Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default New to ISBoxer? Here's what to expect

Prepare yourself, mortal.

STEP 1: "Hai guys I heard about ISBoxer and I got ISBoxer and it is awesum and I am 4WIN!!1"

This is what you think ISBoxer is:

STEP 2: You run through the basic wizard, and think to yourself, "OMG I am so going to pwn Razorfen Kraul!"

Result:

STEP 3: Research.

STEP 4: OVERLOAD ACKNOWLEDGED. Ask questions on forum.

Responses:

STEP 5: False enlightenment. "Ah HA! So THAT'S what keymaps do..."

STEP 6: Surely this will work much better now. Let's try some questing.

STEP 7: The (chaotic) Calm Before the Storm. I.e. "Hey, that worked! Let's add some other stuff!"

STEP 8: Hmm... Awww yeaaah!

Feels like:

STEP 9: "Looks awesome! Finally! Un'Goro Crater, HERE WE COME!"

"Hey, anyone seen Number Two? Number TWO!? CRAP, WHERE'S THE BACK UP MAPPED KEY !@#$!@#%@$!#^...."

"Damnit. Stupid runaways..."

STEP 10: "OK, time to realize my limitations and Keep It Simple, eStupido."

STEP 11: Realizing that a simple but solid setup is better than a multi-round-robin conditional-spec multi-class mythic dungeon group of DOOM setup that just keeps breaking and getting you killed... Baby steps, bro. Baby steps.

STEPS 12 through 327:

STEP 328: "Hey, how do you guys make money?"

Now, go forth, be humble, experiment, and share your successes!

Good luck!
    Ugh
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Just have to say... THAT WAS AWESOME!

As an ISBoxer user, this is accurate.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

as a newbie and only been on isboxer for a month o so this is really how it feels.
    did my first dungeon in wod after just been boosting chars up on raf.. and all pally.. took a while to get past the first groups

So after a couple of days watching mirais videos for hours ever day , im just realized that ive only been scratching on the surface on what u can do with isboxer.

And also that u perhaps better off with casters at first

So more videos from mirai.. think i went thorugh them all twice now.. including the vlogs.

and if u guys have more links for som nice vids of info on what u can do on isboxer plz post ,

Haha Ugh, this post made me laugh :P Also the statements are very much correct.

For mugg70:

yes it is definitely wisest to start with a setup of one class, and that being ranged. I have never multiboxed a melee class yet. (I use x5 hunters)
    When I felt I had full control of my simple setup with only hunters, I then replaced 1 hunter with a priest healer. The setup I made for the healer is a very passive setup, meaning I only have to spend a small portion of my focus minding what the healer is doing, and the healer will still perform fairly good.

I have posted videos of my 5 hunter team doing dungeons. However those are not relevant in this case, since they rely more on pure strength rather than a multiboxing setup. I have 1 video where I show my setup for adding my healer to the team. The configuration parts done in ISBoxer isn't very exemplary, and that part you should learn from someone more experienced. But the other part with using Healbot, and the general simple setup can be nice for beginners.

Anyway, what I think is most important is to start with something very simple, and master that completely. Then slowly add new steps of complexity one at a time. Do not start with a super complex setup and attempt to get that working the first thing you do.
    Last edited by davidmage : 05-10-2016 at 07:37 AM

Rated Arena Member

Haha

That actually made me giggle