Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Showing results 31 to 39 of 39

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    key word "unfair".
    Would you agree or disagree it's more efficient to set up a ton of dxNothing views and one main view on a single monitor *even if it reduces the real estate of your main view a bit* than setting things up across multiple monitors?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz View Post
    Would you agree or disagree it's more efficient to set up a ton of dxNothing views and one main view on a single monitor *even if it reduces the real estate of your main view a bit* than setting things up across multiple monitors?
    I would say that the player who spends time meticulously crafting his dxNothing windows would indeed have an advantage over one player over multiple monitors if you were input broadcasting (if only to make sure your stupid guns were cycling) or doing a similar inane activity which required little input, such as mining in highsec with tanked procurors in a 1.0 system (and not caring if they die) or playing DDD for some Vexors.

However, for everything else that requires skills, such as PVP, capital escalations, complex PVE (i.e. non-AFK ratting), or saving your ass when your 18 ratting chimeras gets dropped on (Hi, Gaara!), the player who has more monitors would win, as I outlined in the reddit post.

And of course, they would both have an advantage over 1 player with 1 monitor. But then again, I'd get a advantage if I parked my ass two feet from the London servers compared to someone in the middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

it's nice to finally get clarification that using windows management is on the OK list so ToS and O'neal can still have our 50/50 split heals in one screen and dps in windowed on the other

playing eve with 1 monitor is just silly (i played on a laptop for over a year, will NEVER go back)
    that said, I doubt you would get caught if you had dxnothing windows set up to show your shields on all your toons and had them set up to switch to the correct window on click. (ie: toon 4 is taking damage click to switch to toon 4 pop cyno, click through 1-8 to jump to toon 4) as you're just using it as a window management tool
    I think they're going to crack down on the "perfected" 10 toons with overlays and guns on one screen (no proof, no rumor, just a hunch)

Quote Originally Posted by fknra View Post
    playing eve with 1 monitor is just silly (i played on a laptop for over a year, will NEVER go back)
    that said, I doubt you would get caught if you had dxnothing windows set up to show your shields on all your toons and had them set up to switch to the correct window on click. (ie: toon 4 is taking damage click to switch to toon 4 pop cyno, click through 1-8 to jump to toon 4) as you're just using it as a window management tool
    I think they're going to crack down on the "perfected" 10 toons with overlays and guns on one screen (no proof, no rumor, just a hunch)
    That's the thing. They can't tell between someone with 1 monitor and overlays switching like you described to cyno and jump, and someone with 8 monitors who does the same thing. CCP Falcon himself (however inadvertently) agreed that multiple monitors constituted an unfair advantage over someone with 1 monitor.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

More changes against the playstyle.

Starting to feel like a http://i.imgur.com/DtCk4sa.gifv

(NSFL/W ish)

to be honest this doesnt affect my playstyle at all, i have multiboxed eve in windowed mode since the 1st of january changes, sad to see so many people quitting about these tough

Quote Originally Posted by iThirdAge Solette View Post
    to be honest this doesnt affect my playstyle at all, i have multiboxed eve in windowed mode since the 1st of january changes, sad to see so many people quitting about these tough
    I m sure I could get myself to learn your playstyle, but honestly, what I loved about multiboxing was the layouts and finding new ways of optimizing it. Now that it is gone, my interest in EVE is zero.

I m packing my things, unachoring POS'es, selling stuff, consolidating all the tings on one char and exchange my wealth into plex... for the this little tiny hope in me that one day I come back and have fun again.

Wish you guys all the best, fly safe o7
    Eve Online Characters
    Main: Egosession | Secondary: Mike Lonestarr | Incursions: 3nej

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    On the plus side it seems a lot of people are rustled by this, because it is so vague that it applies to pretty much any 3rd party utility. The response from CCP will be interesting.
    It's vague enough that anyone using a video overlay for broadcasting live streams also theoretically qualifies as a bannable offense, despite that by very definition no overlay function actually is a modification of ANY part of CCP code due to it being a graphics card related function.

I have a workstation graphics card that is pretty juiced and if i were to do some sort overlay for broadcasting live of the game, that sounds to me like CCP could just arbitrarily ban me.