Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Question [WoW] Picking up loot with ISBoxer IWT

Hey guys,

Got a simple question, that I'm sure is trivial for more experienced Multiboxers out there, but very hard for me at this point.

So I'm trying to pick up loot on slaves by issuing IWT command from my main. The first 1-2 slaves picks stuff up no problem. The other 2 usually just have loot window open and I have to manually switch to them to get the quest items.

Autoloot is enabled on all characters.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    Hey guys,

What am I missing?

Thanks!

This is basically a bug, the new Jamba and other addons fix this by attempting to button mash the loot window until the items are gone and kindly closing the window.

Your issue will still occur with loot-a-rang or other bullshit looting if your looting in that same lootid, as the loot queue is the same.

Use the jamba fix.

People that don't share your accounts (like all your other raid mates, obviously) don't see this.

I see. Well I was going to switch to ElvUI at some point. That should probably fix it

Thanks for help guys!
    Love this community
    My Multiboxing Blog: http://mywowlegion.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by BZM View Post
    I see. Well I was going to switch to ElvUI at some point. That should probably fix it

Thanks for help guys!
    Love this community

You'll have the same issue with ElvUI (I've been using ElvUI myself forever). If you don't want to use Jamba / another addon like HPAVC mentioned, you can do what I do: Add another step to your IWT keymap in ISBoxer that does a /follow me. Then spam your IWT and your characters will loot -> follow -> loot -> follow until everyone has looted. It's annoying but it easier than other options.

If this is a problem Jamba has solved I'll check out Jamba again.

Loot-a-rang completely solved it for me, so not sure what you're talking about HPAVC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazgaz View Post
    Loot-a-rang completely solved it for me, so not sure what you're talking about HPAVC.
    Doesn't hurt to try it I guess.

The problem with using Jamba - configuration of it looks very complex. Is it worth investing time in setting up?
    My Multiboxing Blog: http://mywowlegion.blogspot.ca/

The loot-a-rang works because it closes the loot window when you cast loot-a-rang again.

Using IWT the window stays open and you cant spam the key, have to close the loot window by jumping first.

Since I haven't boxed in awhile, and I'm still in the setup phase (planning team, setting up twitch, etc...) I can't remember the fix I used for this problem. I almost always ran melee teams and would use the IWT to loot, so this was a common annoyance I had to deal with.

Maybe someone can help jog my memory.
    I think I had a macro that included CTM + IWT + Skinning + Loot. At the end of the macro (important part) I though I had something - Example (CloseLootWindow). Cant remember the exact name of the function. But this way I could hit my loot key on a target a couple times and everyone would loot up without a problem. No more characters getting stuck and having to manually switch and right click their loot item.

*Edit
    This method was also awesome when running instances with a melee team. Just pop this function at the end of your attack sequences and you loot up automatically while running the instance

Yea you lose a few milliseconds -> seconds but on trash it's not a big deal!
    Last edited by Teknetron : 03-24-2016 at 04:43 PM

Quote Originally Posted by BioAndy View Post
    Maybe someone can help jog my memory.
    I think I had a macro that included CTM + IWT + Skinning + Loot. At the end of the macro (important part) I though I had something - Example (CloseLootWindow). Cant remember the exact name of the function. But this way I could hit my loot key on a target a couple times and everyone would loot up without a problem. No more characters getting stuck and having to manually switch and right click their loot item.
    /run CloseLoot()
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology