Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Old content raids

I hear cata raids give great gold.. Is it better to go in solo or as a 5 man team?
    I know the trash obviously will give more gold i.e.: greens to vendor going solo but for purely bosses is it the same 1 vs 5?

Blog Entries

For Cata, my method of gold farming is as follows:
    I have five Hunters with Tailoring camped at the entrance to Bastion of Twilight. I log each in individually, clear trash to the first boss and reset until I hit the max resets wall. Then log the next Hunter in the list. The BOEs aren't worth a whole lot, but the cloth... oh man does that cloth. I make Embersilk bags and sell stacks of raw cloth.
    My Blog: SRS Business

5 manning cata raids will net you about 20k gold, doing it separately 1 by 1 will net about 40k ish but is extremely and I mean extremely (cant stress enough) boring.

The gold the bosses drop in Cataclysm raids is based on the amount of players in the raid instance with an average of about 125g per character in 25HC mode (any other mode or raids from different expansions drop considerably less gold and quite franklly are not worth it.

The difference between running all your characters in separate instances instead of the same one would come from the loot items. If we expect an average of around 100g vendor value on the loot items, you would go from gaining about 625g (pure gold) + 100g (loot items), to gaining 625g + 500g. Major jump, yes, but requires a lot more effort to babysit 5 different instances at the same time, and will more than likely slow your farm cycles considerably. Whether it is worth it... I honestly do not know. I always just ran all my toons in the same instances as it was more comfortable and made enough gold for my needs.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 03-04-2016 at 05:30 AM

Blog Entries

Wubsie makes an excellent point, a bit of experimentation is probably in order.
    My Blog: SRS Business