Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default What to do at 100?

Howdy all. With some great advice from this forum I have managed to level 5 x druids to 100 and 5 x hunters to 100. I have 5 shammys at 90 and going to start my next group of 5 x warlocks this week. I have a couple of questions if I may.

1) Best way to gear up at 100? I started some heroics but gearing slowly until timewalker dungeons hit again currently 630ilvl. From what I can see pvp gear would be the fastest to get the ilvl up but I can't box in bgs?

2) What to do at 100? What do people do mainly? I mean wolrd pvp sounds fun but probally will get boring fast. Old Raiids I'm figuring would be the most fun but what raids can be done with 5 toons? Cata raids I can do with one 700ilvl toon, can MOP raids be done with only 5 toons? Any advice from people currently completing them would be great. Im assuming I should be able to hopefully complete 10man MOP raids once I get better gear but what about Garosh is that doable? Has anyone here done it with a 5man group?

3) Has anyone ran there 5 man groups to complete old raid achiements for mounts? As example the Firelands one that requires 5 for the domo achieve? Or even the red proto that needs 5 to do the spike achieve? Just seeing if it's doable before I attempt them.

Any advice from people that have done this for a while would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    1) Best way to gear up at 100? I started some heroics but gearing slowly until timewalker dungeons hit again currently 630ilvl. From what I can see pvp gear would be the fastest to get the ilvl up but I can't box in bgs?
    I personally would gear up in Ashran, its the fastest. Others prefer hunting rares in Tanaan jungle for 675-695 gear tokens. I have a team I geared up that way but its much slower. But then again if you cant get into premades, Ashran wont be fun.

2) What to do at 100? What do people do mainly? I mean wolrd pvp sounds fun but probally will get boring fast. Old Raiids I'm figuring would be the most fun but what raids can be done with 5 toons? Cata raids I can do with one 700ilvl toon, can MOP raids be done with only 5 toons? Any advice from people currently completing them would be great. Im assuming I should be able to hopefully complete 10man MOP raids once I get better gear but what about Garosh is that doable? Has anyone here done it with a 5man group?
    What do you enjoy doing? Just do that. You can solo 25-man heroic MoP Raids, you can solo Draneor heroics, with 5 geared to 700 you'll be ok. The biggest problem I have is everything dies too quick and I don't get credit for the kills, BM hunter pets DPS things down too fast.

I just do whatever the bonus week is. If its pet battles I spend the week collecting and leveling pets. If its timewalking week I spend all week timewalking. And if its Draenor dungeon week I work on my reputation. All other times I just try for old achievements.

3) Has anyone ran there 5 man groups to complete old raid achiements for mounts? As example the Firelands one that requires 5 for the domo achieve? Or even the red proto that needs 5 to do the spike achieve? Just seeing if it's doable before I attempt them.
    If it takes 5 to do it and you have 5, then Of course they'll be doable. I do not know the specific achievements you speak of but I cant see any reason you would not be able to.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot about Tannin jungle runs might try that today. Can you use follow in Ashran so I can take the 5 toons at once? If so then I will def do that, will have to try it.

I didn't know if MOP raids where doable with 5. I guess there is only one way to find out lol will def try it after I get my toons up to 700 ilvl or so. I really am enjoying the 5 druids (bear, boomie, boomie, boomie, resto). I have completed a few time walking dungeons successfully but trying to get more ilvl so I can try mythic dungeons

Looks like I have alot to try this weekend thanks. If anyone has some tips or has tried MOP Raids with 5 toons would love to hear from you.

I took my team into Ashran just two at a time just to make it less likely to be noticed as a boxer. Instead of follow I used IWT with my dual-mount.

You can only take two (or maybe three, I forget) at a time into Ashran now. If your party is bigger than that it splits you up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I took my team into Ashran just two at a time just to make it less likely to be noticed as a boxer. Instead of follow I used IWT with my dual-mount.

You can only take two (or maybe three, I forget) at a time into Ashran now. If your party is bigger than that it splits you up.
    Arghh kk dual mount of course . Will try it out this arvo thanks

My rule of thumb is once I ding a team to the max level I move on to the next team. :-)

But, as you say, it is fun to test drive them through old content for mounts and achievements.

With the current expansion I "passively" gear all teams via follower or shipyard missions. Over time you can flush them out to 645 follower rewards or better with tokens.

Over multiple expansions I've found that when the new expansion forthcoming I care less about how well my teams are geared and more about how many teams are leveled up and ready to access the new expansion.

Fair call GuildofBunk but I needed to gear them so I can run timewalking mythics etc

I do not raid or PVP, just doing the dailies in the jungle I have been getting my gear up between 670 - 690 and a five man team makes a fair bit of gold per day

Quote Originally Posted by Dadjitsu View Post
    I do not raid or PVP, just doing the dailies in the jungle I have been getting my gear up between 670 - 690 and a five man team makes a fair bit of gold per day
    Haven't tried that yet will give it a go this arvo