Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default WoD Account Creation/Upgrade Strategy

Hey all,

Its been awhile but I am back and want to setup another set of accounts to 5 man with before Legion.

There used to be a guide to the best way to efficiently purchase, level and upgrade accounts. Like do I buy the start accounts, level to 60, upgrade, level and so on?

Is there one box that gives me everything to WoD? Is it better to get the smaller boxes and upgrade as I go?

How does RAF play into this?

Thanks, as always, for your guidance!

The Battlechest includes the base game as well as all of the prior, non-current expansions—Blizzard has been merging prior expansions into the Battlechest since Wrath of the Lich King, although these days it happens as soon as the next expansion releases, whereas it used to happen much, much slower. So, there is no upgrading or anything like that until you reach the starting level of the current expansion (currently Warlords of Draenor).

Now, I don't know what you already know about RaF, and rather than type everything out trying to figure out what you may or may not know at this point, I'm just going to link you to Blizzard's site. If you have any questions about what you see on that page, then feel free to ask, and I'm sure there will be another person or two who may chime in.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

OK fair enough, do I put the new accounts on the same Bnet or does each of the new ones need a new bnet/email/name/address and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by kalos72 View Post
    OK fair enough, do I put the new accounts on the same Bnet or does each of the new ones need a new bnet/email/name/address and the like?
    If you want to share account-wide things (e.g. mounts, heirlooms, authenticator, etc) across all of your characters then you would want them on the same BNet account. If you want to buy game time through WoW tokens (and only WoW tokens), then you should separate them.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

So RAF will work on the same Bnet? Also, for safety sakes, will my primary account be safe should someone report my other 4 accounts? I understand boxing is legal but it still gets reported and suspended from time to time and I do not want to rick my primary account.

Also, if its separate Bnets, do I need to use "created" names/emails and such?

So RAF will work on the same Bnet?
    Yes, it always has.

Also, for safety sakes, will my primary account be safe should someone report my other 4 accounts? I understand boxing is legal but it still gets reported and suspended from time to time and I do not want to rick my primary account.
    I think you have a better chance at winning money from the lottery than you do getting wrongly suspended from the game due to a mistake from a GM while you were legitimately multiboxing. I don't know the answer to your question, but the chances of that happening are so incredibly low it's not even something that anyone would worry about. That, and the fact that Blizzard doesn't outright ban you, so you're not going to lose your account unless you're a constant repeat offender, which isn't going to be due to the GMs constantly making mistakes over and over again.

Also, simply being reported by a jealous or uneducated player doesn't mean any action what-so-ever is going to be taken against your account.

Also, if its separate Bnets, do I need to use "created" names/emails and such?
    I don't understand... What do you mean by "created?" If you're asking whether or not the e-mail addresses that you use need to be real, active e-mail accounts, then yes. Blizzard sends you verification e-mails when you first sign up, and whenever they believe you have suspicious activity on your account (e.g. password resets, etc.).

Blog Entries

One thing I've noticed recently, if you buy the Battlechest it's $20.

If you have a Trial account and use the upgrade option at login, it's $10. I thought it was a Christmas only deal, but it worked as recently as three weeks ago. Good way to save some cash.
    My Blog: SRS Business

I just tried that, have an old starter account. But when I hit the upgrade button it sent me to the same Blizz page for the $20 boxed set.

Also, can I use my original email address or should I change that as well?

Ignore this...it took a few hours.
    Last edited by kalos72 : 02-26-2016 at 09:40 AM

I just tried that, have an old starter account. But when I hit the upgrade button it sent me to the same Blizz page for the $20 boxed set.
    This needs to be done through the game client, you need to have already created a character on your trial account, and when you log into the game client the server with the existing character must be loaded into. At that point you'll see a big pop-up box telling you to upgrade for 50% off, and following that link will take you to a BNet sign-in page where you'll then be directed to a store link for a $10 Battlechest.

To make sure this was still working, I tried it again before replying. Sorry it took so long for me to test it since it seems like you've already paid the full $20.

EDIT: Proof
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-26-2016 at 02:40 PM