Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Hello New Guy here & a question or two

Hello everyone. I'm just getting back into D3 after 3 years away, I have been back 3 weeks.

I used two 2 box or 3 box EQ one back in the day without software or anything and loved it for the challenge and efficiency. Well I got back into D3 to play with a buddy, but he only plays 2-3 days a week at most. I'm not sure how now but a week or so ago I saw/read/something about multiboxing and it seemed interesting I have been doing some reading here watching a few views and think I want to jump in on this....

BUT ...

before I pull the trigger on 3 more accounts and ISBoxer I have a few questions:
    1. I have a AMD FX 8350 (4Ghz), with 8GB of RAM (I could upgrade this without much issue), and a MSI GTX770 (2GB) video card. Will my system run everything fine without lagging up and stuff?
    2. Do I have to issue D3 four separate times? or does it just launch four times?
    3. I'm currently playing monk and enjoying it. Does 4x monk work? if so whats a good spec?
    4. I'm currently doing LoN and having trouble getting all the ancients. I could see having to do it 4 times could be troublesome but fun. Does 4x LoN monk work?
    5. Is there a 3x Monk with a support or splash of something work well? if so what support do you run?
    6. What are some good 4 man setup's?
    7. My buddy is playing a monk, so at times I would drop one of the crew and bring in him. does that change what your would recommend?
    8. What would be the easiest to setup and play as a first go round for a team?

Thanks in advance
    -Wrathen
    Last edited by Wrathen : 02-24-2016 at 03:17 PM

You said 1-2 questions and that's 8. This is going to cost you a lot

1- I would increase RAM to 24GB (I have that), also a SSD drive really makes a difference. About the rest... I have an Intel Core i7 (2.67Ghz) and a GTX 680 video card, both inferior to what you have, and I run 4x Diablo III in 1920x1080 (with low effects however).

2- It launches by itself 4 times (well Isboxer launches the 4 game windows).

3- As for season 5 there is a "supreme" combo that dominates the game, but I wouldn't begin with that one if you never multiboxed Diablo III. I would begin with 4x the same class with same skills so that you get used to multiboxing. Also, try to avoid skills that can make your characters move at different speeds, like, for Monks : Fists of Thunder, Epiphany, Seven-Sided Strike, Dashing Strike...

4- LoN is a long road, and doing 4x LoN will not take you 4x the time, but it will take you much longer than 1x LoN...

5- There are 2 behaviors among Diablo III multiboxers : the 4x same class dudes, and the DPS + zDPS support dudes. I belong to the 2nd category. Pick your side ! As for supports, it depends if you want to increase your global DPS (WDs are very good at that), if you want to get more survivabilty, or both...

6- Check the lastest posts in this forum... Once again, I wouldn't play the "meta-teams" if you are new to multiboxing. I would recommend that you start with a nice 4x Crusader / invoker setup, it's easy to build and it works fine without ancients.

7- Well it depends on what setup you are playing

8- I would start 4x seasonal Crusaders, and then you can get free sets of armor at 70. I did that and reached season 5 Paragon 600+ in less than 3 weeks (and I have a job, a girlfriend, etc.) Of course the big Twitch dudes reached Paragon 1k in less than 3 days but I consider myself a human being
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 02-24-2016 at 05:41 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    You said 1-2 questions and that's 8. This is going to cost you a lot
    ya before I hit submit I thought about updating the title. Thanks again for the advice. Would it be alot more difficult to run 3 Crusaders and a monk as support since I already have a monk (550'ish paragon) and could maybe slowly get more gear for him too? or would that make it alot more complicated?

Welcome to the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathen View Post
    1. I have a AMD FX 8350 (4Ghz), with 8GB of RAM (I could upgrade this without much issue), and a MSI GTX770 (2GB) video card. Will my system run everything fine without lagging up and stuff?
    It's hard to say, but seeing as you need a BNet account for each copy of Diablo 3, you could always start up four new BNet accounts (three you're going to keep and the fourth being a throwaway) and see how the D3 trial runs on those. Unfortunately, trials cannot play with retail accounts (although that may have changed), so you would need that fourth throwaway BNet, and when the time comes you can just upgrade three of those four to use with your main account.

The trial isn't the best way to gauge performance since the RoS expansion brings some better looking areas which are a bit more taxing, but it will give you an idea. I mean, if you can't run four copies of the game from level 1-20 then you're certainly in need of upgrades , but this all depends on what resolution and framerate you expect to be playing at.

My guess would be that, right off the bat, your RAM is going to be a limiting factor with four game clients, and increasing to 16GB sooner than later would probably be best. After that it'd likely be your CPU, and then your GPU, but I'm just guessing and you can always monitor your hardware yourself to see what the bottleneck is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathen View Post
    2. Do I have to issue D3 four separate times? or does it just launch four times?
    It's safe to assume you're going to be using ISBoxer since no other software, that I know of, is capable of multiboxing the game due to the mouse broadcasting required, but with that said, you can either launch the executable directly, or go through the launcher--either method is acceptable and launching is mostly automated (in a not-against-the-game's-rules way).
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Welcome to the forum.

My guess would be that, right off the bat, your RAM is going to be a limiting factor with four game clients, and increasing to 16GB sooner than later would probably be best. After that it'd likely be your CPU, and then your GPU, but I'm just guessing and you can always monitor your hardware yourself to see what the bottleneck is.
    So works fine did 45FPS per window.... it does run on my current system doesnt seem to lag but with just 4 copies of the game and Discord running i run between 75%-95% memory usage on 8GB i did order some more (16GB more) but it wont be here till middle of next week.... BUTTTTT its up and going strong.