Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 27

Default My Leveling Routine for RAF 1-90

http://jakel33t.com/multi-box-leveling-1-90/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hEt5vHhGXc

**This Guide is based on Multiboxing and leveling a lot of teams**

*If you are only going to level one (1) 5-man team, I’d suggest having a Tank, Healer and 3 DPS and using the LFD @ level 15.*
    This Guide Covers how to quickly level multiple characters using Heirlooms, Recruit-a-Friend and Multiboxing.

Teams
    We will be using a level 100 to power level the remaining four (4) Characters; my suggestion is a Protection Paladin using the Glyph of Consecrator.

The other 4 Characters are linked via Recruit-a-Friend:
    [Character2] –Linked- [Character4]
    [Character3] –Linked- [Character5]

The Team should look like this:
    [Level 100, Character 2, Character 3, Character 4, Character 5]

Heirlooms
    Equip as many experience heirlooms as you own to all 4 of the new characters. It really doesn’t matter what type, they won’t be doing any damage.

The Process

Moving all the characters around can get annoying, use a combination of Summon Friend and Meeting Stones and it will be easier. For me I use my level 100 with a two seat flying mount and I take character 2 with him, fly to the new location and then character 2 Summon Friend’s character 4. We then summon via Meeting Stone characters 3 and 5.

Level 1-10
    This is by far the slowest leg of the process, I usually just do the starting area and skip any quests that are not multi-box friendly.
    Once all four characters are level 10 then move them to Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

Level 11-23
    Do the quests here for added experience.
    Using the level 100, Run Ragefire Chasm for (Horde) and Deadmines for (Alliance) until the new characters are level 23.

Level 24-33
    Using the level 100, Run Scarlet Monastery until the new characters are level 33.

Level 34-42
    Using the level 100, Run Scholomance until the new characters are level 42.

Level 43-57
    Using the level 100, Run Stratholme: Service Entrance until the new characters are level 57.
    Alternately you can run Sunken Temple at level 45, but the travel is time consuming.

Level 58-63
    Using the level 100, Run Hellfire Rampart until the new characters are level 63.

Level 64-68
    Using the level 100, Run Sethekk Halls until the new characters are level 68.

Level 68-77
    Using the level 100, Run The Nexus until the new characters are level 77.
    Alternately you can run Violet Hold at level 72, but the travel is time consuming, and its instance paced.

Level 78-85
    Using the level 100, Run Blackrock Caverns until the new characters are level 85.

Level 86-90
    Using the level 100, Run Temple of the Jade Serpent until the new characters are level 90.

Conclusion
    This is my personal routine and I use this to level several teams within a week or so and is my main strategy for leveling 88 characters, also don’t forget about all the grantable levels you will have access to after leveling a team.
    Last edited by jakel33t : 03-02-2016 at 11:03 AM

Looks good to me thanks for sharing.

It's always nice to have an update of this from time to time since new multiboxers may be looking for a route to boost their characters with.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Very solid routine, some things I do differently is 15-25 stockades since the 100 can pull entire zone very quickly, 45-58 sunken temple just park your lower levels in the middle ring so they get kill xp and I've been able to clear that place in sub 3 mins a run. I also add mana tombs in the mid 60s since exit is very close. Also, as soon as you can do gundrak, I believe its 73 or 74, I find it to be the best xp/hr at the lvl. Take it all the way to 80, small dungeon 6-8min clear time, and exit very close.

Blog Entries

Thanks for this, I've been making a few minor tweaks personally. Notably I hit up Forge of Souls at 75 to grab Papa Hummels' Bag for my minions and the XP is not bad at all.

Right now I'm just levelling alts to fill out the requirements for Stay Classy and this has been a BIG help.
    My Blog: SRS Business

This method still pretty much the best? Any feedback on party location while boosting these zones? My guys died a few times trying to do SM cause they were following me and aggrod something I didnt see.

I tried it. I brought in my 100 hunter with a bunch of 60ish DKs. I found that using my RAF bonus levels to boost a paladin to 60 then just have her heal the instance was comparable or possibly quicker xp, and it made it so it wasn't boring.

That was this morning, and they're level 84 now.

Blog Entries

One thing you need to know when boosting with a method like this kalos72, is the minions need to do like Carl on the Walking Dead... Stay in the house, the adults are killing things.

With Scarlet Monastery for example, you can clear the instance in a handful of pulls. So, move your team and park them in key locations, then move your tank out to clear trash/bosses. I smell a video tutorial on the horizon.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Nice! I used a more complicated route just to avoid boredom when I was leveling most of my teams months ago, but now that I'm leveling my last 2 characters, this is much faster. Since I'm Horde and I'm using a lvl 100 mage, Sunken Temple is really easy to get (Portal to Stonard).
    One thing to remember is to buy and equip your faction's main city tabard, so you can get the riding skills at discounted price

Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip about being able to get into Forge before level 80