Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Tips for 90-100 multi?

I couldn't find too much info about leveling 90-100 with multiboxing and was thinking of following this wowhead guide http://www.wowhead.com/guides/powerleveling-90-100.

Anybody have any better tips or methods?

Do you have the Draenor flying yet? Because I basically just leveled my hunters by following the main quest. I feel I chose the right path so I didn't have to go back and beat my head against a rock doing them just for the achievement.

I have Draenor flying on my main account but not the accounts that I'm planning to multi box with. Is it supposed to be bnet wide or just account-wide?

you have one account, (or you should.) then you have licenses. you could have multiple accounts and RAF, but personally i rather stay away from that, a bit too gray area for my taste. i know you can link them after the fact, but never cared to try it.

say you log in, you do User@mail.com, then password. and you get a prompt for which license to run. if so, then all licenses are on the same account and account wide stuff adds up across all of them and is available on all of them.

personally for leveling it depends on how and what kind of multiboxing you enjoy.

if you do 3boxing, you have to go for quests. maybe if you have a lot of experience you could que for dungeons, but exp/h wise quests will be better and not all dungeons are easily doable. personally if im leveling a 3s team and join a public dungeon i expect to do atleast twice as good as any 3 individual players could.

5boxing you can do dungeons with varying degrees of effectiveness, depending on you doing clones or using an actual team. don't expect a 5 man team(tank/dps/heals) to go smooth leveling, end game they might do somewhat fine, but leveling is a different story. And if you are doing clones, then 5x paladins or druids for example, can not only que for LFD, but 4rets + prot will destroy dungeons. 5x priests in the other hand and you'll just give up after the first run of mines.

from personal experience the fastest 90-100 has been 5x paladins done in two days, followed by 5xhunts then druids. hunts could have been faster, but you cant use LFD and you don't get the LFD bonus. :/

The bonus objective boosting method that you linked is very powerful. The few last times I've gone through 90-100 I've done it and it is damn quick. Naturally, it does require a good amount of setup per zone and gold for the experience pots, unless you happen to have them lying about. Still, well worth it if you ask me.

I would like to point out that even if you don't do this method, leveling is fairly easy and fast anyways, as the experience needed has been nerfed and heirlooms now work up to level 100 (as long as you've upgraded them), so even traditional questing or running dungeons is not all that bad. Out of those I prefer questing as running the same dungeon over and over gets very tedious to me.

- Have all level 90 alts start a garrison and start collecting the garrison cache when full.
    - Equip as many 100 level BoAs as possible
    - I didn't have draenor flying but sure wish I did. Still pretty easy to grind 90-100.
    - Buy and use Excess Potion of Accelerated Learning. Maintain buff by logging out promptly.
    - Follow the quest line in each zone until you ding to the next (even) level that gets you access to the next zone. Go to next zone ASAP.
    - Do the zone Bonus Objectives as you are questing. I typically don't go way out of my way to hit them all and skip the ones that have group pick-ups.
    - Pickup nearby easy treasures (get an addon to help with this). Most reward XP equal to a quest.

After you run a couple teams through you'll get a handle on what parts of the quest line(s) your can prune out vs ones that are required (say getting Scrap Yard Blueprint).

Another suggestion is to grind all teams up to level 92 to get access to Lunarfall Inn Level 2 via the quest for Outpost Building Assembly Notes. Then you can start recruiting followers. Once everybody has Inn Level 2 then push them to 96 to open up Salvage Yard Level 1. Then finish them to 100. With this you can level and generate income on inactive alts while you focus on a specific team. On several of my teams I dinged a couple levels slowly just with follower mission XP rewards.