Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Thoughts on Injectors/Extractors with Multiple Accounts

I'm sure many of you have done the math and thought about this, but I wanted to start a discussion about the new injectors/extractors for being able to keep multiple accounts paying for themselves. My thoughts begin with the idea of never actually training this toon any further, so assume a cyno alt, trade alt, miner alt, etc. Let's talk a little math:

So you can generate roughly 2mil SP per month with a perfect remap and at least +4 implants in your 2 stats you are training in (I'm taking that fact second hand, as I've never crunched the numbers myself). I like battleship training to 5 so far to steal from as you can squeeze 3 injectors out of that 4->5 progression without ever changing the skill training.

That equals out to 4 injectors per month. Assuming you can generate the 4 injectors per month and buy the extractors off the market, you would be required to have an isk profit of 1/4 plex per injector to cut even on paying for a plex just through injectors. Currently plex is around 1.2bil, so 300mil profit per extractor/injector pair is required. This is easily achieved at the moment as Amarr is showing about a 350mil spread between extractor buy orders and injector sell orders. In the future? Who knows. I expect extractor prices to climb later, but not quickly. The question is will injectors go up when extractors do or will the price of SP end up being lower in the long run. A glut of SP was removed when this first happened and now it will be dependent on the SP farmers to keep up the supply. Assuming the demand keeps up

Lots of future questions, so we'll stick to a "for now" scenario. Right now you can sustain multiple accounts through injectors, profit off of them if you add in PI on all 3 toons on the account, and profit more if you actually use the account for isk making endeavors. I know everyone is upset at CCP coming down on overlays and that they seem to be on an anti-multibox bent right now, but in terms of multi-account stability we have just entered the Golden Age for EVE as now you could theoretically run as many accounts as you want as long as you are willing to never have them increase their SP count. You can hand-make a "perfect" toon to do one particular thing and then do it forever (or as long as the margins hold out between PLEX/extractors/injectors) without paying irl.

I was pretty shocked to glance in here and see nothing really written up about this. I can only assume to everyone else this is "obvious" but either way I wanted to kick off a conversation and see what everyone's thoughts were. Also, anyone who has old trained accounts well above the 5mil SP mark can melt those puppies down for massive money. I went from being "space middle class" to "I can buy a titan but meh" nearly overnight. Having a big bankroll may entice some older players back to go whelp ships for funsies or to start that huge mining fleet they always wanted.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

we had a small discussing on the other thread a couple weeks ago about this topic, and as i said:

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette
    I dont have numbers in front of me right now, but i dont think its possible to make profit with sp farming.
    (2700x24x30=1944000) or 1.94m/sp per month at max speed. (+5 implants and full remaps)
    So you get nearly 4 extractors each month, at about 300m profit per extractor you are getting 1.2b each month. I think the prices will change when people realise this however.
    i would, however, like to add somethings to this. i personally think the price of injectors is going to change when people realise that this is possible, it might just take a few months for the "sp farms" to start filling demand, but when they do, the price will most likely drop since demand is prob only going to go down.
    second problem i see with this is the limit at wich you can extract sp, 5.5m sp if im not mistaken. this means that unless you already have a lot of toons with this amount of sp ready to start farming, you would have to make a significant investment of ~2 plex's per toon. and at a profit of ~300m per month it would take quite a while to break even.

i really hope that i am wrong tough, because i would love to be able to make profit by simply having a training queue active :P

also note that the maximum sp you can withdraw is 1.94m, wich only equates to 3 full extractors
    Last edited by MiRai : 03-03-2016 at 07:59 PM Reason: Formatting

Thanks for those numbers. I went and verified now that I'm at home with EVEMon running and indeed 2700SP/Hour on a +5 perfect remap toon. You guys must have talked about this in the grinder thread which has turned into a mess I don't really read anymore (press the "Post New Thread" button already!)

I don't think anyone knows the direction of prices for injectors, but all the more reason to take advantage of the situation now. If it becomes untenable just stop and use the last month's injectors to make back what you can on the initial plex cost.

As for the 1.94m extracted that's only an issue on the first month and then something like 16 months later you'll be short another injector. If you're doing anything to make up that injector cost in between starting and a year and a quarter you're fine.

If you have an account running ghetto PI every month on all 3 toons you should be able to sustain an account no problem even if the difference between extractor/injector prices drops to ~250mil. Throw mining or trading profits on top of that and tell me we're not in a much better position to multibox EVE than we were before skill injectors. You may have to work a little for your "free" account, but it's back to the days when plex cost per account was more like 300mil instead of 1.2bil as long as you're willing to bite the bullet and not progress in SP.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for replying and getting a conversation moving about this!
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

I'm planning to do exactly what you're describing in the OP. I have about 14 or so accounts that I plan to extract SP from once they're perfect miners. I was saying early on that this is going to make some of us a lot of money; it certainly looks that way for me. With the extractors, everything I mine is essentially gravy on top.

EDIT: I have a few corp mates who melted down all their alts and are sitting on a huge pile of isk now. Hello space retirement!
    Last edited by EaTCarbS : 03-04-2016 at 06:46 PM
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.