Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 37

I did a few mistakes in the build shown in the video...

- For a first, Explosive Blast is completely useless, and not only it's useless but it also consumes charges from Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, therefore Archon form is delayed.
    - Same for Slow Time, I don't need this, and it delays Archon form again.
    - About Ice armor (as you mentioned), I need to try different options. Actually with Halo of Arlise, it procs a ton of Frost Nova, and if I have Frost Nova / Bone Chill in the skill bar (which I don't right now), it might sort of give a permanent +33% damage increase... I just need to never cast it from the skill bar, because it would delay again Archon from.
    - I switched Pain Enchancer for Bane of the Stricken. Much better.
    - Not using The Swami (cube) is a lot of DPS loss, but I'll certainly stick with Illusory Boots.

I'll consider using RoRG in 2.4.1 as you said. It needs testing. Ice Armor itself doesn't protect much because you need to be physically hit in order to gain armor stacks, which doesn't happen a lot. However the Frost Nova proc thing works nice.

After this video, I have been completing GR65's while testing different Archon options, still in 2.4.1 damage will go from +25% (now) to +40% for each ignited monster, and from +600% (now) to +2000% when figthing elites... So that should be a nice leap forward
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-10-2016 at 02:56 PM

Anyone know how to tribox raekor barbs fluidly? otherwise anyone have a build for triboxing barbs

Well multiboxing Reakor's is doable, I did it a while ago when I wanted to equip my zDPS Barbarian. You just need to have the same template on them... You will somehow desync, but then you just charge a corner and everything will be fine again.

I think Earthquake is much easier to multibox. WW too, but not great for pushing GR.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    U really need Evocation as passive. U have very low CDR and that makes u be out of Archon for too long. Also, missing the Swami hurts, specially when u are out of Archon for so long (...)
    OK, so I first tried Ice Armor + Frost Nova / Bone Chill + Halo of Arlise, it brings significant DPS increase (about 2-3 minutes gain on same GR 65 level as other tries).

I also tried The Swami instead of Illusory Boots in the cube, which is a nice DPS increase too, however the Wizard dies way more, just because he gets trapped by critters, and he can't survive too much stacks of ground effects, so... with Illusory Boots I can just walk a few steps away (and grab some health globes in the process), but without the Illusory Boots the Wizard just dies where he stands.

Of course I just figured out that I don't have any spare Illusory Boots to wear on the Wizard, I just have the affix in the cube...
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-11-2016 at 01:58 PM

Been thinking about my new pushing team and so far I got this:

http://ptr.d3planner.com/218565224
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/878148439
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/517684456
    http://ptr.d3planner.com/794923857

• Pure DPS Archon Firebird's Wizard: no illusory boots, no Halo of Arlyse, CoE instead for max DPS.
    • Invoker's Crusader (non block): mainly for Wings of Angels so I don't need Illusory Boots and since I will lose a ton of DPS because of I won't have a WD, then might as well do damage. No block based setup, just pure DPS.
    • Support Barb: I can't play without perma immunity and going thru mobs. I got used to it and in a mixed setup, its quite annoying to get knocked back, stuck, etc. Barb as support kinda sucks now, but I rather have it than get horrible dsyncs and die.
    • Support Monk: Picked a monk since it provides more surviability and adds decent DPS. If surviability is not an issue, a WD might be a better choice. Maybe even a support DH.

The spec for the supports is not finished. It was just a basic template I hate that will work anyway. I foresee 2 problems with this on 90+:

• Survivability of the DPS: look pretty squishy, specially while moving around when u don't have all defensive buffs.
    • LAG: adding more DPS will probably lag the game badly. But since they nerfed Firebird's and Invoker's, there's no need to drag the whole map to add more and more stacks and dps.

Waiting for the patch to test. I'm too lazy to test on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I can't play without perma immunity and going thru mobs. I got used to it (...)
    Ah well I see that you got addicted like me LOL.

You really don't need Born set on the Barbarian, because the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac will do the job. In my lastest video you can see that even on the Rift Guardian who was single target (Cold Snap), I never went below 50% of the timer on Ignore Pain. The only moment when I sometimes completed the timer was (obviously) when I ran between packs of creatures. This is mainly because the zDPS Barbarian can face the creatures in this build, but with the last "Meta-Team", the zDPS were not, because of the Twister locking thing, so the Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac was less effective. That being said, you can use whatever weapon you want, so why not Born...

From my experience, the Archon Wizard is not dying too much while running (I can't explain why), however he can barely endure stacks of ground effects at GR65, which might be a problem. But we'll have to see how buffs and debuffs stack in 2.4.1... Also I have no Caldesanns' on the Firebird set, and 8x or 10x level 70 or 80 Caldesann's will add 3,5k to 4k Intelligence, which is a lot of all resistances.

I dont like the idea of relying on ORotZ for CDR cause it messes up with my timings while walking to packs and I dont like to spam skills. If I can have 1 less skill I need to spam, the better. Besides, I'm all for reliability and not having Ignore Pain for a second is a nono for me. Besides, not like there's much choice for the barb anyway. It's there ONLY for Ignore Pain, so I rather make sure it's up 100% of the time.

Having a Barb it's a big DPS decrease, but luckily the full DPS Crusader with Furnace will make it up for not having a zDPS WD. Going with a Crusader with Wings of Angels lets me use The Swami on the Wizard which will help with surviability, keeping Archon buffs for 20 secs, enough time to get back on Archon again. Also I'm keeping APD on the Wizard since the Monk and Barb can stun, which may or may not help. Otherwise I'll go with Ashnagarr Blood Bracers to improve Magic Weapon Deflection shield which may be garbage anyway

I already have my Firebird set with Caldesann's but I'll be farming more for certain parts. I believe I have ancient weapons already.

The other idea I've been thinking is having the monk as DPS with full Inna's and EP. Not sure how will that work but always loved EP big explosions
    Last edited by Devile : 04-14-2016 at 10:41 AM

Some Twitch dudes are playing/trying Helltooth WD with the 3x Gargatuan killers at the moment... let's monitor this.

Also, now that the season is over, I hate Blizzard's mathematics : 953+620=975... Damn it I expected to be closer to Paragon 1.000 -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Also, now that the season is over, I hate Blizzard's mathematics : 953+620=975... Damn it I expected to be closer to Paragon 1.000 -_-
    Paragon calculator said that 953+620=970, so, you have an extra 5 paragons Anyway, 1-600 easy lvl up, even without high GRifts.
    I tried mixed 3x team (1x WD 1x Monk 1x Wizard) at PTR, a lot of desync because of monk, I can't figure out how to control him. Mmm, I stuck with 360-380 para at S6 on PTR for near a week.