Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Window Layout / Character Visibility

GUys could you tell me what window layout you use and whats best way to pick up loot in TX farm? I did manage to do 4 x invoker crusader. I did made post on forum but looks like no one bother to answer. Im new to Multiboxing byt still dont know all settings and tricks for D3. If any one could share his ideas/tips/addons if there are any how to easly pick up death breath or legendarys for example would be nice. I did Made post on this D3 forum and would be nice if somone form experianced multiboxers could help.

I have to ask that you please stop hijacking other threads with questions that do not pertain to the topic at hand. This is referred to as de-railing a topic, and it leads to confusion when others attempt to read the topic or are searching for answers. I've moved this post out of another thread because that thread had nothing to do with Window Layouts and tips for looting.

I don't have the answers to your questions otherwise I'd answer them, and sometimes you just have to wait for an answer from those that do. Why aren't they replying? I don't know, but perhaps there are several threads on this sub-forum which have been created by other new players which have the answer. Other times it just takes personal experience while playing to see what works best for you since there is generally never just one right answer when it comes to multiboxing, and there is a lot of personal preference in this playstyle.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Thanks and sorry but I fought this people who do run multiboxing for while could drop some tips for new people as its hard to get any info/tips on net regarding setting up and stuff. Only few videos on youtube plus this forum. I can see people doing gr 90 then i fought they could drop pew words. It's ok I will get to this things alone and try to share here.

Most of the players around are stacking all 4 windows on top of each other, which is easy to do with IsBoxer's window layout wizard. Of course that way you can't see if you have a legendary drop on your characters #2, #3 and #4, unless...

... you use a "DxNothing" layer with 4 mini-maps on the top right corner. See image below, I just killed a blue goblin and all the Gelatinous Spawns, so plenty of legendaries are on the ground on all characters

I can't explain "how-to" in a few lines, but you can find all explainations on Mirai's YouTube channel

Name:  4_mini_maps.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  56.9 KB

Thank you Cmoidu, you did help a lot. Do you know where I can find key bind settings to have for example F1-F4 bind to switch on each window like for example: F1 - char 1, F2 - char 2,....? As far I could find Next window and previous window.

It's here... But please refer to IsBoxer guides either on Mirai's YouTube channel, or from IsBoxer forums...

Name:  Is_Boxer_F1.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  102.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    It's here... But please refer to IsBoxer guides either on Mirai's YouTube channel, or from IsBoxer forums...

Name:  Is_Boxer_F1.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  102.6 KB
    Good advice. There are lots of options to consider when swapping between clients. My WoW client selector keys, for example, have CTRL+ALT+1 through CTRL+ALT+5 for the built-in "switch to this character" option, and I have F1-F5 mapped keys in two keymaps; for example, when I press F1 with keymaps enabled:

Always On keymap -> F1 (actually bound to key F1):
    * Changes window focus to client 1
    * Reconfigures my dxNothing overview window to show clients 2-4
    * Sets the next step in my "NextWindow" multi-step mapped key to client 2
    * Calls the mapped key "F1" in my Non-Combat keymap

Non-Combat keymap -> F1 (not bound to a physical key; allows me to ignore this stuff when I have keymaps disabled):
    * Calls my JambaMaster macro to set client 1 as the group leader
    * Calls my ViewDistance macros to set client 1 as full-detail/long view distance and clients 2-4 as low-detail/short view distance.
    * Turns off Click-to-move on all clients just in case one got left on somewhere
    * Reconfigures my radial menu to work with slot 1 as the leader
    * Reconfigures my CastBar VideoFX repeaters to monitor slots 2-4 on client 1
    * Reconfigures my follower VideoFX repeaters to monitor the follower health bars for clients 2-4 on client 1

Etc.

It can get pretty complex, but it can also do some really, really nifty things with HUD information via dxNothing windows and repeaters, as Cmoidudu noted about the minimaps.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thank you for above info. Did spend some time to set it up. Atm i do have sync problem as example all chars have 25% speed but when I do fight all Invoker build sometimes they just walk away or when I stand as main window other two or sometimes one just keep walking. Need to find why its happen. Its looks like sometimes in games when you lag your char keep walking. There is no latency issue for sure. I do have 16gb ram, ssd drive, 4790K cpu and gpu 980. Ram usage is not even close to 80% same as cpu and gpu. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Wgizmo View Post
    Thank you for above info. Did spend some time to set it up. Atm i do have sync problem as example all chars have 25% speed but when I do fight all Invoker build sometimes they just walk away or when I stand as main window other two or sometimes one just keep walking (...)
    You need to have one "Force stand still" (not sure of the exact name) in-game key configured. I'm talking Diablo in-game key here, not IsBoxer key. I'm using "Maj" key myself but you can pick something else. While you're at it, you need to have one "Force move" key (I use space bar).