Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27

When I boost RAF toons this is the format that I usually follow as it works best for me:

1 - 10: Questing

Horde:

10 - 21: Ragefire Chasm
    21 - 35: Scarlett Halls

Alliance:

10 - 20: Deadmines
    20 - 25: Stockades
    25 - 35: RFK

Both Alliance and Horde:

35 - 45: RFD
    45 - 60: Sunken Temple
    60 - 68: Blood Furnace
    68 - 77: Nexus
    77 - 85: Blackrock Caverns
    85 - 90: Temple of the Jade Serpent

From 90 I went to bloodslag mines instances (horde starting area). The first run I parked my toons at the start of the entrance then stealth either my rogue or feral Druid to bosses and kill them.

At at the last boss I would take the potion that gives me 300% Xpoff plus the 20 % xp from the garrisons resources. Kill the boss. My alt would run out log off.

My my would get naked and run into to the lava, die and start at the beginning of the instance. (Very little cost in repairs, not sure why)

reset! Do it again but this time, I won't log in with my ALTS till the I get to the last boss.

The stealths were good I could just go to the boss without killing all the trash.

Maybe when ur at 110 it should be a breeze?

At 105 I went to Auchindoun. did the same again.

At level 99 I went to Nagrand and flew around getting treasures.

I stopped boxing in MoP so I have a bunch of toons in the 80's on accounts 4 and 5 that I need to get 100 (non-RAF) so I'm hoping someone can clarify a couple things before I start putting together teams and start the dungeon grind.

If I make a level 80 the leader can I Q for LFD if I have 2x80 and 3x100 to 110? I had hoped that as long as I filled all the class roles that this would avoid the travel time sink.

If I can do the above is there an experience downside with the higher level characters in the group?

No, you can only queue if they are within a few levels of each other. My level 80 priest could queue with my level 84 priests but could not queue with my level 90 druids. There may also be breakpoints where you can't queue even though you are within a level or two of each other but I haven't tried that in a while to confirm.

[edit] Confirmed. Tried to queue my level 82 priest with my level 90 monks. When queueing from the 82: "You cannot queue: player2's level is too high." When queueing from the 90: "Player1 must have a higher gear level; Player1 must advance to a higher level."

[edit2] Also confirmed with my 84 DK.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 09-20-2016 at 04:04 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Do you stay in spawn with slaves or do they follow the booster?

Blog Entries

Generally for boosting, I would have the slaves near zone in.
    Then run the higher level guy to whatever point is good -- have to experiment a little, to find a sweet spot where the pissed off mobs will continue to chase you, and you can survive getting to the zone in.

There is both a range in which your booster can survive running the mobs back to near the slaves...
    And a range from the slaves, in which they get experience for your kills.
    If you can park them at zone in, and kill the far end of the zone, and they still get experience, then there is no need to move them at all.

I'd imagine with higher toons and better gear, the sweet spot is deeper into the instance with each expansion.
    The most recent time I did RAF, the booster was a level 70, and could die in level 50+ dungeons with even just half of the dungeon.

Run the mobs most of the way to the slaves.
    Kill the mobs.

Use follow to get the slaves most of the way to the previous sweet spot.
    Take the main to the next sweet spot, aggro stuff and then run almost to the slaves.

A tanking class, with an AoE power, is the ideal booster.
    Up to a point, any class with AoE can boost.
    Faster run speeds are a bonus.
    Dungeon Finder is nice, in that you can park the slaves in a non-contested zone, and just warp right into the dungeon; PvP rocks once you've got your levels, but when you're grinding RAF it can be a nuisance.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 10-15-2016 at 12:39 PM
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    PvP rocks once you've got your levels, but when you're grinding RAF it can be a nuisance.
    Transfer your booster to a safe realm, transfer back once done, or leave there for future use. Groups are based on whichever realm has the most of the highest level in group. Ties are broken by lower level characters, but the booster should always set the realm as it's the only character at it's level.

With the amount put into running multiple accounts, it's a fairly small expense to secure a booster on a safe server.
    Last edited by Sservis : 10-17-2016 at 02:59 PM