Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Heirlooms & Splitting Battle.Net Accounts

I have 2 battle.net accounts, both with all heirlooms & 5 WoW accounts on each. I'd like to get each of those WoW accounts split onto their own battle.net account - I know this is possible (albeit somewhat annoying) to get done.

What I'd like to know is: will heirlooms transfer over to the new accounts, or will they only be on the main account? Achievements? I'm assuming not, but just curious.

For what it's worth, I'd be trying to do this so that I can pay for all 10 subscriptions with gold and not worry about running afoul of the 36 tokens/24 months/1 account rule.

it costs $25 for a character transfer, plus you'll need to buy 8 more games.

Personally I would just create the new battle.net accounts and start from scratch. Heirlooms are not that big of a deal.

With the money you save you'll have a month or two to level up before you'll need tokens.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 02-13-2016 at 09:03 PM

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    I have 2 battle.net accounts, both with all heirlooms & 5 WoW accounts on each. I'd like to get each of those WoW accounts split onto their own battle.net account - I know this is possible (albeit somewhat annoying) to get done.

What I'd like to know is: will heirlooms transfer over to the new accounts, or will they only be on the main account? Achievements? I'm assuming not, but just curious.

For what it's worth, I'd be trying to do this so that I can pay for all 10 subscriptions with gold and not worry about running afoul of the 36 tokens/24 months/1 account rule.
    Blizzard may or may not split the accounts for you. Most have been successful in asking, but I know of a few who have not. Their policy on this is not public, so it's anyone's guess as to why they would choose to not do so.

As for heirlooms, the only way I could imagine that they'd transfer is if you tried creating all of them and storing them in your inventory or bank to see if they carry over.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    it costs $25 for a character transfer, plus you'll need to buy 8 more games.

Personally I would just create the new battle.net accounts and start from scratch. Heirlooms are not that big of a deal.

With the money you save you'll have a month or two to level up before you'll need tokens.
    I believe she's wanting to ask Blizzard to split the accounts for her onto separate BNet accounts. The characters themselves would not be transferring anywhere, so there'd be no cost associated with it.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    As for heirlooms, the only way I could imagine that they'd transfer is if you tried creating all of them and storing them in your inventory or bank to see if they carry over.
    I found information on this part, and its a no:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...acter-transfer

You must delete heirloom items from your character's inventory before transferring it to another account.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Blizzard may or may not split the accounts for you. Most have been successful in asking, but I know of a few who have not. Their policy on this is not public, so it's anyone's guess as to why they would choose to not do so.

I believe she's wanting to ask Blizzard to split the accounts for her onto separate BNet accounts. The characters themselves would not be transferring anywhere, so there'd be no cost associated with it.
    Yup, it seems fairly inconsistent as to whether or not you will get your accounts moved. I've attempted a few times and gotten negative responses along the the lines of: "We don't do this to avoid account selling" (always good to treat all customers as cheaters by default), while a few others have had accounts moved no sweat. Hell, for person X even all of his mounts got duplicated to the new battle.net account. So he gained a free Spectral Tiger from the process. My guess is that it is down to who you get on the other end of the line. A basic customer service rep is not likely to move any accounts, but someone with a bit more experience and perhaps freedom of independent thought might just do it.

Having looms on a toon on that account might be able to sneak them through to the new Battle.net account, as this is not a character transfer but a whole account being moved so it's plausible that the system does not check the inventory. However, even if you don't get them to go through, I honestly don't think purchasing new sets is too bad with how inflated gold has become.
    Last edited by Wubsie : 02-15-2016 at 02:10 AM Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I found information on this part, and its a no:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...acter-transfer
    Yes, but that is for a character transfer—the automated process that is initiated through the website. "Un-merging" Battle.net accounts is not the same as transferring characters and requires that an actual person from Blizzard do this by hand, assuming they choose to do so in the first place. I'm not saying that they won't tell her that they can't move the heirlooms with her characters because of the restrictions on normal character transfers, but I've personally had things "break off" from my main Battle.net account and carry over to the new ones; the same as Wubsie describes below.

My guess is that they don't like to do it because it could result in exploitative behavior, but again, their policy on it is not something that is consistent or made public.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Good info, thank you all.

The other thing that comes to mind is authentication/account security - right now I have 2 authenticators, and really wouldn't want to manage 10 or more. Though I guess if I keep money on a secured account and only dole it out to the other accounts when it's time to buy and use a wow token, that would be reasonably simple to just not bother adding security.