Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Question Problem with Jamba macros

Hello,

I been multiboxing casually (just leveling an army of characters) for a couple of months now in WoW an been happy with my experience so far, learning new things almost everyday. I found Jamba pretty quick and it have been an amazing tool so far for me in the world of multiboxing. I figure out how to create some flexibel macro by using a guide I found on this forum. Looking like this,

Code:
    /assist #master#
    /cast Obliterate
    My first team consisting of 3 characters, one (also the master) from realm A and two slaves from realm B, everything went really well. But when I tried to create my second team consisting of all three characters from the same realm, realm A I just won't work. I set up my team and macros just as before, but when I try to play my two slaves just say "Unknown unit" and can't follow or assist the master.

I tried searching around for a reason why it doesn't work to have a master from the same server as the slaves, but all I could find was that it was suppose to work. To my understanding Jamba saves all characters as Name-Realm and would internal remove the realm part if it weren't needed. But when I create the macros for my team, everyone gets

Code:
    /assist Name-Realm
    /cast Obliterate
    I think this is the problem, how can I tell Jamba to convert the #master# to only Name and not Name-Realm if the master is on the same realm as the slave and Name-Realm if the master is on a different realm? Or have I done something wrong in my macro setup?

TLDR
    Team consisting of characters from realm A, B, B works fine
    Team consisting of characters from realm A, A, A gives me "Unknown Unit" on my slaves.

I olny needed to read the 1st few lines to know the problam ill get it fixxed for you. Wowapi does not understand same realm i don't use this part off jamba and nerver tested it in 4.0 thanks for the report

EDIT!!!!

ok i got a fix and think its working or it does on my test.

if you like to hotfix it your self untill i get around to to adding it to the build am working on that could be a few months.

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\Jamba-Macro (or where ever you installed wow)

open JambaMacro.lua with notepad or notepad++ (i would use the 2nd easyer to find stuff)

go to line 1385 (notepad++ ctrl+G)
    or find the line

Code:
    macroText = macroText:gsub( "#"..tag.."#", characterName )
    change that line to

Code:
    macroText = macroText:gsub( "#"..tag.."#", ( Ambiguate( characterName, "none" ) ) )

reload ui or relog and it should build them without the realm name if on the same server, if not it add the realm name.

Edit it is in the build from Beta-4.3f
    if u wonnted to use that build.
    Last edited by ebony : 03-04-2016 at 12:43 PM

I just tried this solution a few minutes ago and it worked! Thanks a lot for the solution and the quick help

Np glad it worked thanks for the report it was unknown to me.