Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 39

On the plus side it seems a lot of people are rustled by this, because it is so vague that it applies to pretty much any 3rd party utility. The response from CCP will be interesting.
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Not to be cynical, but that is if we get a response, either way it still won't help us

CCP response: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...36#post6362936

Of particular note: "We do not necessarily need to differentiate between different systems. If the logs show activity that should not be possible through normal means, we will take action."

Guess ISBoxer's VideoFX is back on the allowed list!
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Keep pretending you care about EVE ISBoxers and not just their money, Lax.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

perhaps Lax could comment on this, but i'm fairly certain that vidfx click thru bring the game client to the foreground when used (indistinguishable from alt-tab) using features build into windows. No client modification whatsoever.

perhaps Lax could comment on this, but i'm fairly certain that vidfx click thru bring the game client to the foreground when used (indistinguishable from alt-tab) using features build into windows. No client modification whatsoever.
    It would put a click in the input stream, ISBoxer does not bring a window to foreground just to send a click; this is also why it can click in more than one window at the same time, as opposed to something like keyclone which would bring each to foreground and click one at a time.

Overlays which contain a full, unchanged, EVE Client instance in a view only mode, no matter how large or small they are scaled, like it is done by EVE-O Preview as of today, are fine with us
    The DWM thumbnail API allows partial views, this still sounds silly.

But they are saying that VFX are fine, without click-thru. You can focus the clients with the VFX Focus Hotkey and interact with them, but apparently they don't want interaction as per "view only mode"
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...3diu?context=3

CCP Falcon just inadvertently agreed that multiple monitors provide an unfair advantage over those without.
    Wanna earn your customer's respect? Go to bat for them. Defend them and what they do. Don't roll over on command, and don't punish them for being human beings. And no, this ain't aimed at CCP.

Come hang out with us in the channel "Isboxers Lounge" and discuss fittings, doctrines, or just shoot the breeze. Unlike the forums, we won't ban you for what you say. IGN: "AayJay Crendraven" and "Nolak Ataru".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comment...3diu?context=3

CCP Falcon just inadvertently agreed that multiple monitors provide an unfair advantage over those without.
    ofc its an advantage, I don't think anyone is going to argue against that.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    ofc its an advantage, I don't think anyone is going to argue against that.
    key word "unfair".

Quote Originally Posted by bugme143 View Post
    CCP response: https://forums.eveonline.com/default...36#post6362936

Of particular note: "We do not necessarily need to differentiate between different systems. If the logs show activity that should not be possible through normal means, we will take action."

Guess ISBoxer's VideoFX is back on the allowed list!
    [Inigo voice] Mmmm, I don't think that means what you think it means.

I mean, sure, do whatever you want! ...but they'll ban you if you do it faster than they think you should be able to do it.
    "Tact is for those that lack the wit for sarcasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Mosg2 View Post
    [Inigo voice] Mmmm, I don't think that means what you think it means.

I mean, sure, do whatever you want! ...but they'll ban you if you do it faster than they think you should be able to do it.
    I'm fairly sure at this point that CCP Falcon/Peligro's idea of "faster than [one] should be able to do it" is very similar to "slower than (drunk) me [Falcon/Peligro]".