Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default characters following a ghost

So I move my A toon character and one toon follows and the others as they do "follow" they are following my A character in a location that he isn't in, perhaps a previous location, but not where he is. Tried reload ui that didn't help, no idea what it could be. I know its probably a game issue, but can't wrap my head around it, let me know if you guys have any ideas

Hmm ok, i think i fixed it. I had DX11 on and before it would run slow in 5 windows. though recently its been fine, changed my CPU setting to all CPU's per acct. SOOOOO, I changed back to DX9 now and so far haven't had an issue.

In my experience, that's either the game client getting starved for resources (sounds like you confirmed that to be a big part of it) or I'm experiencing high latency. Typically, the latter is a large contributor to "runaways" where one or more toons will just start heading off into the hills unless you hit your /follow key again.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Sometimes when I am playing one of my toons shows out of range and cant be healed, even though I can see them sitting right there. Its always during busy times and I just assumed its lag on blizzards side.

Sounds about like what OP had. I am using DX11 but I did not switch to fix it I just live with it happening every once in awhile.

yeah was weird but seems to be fine now. What really bugs me is the IWT and CTM sometimes makes my guys run in different directions when i'm hitting my dps keys, thats the game though, has always happened. Either way, the later problem has not happened since changing to DX9. And it wasn't the first time its happened either, there has been a few other times my toons think theyre following a ghost when my main toon is way ahead or what not.