Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

How much space on hdd it takes? 1080p 60fps 15 min video?

Quote Originally Posted by Wgizmo View Post
    How much space on hdd it takes? 1080p 60fps 15 min video?
    There is no exact answer to this because the size of the video depends on the bitrate (and resolution) being used when recording, and bitrate, when using VBR, is something that is mostly out of our control. For example, a video of you standing around in one place for 10 minutes and then getting into some action for 5 minutes, is likely going to be much smaller than a video of you in an intense 15 minute fight. Although, if you're using ShadowPlay, then it's not going to take up much space either way.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

OK so the "3.99 GB file" is a bug created when using nVidia Shadowplay with Windows 7, even the 64-bits version.

When you configure Shadowplay for manual recording, you should be able to record a video of any lenght and size, which works if you set this parameter and then reboot the computer. But if you anything else in Shadowplay, and then configure the manual record of video, you'll get the "3.99 GB file" bug.

However...

Shadowplay keeps on recording and creates a second file, so, for a 15-minute video in 1080p HD, you should have a 3.99 GB file and a 1.2 GB file. Now all that you have to do is merge them.

So I downloaded Windows Movie Maker (yeah I know...), opened the 2 files, and then saved the movie as "Recommended for this project", which will take some time because the software need to first open the files, and then record the new movie, but... it recorded a ~1.5 GB file (1/3rd of the orginal size) with moderate quality loss, and this will download much faster in YouTube. Or I should say, less slower

- Full HD 1080p raw : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lp8aQMcWw

- HD 1080p compressed by Window Movie Maker : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTUNuizuPdY
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 04-18-2016 at 10:51 AM

So, I have been streaming on Twitch a little at the beginning of s6... and I reached the amazing total of 230 views and 5 followers LOL.

With Nvidia Shadowplay I'm having some instability from the software. It's very good for capturing HD videos, but not very interesting for streaming, the most annoying thing being that it always names your stream "Desktop something", so I had to change it again and again in Twitch. Boring.

I went back to ObsProject which works very nicely, plus I can add layers for "AFK" etc. I'm just beginning, sounds interesting... However this time, it's the system itself that can hardly handle 4x Diablo III plus streaming. But I know why, it's because my computer is full of dust again, and now that the weather becomes warmer, it overheats... So next week I'll do as I do about once a year, which is open the tower, remove components, and then clean everything with a vacuum cleaner and air bombs.

In the meantime I'll migrate to Windows 10, upgrade video card (from GTX 680 to GTX 960), and add some SSD (I only have 160 GB of disk space at the moment). I wanted to change motherboard and processor too, but my i7-920 isn't so obsolete, also I read that new 2666 Mhz DDR4 memory sticks are slowed down to 2000 Mhz anyway (because of the Intel chipset) so no need to upgrade there. That's so silly.

Why 960? Wait for 1070 then 970 will be cheaper and better choice.

Or I can wait for 1170 and then 1070 will be a good choice, etc.

It's ordered already.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Or I can wait for 1170 and then 1070 will be a good choice, etc.

It's ordered already.
    Imo tou did mistake but your call.