Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default 5 Man Dungeon Logistics

Ok gorgeous people I really need some expert advice. I managed to run some Time walking dungeons with my Druid team successfully it's not easy but fun none the less. I'm not quite geared enough for Mythics yet but can't wait to try it.

What I needed help with is what people are using to move their toons quickly from the tank screen when bosses have puddles of yukky stuff that kills you fast on the ground. Currently I'm using the IS Boxer's inbuilt V-Formations to split the healer and dps before I run in with the tank. This works for the most part but for bosses that do alot of damage I can't switch screens fast enough to run all four other toons out of harms way before dying alot of the time.

Is there an easier or faster way to move them? I'm sure their might be something simple I haven't thought of as I believe I'm only using 2% of the potential of IS Boxer so far. Any advice from some seasoned boxers would be appreciated as I would like to move on to some SoO Raids and Mythic dungeons soon which I assume will require more movement

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    Is there an easier or faster way to move them?
    If I'm playing a ranged team, I'll typically leave them stacked (unless there's a debuff that forces me to spread them.)

The way that I handle puddles and such is by having my secondary movement keys bound to my mouse, or numerical keypad.

For example -

8 is move forward
    2 is move backwards
    4 is strafe left
    6 is strafe right

I use a keymap to only send these keys to the non-tank slave windows. That way the boss stays put, and everyone else moves. (I drive from my healer.)
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

I use mouse wheel tilt for strafe left and right on my followers( if your mouse has it ). that way Tank stays put and i can move the followers out of puddles fast and easy.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Blog Entries

I have my arrow keys bound to followers only. I usually run in with all of a team and then back/strafe the slaves out. Keep an eye on slaves and strafe them out of stuff.

To make it easy to switch between boxing and solo, I use the normal movement keys WASDEQ for main and for slaves I use Shift + same keys. My arrow keys are set to IsBoxers formation keybinds.

My stinkyboard is set to Shift+WSQE, it works fine solo as well that way and boxing it moves the slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    I use mouse wheel tilt for strafe left and right on my followers( if your mouse has it ). that way Tank stays put and i can move the followers out of puddles fast and easy.
    This is my setup as well, +keypad on my mouse.
    Multiboxing since WoW:BC - MY YOUTUBE!

So many good tips thank you, I'm not to sure how to set any of that up as I'm a IsBoxer noob still. Are there any videos showing me how to set it up? The mouse wheel or arrows so the slaves move not the tank sounds awesome

Sorry for being a bit green still

Quote Originally Posted by luxlunae View Post
    I have my arrow keys bound to followers only. I usually run in with all of a team and then back/strafe the slaves out. Keep an eye on slaves and strafe them out of stuff.
    Same for me. i use arrow keys if the encounter needs the team and the tank moving. However, if the tank does not need to move and only the other team (Auchindoun first boss for example, tank barely needs to move) I take control of the priest and make the other dps move with her. I have a 2 follow macros. One that everyone follows, and one that everyone except the tank follows. Its quite handy, specially when your tank and healer is well geared.

With my setup I either drive with the tank, or the heals depending on the encounter/boss.
    With IsBoxer and instant window swapping I hit my 'C' key and down on the mousewheel to swap windows. This is incredibly fast at switching and the times where I need to target a specific window I just click on that window because of my window setup (using 1 monitor with 1 big client and 4 smaller clients on bottom).

For driving I setup macros so when I'm driving with heals my tank has CTM enabled, and turned off when I'm driving with him.

For the cases where I'm driving with my tank and need to re-position my slaves I have the following.
    Shift 'W' - Key hold move slaves forward
    Shift 'S' - Key hold move slaves back
    Shift 'A' - Key hold strafe slaves left
    Shift 'D' - Key hold strafe slaves right
    Shift Mouse 5 - Does my slaves formation spread, Key hold. 1 goes left, 1 goes right, 1 goes left & back, 1 goes right & backwards
    Shift Space - Alts jump
    Shift 'Q' - Key hold turn slaves left
    Shift 'E' - Key hold turn slaves right

Let me know if you need anything else!

*Edit - Figured I might as well add how I attack with this setup.
    'Q' - Goes through my attack sequences on all characters
    'E' - Goes through my attack sequence only on the tank & heals (think of this key as the pull key)
    'F' - Clears my current window target only
    Shift 'F' - Clear targets on all windows
    Alt 'F' - clear focus on all windows
    'X' - follow
    1-12 - razer naga mouse, specific spells on different windows
    Mouse 5 - enables follow strobing on jambamaster
    Last edited by Teknetron : 03-23-2016 at 07:20 PM