make sure I keep my music while playing the game just in my headphones.

The Deadmines - Levels 17-19
    Another fun instance. I still don't like all the monkeys though! My warlock got Soulburn+SOC so that will be fun to put to use. Paladin finally got a few AOE abilities, Holy Wrath and HOR.

Nice, a lot of driving from the heals I notice.

Are you using isBoxer macros or GnomeSequencer macros?
    Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by emitchell109 View Post
    Nice, a lot of driving from the heals I notice.

Are you using isBoxer macros or GnomeSequencer macros?
    Just curious.
    Yea I drive from heals way more than the tank.
    I think it stems from pvp'ing so much back when /follow worked in BG's. I haven't pvp'ed with 5 accounts since that happened

I use IsBoxer for all my macros and use the hotbars for interupts, aoe targeted spells and the like. Eventually the videos will show that as this team gets to a higher level and my guys acquire more spells.

Thanks for watching and the comment!

Finally got the sound figured out. Starting to think of lot's of cool things I can do with the sound and videos. Guess I'll have to start researching professional editing programs tonight. I'll be able to start adding my own music to the videos which will be fun... or terrifying!

The Wailing Caverns - Levels 19-21
    What can I say, it's Wailing Caverns. I love this instance! I can remember back in the day boxing my way through here grabbing all the blues for lvl 19 WSG fun lol

Lets not also forget about all the monsters that were half stuck within the ground, they would aggro you, but you couldn't hit them... fun times haha

Cool, looking forward to more of these vids keep it coming boss!
    *salute

I'm always a fan of people putting out multiboxing videos showing their progress, and I have some suggestions:

1) If you're going to put audio over your video, then you should probably just leave the game footage audio completely muted because when you un-mute it for the boss fights, the music you're listening to at the time mixes with what you're already playing, and it doesn't sound all that great. However, it sounds like you're working on it based on your prior posts.

2) In my opinion, speeding up the entire video (outside of boss fights) feels... weird. Personally, I just don't gain much from watching any video at 300% of its normal speed, and while I understand that the lower-level dungeons are more spread out and boring, perhaps I would suggest that you maybe pick and choose where you want to show some things at normal speed, and then make cuts and transition over to another section of the video. I guess maybe what it comes down to is... What do you want the audience to see, or gain, or learn from watching your video, if anything at all?

3) Those flashing game clients are a large distraction, and if you can stop that from happening, then I would suggest that you do—either by "fixing" whatever is causing it, or by editing it out after it has been recorded.

Ultimately, the videos are yours and the way you present them is entirely up to you, but I noticed that you have Adobe Creative Cloud running in your system tray, so I know you've got more-than-capable editing software at your disposal. But, of course, keep them coming.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

First thanks for taking the time to post some good feedback, it's very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    1) If you're going to put audio over your video, then you should probably just leave the game footage audio completely muted because when you un-mute it for the boss fights, the music you're listening to at the time mixes with what you're already playing, and it doesn't sound all that great. However, it sounds like you're working on it based on your prior posts.
    I couldn't agree more!
    These first few videos had lots of blunders with the audio. A couple of them had multiple audio sources in certain areas just from my headphones bleeding through and then overlaying music over the video later in the editing program. I also just found out that in Movie Maker you can *mute any video audio and still overlay another source... The instances I ran today I chose to just turn off the audio input so that I can overlay music and everything is much better now.

2) In my opinion, speeding up the entire video (outside of boss fights) feels... weird. Personally, I just don't gain much from watching any video at 300% of its normal speed, and while I understand that the lower-level dungeons are more spread out and boring, perhaps I would suggest that you maybe pick and choose where you want to show some things at normal speed, and then make cuts and transition over to another section of the video. I guess maybe what it comes down to is... What do you want the audience to see, or gain, or learn from watching your video, if anything at all?
    Yea I agree here too.
    I really do need to think about what I want to display with my videos. Right now I'm definitely in the "learning" phase of video editing, and still quite unsure what I even want to portray to any potential viewers.

I think at this stage I want to do what I can to get more people interested in Multiboxing. Once I get to a decent level with my videos "where they look cool enough", "to me" I plan on posting them wherever I can, and really try to get out there how much fun Multiboxing can be. I mean heck, I've been boxing now since EQ1 and Wow around 2005 and I haven't turned back. Yea I've taken short breaks, but it's something I truly enjoy. Although I cant decide if I like the team planning, macro creation etc... or the game play more haha. But I really do think this play style deserves more attention, to be made available in more games, and get some more people doing it weather it be 2, 3 or x amount of clients. Might actually get me some people to play with too (Horde).

With the speed of the videos, it is hard with these old instances. The spaces are pretty big, and especially at low levels the movement is pretty slow. On the other hand if I just record say the boss fights that gives me what, 2 minutes of video maybe? Maybe that would be better than the 8x video speed? Definitely need to do some testing in this area.

3) Those flashing game clients are a large distraction, and if you can stop that from happening, then I would suggest that you do—either by "fixing" whatever is causing it, or by editing it out after it has been recorded.
    Yea, I'm not entirely sure what is causing that. I don't ever remember my clients doing that with IsBoxer before. I'm still on Windows 7 so nothing new there. I wonder if it's "Make game believe it is foreground window(the game may otherwise ignore buttons) in the "Character Set" screen on IsBoxer. I'll have to check that tonight. But I think that may be the culprit, something I really don't need to have checked.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it! Your videos are so good and professional looking. One day I'll get on camera... I'm pretty introverted so that won't be today, but am actively trying to push past that lol.

1st video edit using Adobe Premier Pro. Didn't spend a whole lot of time with it, just learning the interface and tools. I'll be digging into this more for sure, along with After Effects. Footage is from a couple days ago, haven't really been able to get into game since then.

Shadowfang Keep - Levels 21-23
    Not a bad instance, but not one on my fun list either. I can remember farming for that blue dagger back in the day, think it was called "Black Fang" or something like that. That dagger sure sold for a pretty penny on the AH.

The font needs to be all BOLD and flashy. I want to see more Flare!
    haha jk
    looks good man. Got me thinking i need to attempt a lil editing myself.