Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 37

Thanks Devile for the info about stash tabs...

Quote Originally Posted by Vociferate View Post
    (...) I haven't quite figured out how to do the movement and attacks when trying to use a melee class.
    This is because your are considering the problem from the wrong end. A group in Diablo III should always been stacked, i.e all 4 characters at the same exact locations... well... unless you can figure out another way to proceed...

Therefore, your characters can't use anything that make them dash or teleport etc. (unless they all have the same ability). So, you have to ban abilities like Monk's Dashing Strike, Epiphany, Crusader's Bash, etc.

You can use 4x Vault if you have a team of 4x Demon Hunters, you can use Steed Charge if you have 4x Crusaders (however this skill has a cooldown so cooldown reduction on your characters need to be the same, give or take a few %)... but you can't use a Monk with Dashing Strike with a Barbarian who Leaps, otherwise you'll get headaches.

One last tip, since I tried plenty of different combinations, I can tell you that Steed Charge (Crusader) with no enhancement (like Lord Commander) works fine with Spirit Walk / Jaunt (Witch Doctor).
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-03-2016 at 02:47 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Thanks Devile for the info about stash tabs...

This is because your are considering the problem from the wrong end. A group in Diablo III should always been stacked, i.e all 4 characters at the same exact locations... well... unless you can figure out another way to proceed...

Therefore, your characters can't use anything that make them dash or teleport etc. (unless they all have the same ability). So, you have to ban abilities like Monk's Dashing Strike, Epiphany, Crusader's Bash, etc.

You can use 4x Vault if you have a team of 4x Demon Hunters, you can use Steed Charge if you have 4x Crusaders (however this skill has a cooldown so cooldown reduction on your characters need to be the same, give or take a few %)... but you can't use a Monk with Dashing Strike with a Barbarian who Leaps, otherwise you'll get headaches.

One last tip, since I tried plenty of different combinations, I can tell you that Steed Charge (Crusader) with no enhancement (like Lord Commander) works fine with Spirit Walk / Jaunt (Witch Doctor).
    Awesome advice, as I am still very new to Diablo 3 I still need to really get my head around class abilities. Before I really start looking at mixing the groups, so I really will look at playing a few more classes up to get an idea of how they play.

Well if you are new to Diablo III, maybe you should at first run 4x the same class in order to acquire game mechanics when multiboxing...

... Because the difficulty in mixing classes (well it's the part that I like actually) it that you need to know each skill, each rune from each skill, each weapon and armor effect and, more importantly, what it brings to the group.

Of course you don't need to acquire all that by yourself, you can just adapt templates or setup that you see in action on videos, on twitch, on DiabloFans, use D3Planner, etc.

My first 4x characters were 3 saders and an existing monk I had (which I dropped dashing strike). Worked OK. I have also run 4x wizards but they were very squishy. For season 6, unless I change my mind, I'm going to go with DHs

Here is a very nice video about a support DH in season 6 (and patch 2.4.1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-VFZ-Ar2F8

Actually I more or less knew all the buffs/debuffs, but there is and interesting part @12:25 about the Boyarsky's Chip and the taunt effect used with a very fast generator skill. This is very helpful if the 2.4.1 Meta-Team includes an Archon Wizard as main DPS, because he's extremely weak when not in Archon form, whereas a support DH is a huge bag of toughness.

Of course you don't want this if the main DPS is a Crusader/thorn who needs to be targeted to block in order to trigger effects etc.

Very interesting build, hope wudijo keeps producing content for D3. He got banned yesterday with a bunch of botters as well on the 3rd banwave. Pretty sure I'll try the new meta. Seems like it will be "easier" to play since u can have your whole party in the exact same spot.

Yes he was banned yesteday, and this morning he was streaming and Paragon 700+ already... Farming GR104's with his buddies helped somehow

Tbh I dont really like to relay on someone who did cheat. There are few really good DH players which are legit so far but this days everyone cheat from top of chart in twich d3 or leader board! Hard to believe anyone atm. That's why nice season 6 is coming. Did you know guys apparently Chainer used thud to? Its sick how "pro" diablo players can cheat!

Cheating is not related only to Diablo, this is related to every game where people want to be on top of the boards (whatever board that is).

Some years ago, I was competing for rank #1 PvP in Dark Age of Camelot, reached #3 and was already called a cheater because I was using a secondary account to buff my main dude (which was legit). Then I figured out that some people competing for rank #1 were using hacks allowing to "fastwalk", etc.

But let's go back to Diablo III. I have been running some tests with a Fire Archon as main DPS, it's doable, here's a video below. It's only a GR60, I completed a GR65 after that but the video got cropped. Also, I imported my character in D3Planner so that you have the exact template and gear that I used in the video http://www.d3planner.com/230206621

Gear on the Wizard is ok, mostly ancient, no Caldesann's however. I tried to equip a Pain Enhancer gem for a try, but I'll probably go back to the "regular" Bane of the Stricken, it helps a lot on the Rift Guardian, which is the hardest part because it's very hard to keep Arcane Power up when you are spamming Arcane Torrent to reduce cooldown from Archon form.

There are probably a lot of adjustments to do, I will fix that when 2.4.1 goes live. The good news is that the Fire/Archon Wizard is pretty weak, but not as much as I anticipated. Also I might want to use a zDPS DH instead of a Monk.

U really need Evocation as passive. U have very low CDR and that makes u be out of Archon for too long. Also, missing the Swami hurts, specially when u are out of Archon for so long. Dunno, I havent tried the PTR but it might be better ditching the Halo of Arlyse and going with RoRG, Force Armor and relying on your support for the toughness. Since mobs damage is way lower now, might be a better choice for 80-90. Needs a lot of testing tho.