Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Multiboxer Miner banned during livestream

http://www.twitch.tv/redthreattv/v/52951645

Ban happens at roughly 16:30

It looks like CCP is actively going after folks who are using click-thru. If you're still using it and think CCP wont notice, you're probably wrong. I'm still running all my miners without using it, so you can probably do it too. Or, at least just don't stream it.

Although, lets not completely discount the possibility that he is doing something else as well.
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 03-07-2016 at 06:33 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

And CCP was sitting in his chat watching, which I guess is enough evidence if they don't want you using "overlays" and they can plainly see you using something they don't like they can ban you.

At least it wasn't a permanent ban, but still 30 days in eve is a lot of skill training time.

Apparently this rule was defined last year, not something new.

I already posted this on the ISBoxer forum ~2 weeks ago, but here it is (in regard to the "new" rules):

...I thought this was already established. CCP defines "modifying the game client" as putting VFX on top of the game client itself. While, by any normal definition, this isn't actually true since the game client is not being touched in any way (as with any overlay), but made up rules are rules when you're in control of the game. This "addition" to their rules seems like they're just finally getting around to adding it into their ToS, and that's it.
    So, again, using VFX on the game client is against the rules as per CCP, and this was established back almost a year ago. However, as everyone here already knows (or should), if you're too good at multiboxing and they can't prove you're doing anything wrong, then expect to be banned because you must be doing something wrong if you're too good when compared to other players doing dissimilar things (e.g. multiboxers versus non-multiboxers).

Also, people who multibox D3 may use what I like to call a "floating dxNothing window" to watch all of their minimaps at once for the purpose of looting legendary items (as well as watch other things). As per CCP's loosely defined rules, you'd technically be able to use floating dxNothing windows to achieve the same things since the dxNothing window is its own program and entirely separate from the game client. This is why their rules are, in so many words, dumb and impossible to understand.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Also, people who multibox D3 may use what I like to call a "floating dxNothing window" to watch all of their minimaps at once for the purpose of looting legendary items (as well as watch other things). As per CCP's loosely defined rules, you'd technically be able to use floating dxNothing windows to achieve the same things since the dxNothing window is its own program and entirely separate from the game client. This is why their rules are, in so many words, dumb and impossible to understand.
    Any chance you can translate for those non-D3 players here? Is that nothing more than a windowed dxNothing with an AlwaysOnTop flag, or is it a videoFX of a dxNothing window?
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    Any chance you can translate for those non-D3 players here? Is that nothing more than a windowed dxNothing with an AlwaysOnTop flag, or is it a videoFX of a dxNothing window?
    TL;DR - Yes, pretty much.

I'm replying at the moment just to give a reply, but I'll warn you that I may be slightly (read: very) intoxicated at the moment. It's a very tricky setup, and it's not perfect, but if you're going to show it to CCP it's indistinguishable from VFX actually being "on" the client itself, so if they see it they're going to act upon it in the same way and likely action the account (even though it'd be wrong to). I had a two/three-part series planned to go more into that type of setup, and hopefully I can get those videos out sooner than later.

EDIT: I'd like to also say that I'm not sure whether the video showed dxNothing or not (I didn't listen to the audio). That and the fact that you can focus a window with Window Actions when using VFX windows... so if CCP is worried about "focusing a window," well... you can do that with ISBoxer before sending a command.
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-08-2016 at 01:17 AM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    TL;DR - Yes, pretty much.

I'm replying at the moment just to give a reply, but I'll warn you that I may be slightly (read: very) intoxicated at the moment. It's a very tricky setup, and it's not perfect, but if you're going to show it to CCP it's indistinguishable from VFX actually being "on" the client itself, so if they see it they're going to act upon it in the same way and likely action the account (even though it'd be wrong to). I had a two/three-part series planned to go more into that type of setup, and hopefully I can get those videos out sooner than later.

EDIT: I'd like to also say that I'm not sure whether the video showed dxNothing or not (I didn't listen to the audio). That and the fact that you can focus a window with Window Actions when using VFX windows... so if CCP is worried about "focusing a window," well... you can do that with ISBoxer before sending a command.
    I see a DXnothing screen in the middle with no overview on top of a game client. His videos on youtube also seem to indicate he was just using DXNothing for the miners and the rest were using regular clients with no overlay. You can clearly see his clients have no overlay on the left and right screens. The top three screens are stream related based on his prior comments.

Combine that with what CCP has said in the dev blog about cutting up clients and what you're suggesting (floating dxnothing window) is bannable.
    Last edited by Tool of Society : 03-08-2016 at 09:29 PM
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

well not only was he using DXNothing but I'm pretty sure the ban was for Input Broadcasting. All of his mining lasers were cycling at the same time and they all warped at the same time. so ya, no clairity on the dxnothing end, but def a EULA no no for input broadcasting

Quote Originally Posted by fknra View Post
    well not only was he using DXNothing but I'm pretty sure the ban was for Input Broadcasting. All of his mining lasers were cycling at the same time and they all warped at the same time. so ya, no clairity on the dxnothing end, but def a EULA no no for input broadcasting
    Warping at the same time is trivial. It's called fleet/wing/squad warp.

I don't see the lasers cycling exactly at the same time. Got a time span that shows this happening in the video so I can look closer?
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

pretty sure he used the keyboard to activate his lasers. Click on the vidfx, press f1, f2, f3: not hard.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.