Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 39

Yep. Scanning to end of the EVE-O-Preview thread shows that the same debate is happening on that one too, and they are asking for clarification as to whether it is still allowed .

With a game design that encourages multiple accounts, and even multiboxing those accounts, but the powers that be stamping down on it, then the desire to actually play is just going out the window. I guess they only need to make enough money to put food on the table, so once you whittle down your player base to a few die hard souls, then you know what your stable income is going to be and what you can afford.

Maybe they're hoping that Valkyrie will be the next best thing to enslave the masses (those that can shell out the $600 for it anyway), and part them with their hard earned $15 p/m. I'm not sure multiboxing on the Rift will be possible (although it would be cool if it was).

Now you're just taking the piss. Going to get Windows completely banned. It'll become one of those really annoying fullscreen only games that every time you try and ALT+ENTER, it spends ages flickering before going back to fullscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by mbox_bob View Post
    Now you're just taking the piss. Going to get Windows completely banned. It'll become one of those really annoying fullscreen only games that every time you try and ALT+ENTER, it spends ages flickering before going back to fullscreen.
    Indeed now just being good at boxing can result in a ban as stated by CCP. Personally I'm done putting time and effort into a game run by people who seem intent on redefining their EULA and rules till they can "legally" ban me.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

To be fair though i think in a small way we all saw this coming.

Thankfully for me at least Black desert online is coming out in a few days, I'm going to unsub all but 1 account for a while and just wait this out to see where it goes

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    To be fair though i think in a small way we all saw this coming.

Thankfully for me at least Black desert online is coming out in a few days, I'm going to unsub all but 1 account for a while and just wait this out to see where it goes
    Oh I definitely predicted this back last year when the original EULA "clarification" was made. I'm just surprised it took this long before they brought the hammer down on dxnothing/videofx and apparently even eve-o preview. The current dev blog basically declares that having more then one account can be bannable if they so desire. Since they are going based on the server logs and a very VERY vague definition of what is considered unfair.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

Well yeah thats exactly the problem isnt it.
    If i save 20 seconds using vfx to activate modules, it might be considered unfair.
    If i use plh to get intel, might be considered unfair, because i dont have to look up the guys zkill history and check to see if hes a cyno alt, or i might miss something, so i gain an advantage by saving time.

What if, i use a market tool to check prices of jita or somewhere before i fly there, check prices and fly back, how much time do i save doing that?

Im not saying market tools should be banned, but in a way they give just as big of an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by thedevilyouknow View Post
    Well yeah thats exactly the problem isnt it.
    If i save 20 seconds using vfx to activate modules, it might be considered unfair.
    If i use plh to get intel, might be considered unfair, because i dont have to look up the guys zkill history and check to see if hes a cyno alt, or i might miss something, so i gain an advantage by saving time.

What if, i use a market tool to check prices of jita or somewhere before i fly there, check prices and fly back, how much time do i save doing that?

Im not saying market tools should be banned, but in a way they give just as big of an advantage
    Yeah little things like using PLH with multiple accounts up could be construed as bannable now. It's not worth navigating the minefield of being banned whenever for whatever reason.
    Vonbaron Ordo
    Kinete Jenius

I don't know whether to bother subbing my accounts later when i have more time or not.

Granted i don't need vfx and was perfectly prepared to not use them, it is the "ban if too efficient" that hits me, they don't need proof with their precious logs

This has been an uphill battle for you all for quite awhile, yet your boxer ingenuity has triumphed time and time again.

I may never play Eve but if you guys really love this game I know you can come up with something to keep it within their ever changing rules. You can do it!!