Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default DH Shadow Mantle 4x Checking In - GR63+ so far

Hey guys,

I'm generally lurking every season reading what you are doing, but this is the first season I've put in more than 500 Paragon points due to the Stash Tab and free time.

I'm currently playing 3 DH using the Shadow Mantle set and 1 DH doing buff support (mark,wolf,+damage gems, nemesis bracers, oddsey bow for more +%damage), using the 4 set Shadow Mantle bonus to get the Shadow Power bonus for movement purposes. This is probably the dumbest setup I've tried so far in relation to multiboxing and optimization is concerned, but it's also fun, despite having to use vault and lining up shots with 3 guys (open maps with no corners are my love and bane at the same time).

I'm fairly sure with better gear on my slots 2 and 3 (right now there is a like 900k sheet damage discrepancy), I could be pushing a lot further, but I seem to be having technical issues that I've never experienced up until greater Rift 60+.

• Every time I'm doing well in GR63 (where I am at right now), I have one of my characters randomly drop out, and it's generally a random slot, that is not my focus window, and it messes up many of my good runs. It doesn't seem to do this on anything below 60, and generally only happens at the highest GR.
    • I'm experiencing weird lag if I hold down the impale button, vs spam pressing it - i am guessing this is similar lag like barbs last season, but I am not sure.
    • (might not be technical) I seem to have one guy who character slot who dies in higher grifts way easier than others... despite having gear on par in toughness, same items, etc and it always FEELS more like a technical issue (not sure how to confirm), but, it could just be I'm blind at what defensive stats he is missing, although, when I inspect stats, i can't see it. It feels ilke this particular slot (my 3rd slot) is always the first to get hit, like it's taking one step forward, ahead of the other windows, by like pixels. This could just be some gear issue though... but... not sure at this point.

Has anyone experienced these things as a multiboxer?

Some computer specs if needed:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    • 16GB RAM
    • Windows 10
    • SSD Drive for the operating system + gaming.
    • Also, internet speed - 120 - 135Mbps on average, in case that could be a factor.

I've tried deleting the diablo cache and setting my network card to certain settings that blizz recommends. I've multiboxed WoW in the past 5-10 man without issue as far as disconnects, etc.

Thanks for anything. I've not pushed myself this hard before due to time restraints, and I am hoping there is something I can do as I feel I can definitely push another 5+ GR once I get fully ancient and some good rolls. Would love to hit 70.

Any support DH tips also welccome, as I am really winging it assuming that the bonus buffs is better than just straight up 4 impale.

I felt like one of my characters was always going splat too often as well but found was lacking in defense in a particular spot. I swapped in the Esoteric gem to offset it until I could fix.

For the other concerns, I hate this method but it usually resolves the problem. If you start from scratch on ISboxer with a new profile it's fixed most of my wonky oddities.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

I'll try refreshing isboxer, although, for season 5, I actually did just that because my seasons 2-4 setups were all over the place as I was doing a lot of things with keymaps and round robins, and I wanted to start clean this season since so far, my demon hunters have not had any need for that stuff.

As for the character itself, I do Estoreic Gem already on all 4 demon hunters, and they all use approx the same gear, with same reroll goals, and even when I look at the stats, I can't spot anything serously lacking. The character slot that is dying is lacking some +vit compared, but actually has more armor, resistance, and life on hit than both my other guys but he always gets hit first (not one shot), and is first to die, while the others tend to not get damaged at all.

When i run the same character solo to increase my shard count max, I don't have the same issues.

Maybe I'll post the profiles later and someone can take a peak and see what I am missing.

It just feels like some technical thing, and not... a gear thing.

If you're experiencing disconnections when there is a lot of action then it could be caused by a shitty mode/router that cannot handle the amount of data required.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    If you're experiencing disconnections when there is a lot of action then it could be caused by a shitty mode/router that cannot handle the amount of data required.
    I have a Linksys e4200 - i don't know if that is a shitty router or not. I actually just purchased a new modem, but haven't installed it yet, but that is only because I don't feel like paying a modem fee anymore. I guess i'll try getting that going this weekend and see if that has any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wakasm View Post
    I have a Linksys e4200 - i don't know if that is a shitty router or not. I actually just purchased a new modem, but haven't installed it yet, but that is only because I don't feel like paying a modem fee anymore. I guess i'll try getting that going this weekend and see if that has any difference.
    I honestly don't know what differentiates a shitty mode/router from a non-shitty one, but it looks like you currently have one of the better models (although it seems to be old and have a handful of bad reviews on Amazon--not that that means much, I guess /shrug). I assume you're wired in and not trying to play on a wireless connection? Either way, I'm only passing along what others have reported on the ISBoxer forum when it came to fixing weird, random disconnection issues over the years.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I honestly don't know what differentiates a shitty mode/router from a non-shitty one, but it looks like you currently have one of the better models (although it seems to be old and have a handful of bad reviews on Amazon--not that that means much, I guess /shrug). I assume you're wired in and not trying to play on a wireless connection? Either way, I'm only passing along what others have reported on the ISBoxer forum when it came to fixing weird, random disconnection issues over the years.

No worries. I just made the modem switch and my internet went up another 50Mbps or so... crossing my fingers that was part of the issue. I'll post back once I try some GR to see if there is any difference. I am not sure why I waited so long to do so.

Name:  5118333621.png
Views: 161
Size:  31.6 KB

And nope. Tried GR65 3 times, and about halfway through, even during a really great run, had different slots freeze in place, then eventually disconnect. I guess I'll have to look into router stuff next. Any recommendations welcome. I'll try some more obvious stuff, like ethernet cables as well, but i am guessing this won't be a problem i can sovle .

Tried about 5 GR at easier levels, and a few GR at TX and no disconnects.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wakasm : 02-26-2016 at 02:47 AM

Are you still doing round-robin ? At some point I had problems using round-robin, and I could have either some character desync or freezes. Maybe that was just me doing some bad IsBoxer configuration however, but still, from the moment I have only been doing key forwarding, everything was ok. But it can be non-related too, since I updated my video pilot many times in the meantime.

The only problem I have from time to time when doing high GRs (like 75+) is the "general-freeze" that you can see on Twitch when the big guys are doing high GRs with the "Wizard-Twister" setup.

Maybe because since the creatures have billions of life, they can stack more of whatever-things-that-does-stacks and then the game or the server has difficulties computing all that.

[edit] About that thing with one character dying all the time, remember that creatures tend to focus the first character met, which can be a real annoyance when you meet packs of winged-female-strippers (not playing at the moment so I forgot the name), and then they spit some heat-seeking-red-missiles which are my #1 cause of death of my Wizard if he doesn't cast Slow Time bubble and/or Black Hole in due time.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 02-26-2016 at 08:45 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    Are you still doing round-robin ?
    No round robin with this team. The only thing i would consider round robin-ing is my right click, which I have set to fan of knives with stun, which I don't think is possible to RR right click.

As for the one toon getting hit, i asked about it because I just find it weird that it's ALWAYS that one guy. If there is something going technically with isboxer that he is one thatnaturally always the first one to be hit, like, somehow the pixels or click timing makes that happen, then I'd like to take advantage of that and make my support DH "the guy" because he is the one with the most defense/vit. I'd love to make the support the "tank", but it's really hard to micro control him beyond holding a key to move him around solo which i do sometimes.

I'll try to post gear later today. I keep forgetting to do that. Maybe someone can tell me what obvious thing I am missing there if it's gear related.