Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Best Support to go with a 3x and support setup? and good team makeups?

***** Sorry going to be alot of questions again hope you all dont mind, I have only been back playing D3 for the last 3 and a half weeks, after a 3 year break ... ALOT has changed. Before I played only Wiz/Barb/Monk since coming back I have only played Barb/Monk *****

So I'm new to Multiboxing and going to give it a go tonight after work. I have 3 new trial accounts setup to do a quick test with and if I like it I'm going to upgrade them all and get started. BUT I dont know what to do. My current account is 650 paragon on seasonal so I'll be using that as the "main" account. The other thing is I have a friend that I would play with sometimes, he is playing a monk. My current goal isnt super high but I would like to be able to push up to GR75 me doing 3 characters and him on his monk.

So I was thinking of running 3 DPS and a support setup. I have 3 monks, 2 barbs, a DH & a Wiz on my main account. So I could run ether support barb or support monk (or level a WD) along with whatever I chose to play.

• I'm leaning towards doing Crusader's first, though wizard & DH are appealing as well.
    • When I play with my buddy he could play a support monk and we could push GRifts together. If that is the case would a 2x Sader, WD, & Monk team work best? or 3x sader & monk?
    • Does a 4x monk team work? wasnt sure with the melee range and everything if it would... Sunwuko WoL builds maybe?
    • Could someone give me some advice or links to the support builds? are they different for multiboxing than the standard support builds people use? like I have a support/globe monk already would I just use that or is it different for the multiboxing setup? if so what would I use?
    • What is the advantage of each type of support and what do the work best supporting? I dont know anything really about WD and dont know what it brings. I know barb can make alot of orbs and has Ignore Pain. I know monk has Mantras, can make orbs, and has some buffs.

I have more questions but thats a good place to start. Thank you everyone in advance.

-Wrathen
    Last edited by Wrathen : 02-26-2016 at 06:09 PM

Crusaders right now are probably the easiest to multibox in season 5 and provide the most flexibility, although all classes are doable and fairly easy depending on what your goals are. I've been playing DH exclusively this season myself.

Concerning multiboxing composition, there are a lot of threads that have been posted recently discussing different setups, but understand ahead of time that most people who start out multiboxing simply do 4x of the same class and build off from there once they get the technical part of Multiboxing down (and also stick with it long enough where composition matters). You can steamroll pretty far with good gear and just 4x of the same class + build.

It's pretty easy to drop down to 3 characters to play with others with ISBoxer, and will help you a lot of your partner is the support or the person doing more of the movement type stuff (collecting globes, mob grouping, clicking shrines, etc).

I'd recommend focusing just getting a group to 70, getting the controls down, getting to a point where you can do TX Rifts with ease, before stressing out about composition. The Gem of Ease makes it it's very very easy to level new classes to experiment with and change compositition quickly. So once you get past those humps, you can move on to the intermediate step of class mixing or build mixing, and by the time you hit the Advanced stage of awesome mixed groups... you'll be the one telling us what you are doing and having success with!

As far as game specific things (builds, mechanics, how support works, etc) I recommend reading diablo specific sites (reddit, diablofans, d3planner, etc) to learn all the mechanics of classes, etc. The majority of popular builds translate well to boxing. And you'll know very quickly when multiboxing gets in the way of some builds.

If you really are hardpressed to do composition out of the gate... in most cases, i recommend driving with your support as your main window. However, others may have a different opinion on this.
    Last edited by wakasm : 02-27-2016 at 12:50 AM

That's some great advice thanks!!! So I got all the accounts up and running started 3 saders and PLed them all in 30mins to 70. It took about double the time I can normally do the PLing cause I was getting use the ISBoxer and stuff. I then did 3 t6 rifts with them standing at the front, remembered the gift and went and killed Zultan Kule for them. I then did 2 tx rifts and called it a night. I just had them standing at the zone in for each level collecting paragon and after finishing the rift would run around collecting loot.

This morning my buddy hopped on and I dropped one sader and we did some Level 50GRifts to feed the newbies paragon and gear. They are now paragon 130s

Still not a lot of gear to do stuff themselves bit I think I can manage a solo gr20 for the last gift