Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 5 Man Raf

Default 5 Man Raf

Howdy all ok so I got IsBoxer set up with 2 x toons working well enough that I'm happy with it. I searched on this forum for 5 man RAF but couldn't find anything.

I am going to start 4 fresh accounts on my main battlenet account, how do I do the RAF so all 5 toons get the xp? Is it as simple as RAF from the main to one new account then from the new account to the next one and so forth?

Or is there a special way to do it to make sure all 5 get the bonus XP. My idea was to buy 4 extra MOP accounts and get 4 free 90 hunters. Then with the RAF level up 1 x hunter and 4 x druids as my main account has no Hunter but has a 100 Druid. That way I would be left with one 5 man hunter team to level from 90-100 and one 4 man druid team from 90-100 (leaving me with 2 x 5 man teams).

This is my hope, If anyone could let me know the best way to get it going I would love you forever xxoo

Blog Entries

You really have two options in this scenario. The first account we'll call the main. And the extras we'll call minions 1-4.

You can if you desire do the RAF invites for the 4 minions from the main account. That will mean that every time you level a team to 90, you'll be able to grant levels to two characters on your main account to 90. So, making a team for each tanking class means you'd be able to fill the main account with a 90 of each class. This has limitations however, summoning in particular is a pain. A character from the main account can summon a character from the minion accounts once per hour, and vice versa. But the minions cannot summon other minions. Another point is the veteran rewards, your main account will receive all of the bonus game time (4 months in this example).

The other option is to invite minion 1, use minion 1 to invite minion 2, minion 2 invites minion 3, minion 3 invites minion 4. This means you can summon in a chain (just like the way you invited the minions). It also means that veteran rewards will be spread out. So, you'll have a month of only paying for minion 5 as the other accounts will receive a free month of time from the minions. This also means that RAF levels can be a little weird as well. Basically it takes 2 characters to grant levels to max on a single character, so levelling a pair of teams will mean that Minion 5 can boost a character to 90 on Minion 4, and so on. Level another team to 90 and Minion 4 can boost a 90 to Minion 3, and so on. Basically, it creates a sort of pyramid of 90s.

Hope that helps.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Thanks Hor,

Your reply was very helpful. I think I will add them all from the main account just in case I don't end up loving multi boxing at level 100. That way the bonus characters and free time goes to my main Alright wish me luck purchasing the other 4 accounts now

Blog Entries

NP, that's actually exactly what I did. Gives me something to do if times are ever lean and I'm just running the main account for a period of time. (I also granted levels to characters on the allied server, all plate users to do Shadowmourne repeatedly. Gotta make that gold!) Good luck man, as an added bit of advice I'd recomend using Yandex.com for email on your minions. gmail is nice, but it gets silly when you're setting up multiple accounts, eventually it locks you out because it thinks you're a spammer. Yandex doesn't, it's a familiar UI and otherwise quite similar to gmail in general.
    My Blog: SRS Business

Sweet thanks again. Bought the accounts and have started with my 5 druids

I'm actually going to make a new video about this because it's been asked quite a bit with replies scattered throughout the forum. There are several different ways to approach recruitment, and while I'm late to this thread, I outline some of them in a very old video.

Quote Originally Posted by Hor View Post
    I'd recomend using Yandex.com for email on your minions. gmail is nice, but it gets silly when you're setting up multiple accounts, eventually it locks you out because it thinks you're a spammer. Yandex doesn't, it's a familiar UI and otherwise quite similar to gmail in general.
    Just an FYI, but you only need one GMail account because you can use aliases.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-13-2016 at 10:29 PM
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'm actually going to make a new video about this because it's been asked quite a bit with replies scattered throughout the forum. There are several different ways to approach recruitment, and while I'm late to this thread, I outline some of them in a very old video.

Just an FYI, but you only need one GMail account because you can use aliases.
    Thanks MiRai,

I added the 4 accounts on my mains battlenet so I did not need any other emails thank god so no making 4 new emails for me. I went with adding them all from the main account pretty much for the reasons stated above. It seems to be working well atm. I tried to run some dungeons at level 15 by changing one druid to bear and one to resto. I was able to run it pretty successfully with one button macros for ST and AOE for the most part depending on the dungeon. But I only tried them once for the quests then ill go back to questing I think.

Ok I was bored at work so I thought I would ask the question. I bought the 4 MOP expansions this morning and boosted my 4 hunters on the new accounts to level 90. I started with 5 Druids and got them to level 30 already in no time, but I wanted to ask some confusing questions about the RAF grantable levels.

1) If I level 5 druids I want to grant levels to my hunter on the main account to give me 5 hunters at 90. I understand I get 42 grantable levels for every 85 toon on the new accounts back to my veteran account. Do I also get 42 grantable levels on my main account to my main account (from the 5th Druid I leveled?).
    2) I'm assuming If I have a level 90 character granting the bonus levels I can only get the hunter to level 89? If so does the xp carry over? In other words if I level the hunter to 95% xp then boost him to 89 then I will only have 5% xp to get to 90?

Sorry to the ask so many questions have never used RAF before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    1) If I level 5 druids I want to grant levels to my hunter on the main account to give me 5 hunters at 90. I understand I get 42 grantable levels for every 85 toon on the new accounts back to my veteran account. Do I also get 42 grantable levels on my main account to my main account (from the 5th Druid I leveled?).
    I'm not entirely sure that I understand the part in bold, but... Your main account can't grant any levels because it has no 'veteran' account to grant to.

Also, RaF currently works until level 90. I'm just pointing that out because you say 85/42, when these days it's 90/45. However, I'm not entirely sure it's 45 because back in Cataclysm when RaF went to 80, I don't believe we got a level grant from 80, so it was 80/39. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    2) I'm assuming If I have a level 90 character granting the bonus levels I can only get the hunter to level 89? If so does the xp carry over? In other words if I level the hunter to 95% xp then boost him to 89 then I will only have 5% xp to get to 90?
    Yes, the experience is carried over after the level has been granted.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    I'm not entirely sure that I understand the part in bold, but... Your main account can't grant any levels because it has no 'veteran' account to grant to.

Also, RaF currently works until level 90. I'm just pointing that out because you say 85/42, when these days it's 90/45. However, I'm not entirely sure it's 45 because back in Cataclysm when RaF went to 80, I don't believe we got a level grant from 80, so it was 80/39. /shrug

Yes, the experience is carried over after the level has been granted.
    Thanks MiRai that clears it up. What I meant was I'm boxing 5 druids so would the 5th druid on my veteran account able to grant levels but it looks like you answered that. It didn't know it now went to 90 that's nice , so for my 5 man druid team I can use the 4 druids on the RAF accounts to grant 2 x 89's on my veteran account?

I think I'm understanding that right lol. Good news on the xp carrying over, my hunter that I want to grant levels too is 99%