Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default My Potato is a Potato.

Hello everyone!

Frequent lurker in need of some advice on my potato PC!
    Ive been dreading this moment for a long time.
    So if this doesn't end with me in tears ill be happy.

Im currently multiboxing 9 accounts on Eve Online (running low specs)
    I get some spikes of low fps every now and then, but im used to it now so im not bothered too much about that problem.
    I am really worried about if it would survive if i expand my setup to 12(or higher).

Current specs are as follows:
    16gb ram (4x4)
    i7-2600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    I run 3monitors on that gpu (i know...) 2x 27" and 1x 24"
    1 external crap gpu for a 15" monitor thats been with me for 14years (its amazing its still alive).
    Game and OS loading from a 120gb SSD
    1tb second harddrive for almost everything else i play.

So now to what my fear is about, the current situation and what im seeking some advice towards.
    Currently with 9 running with just some chromestuffs/testing streaming and whatnots, CPU shifts between 60% up to 90%
    My 16gb ram is barely keeping up with this, depending on what i have up other onto of all clients its running at 13-15gb
    In Isboxer im limiting fps on mainwindow to 30fps / everything in background 20fps.
    Ill add a screen of the whole thing loaded when i come back home in a few hours.

I dont know how to check how the gpu is manageing so that might also be a whole new bottleneck...
    Any advice on what i could change fairly cheap or perhaps its just best to let the potato die?

If I missed any crucial information please do point it out :/

//Yours forever a potato in this forum - Eckhe

You try dropping background window FPS from 20 to 12? In my experience, anything lower than that starts causing input issues but the lower it is, the better.

[edit] Typing from phone while still waking up = BAD.
    Last edited by Ughmahedhurtz : 02-05-2016 at 11:20 PM
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhe View Post
    Im currently multiboxing 9 accounts on Eve Online (running low specs)
    I get some spikes of low fps every now and then, but im used to it now so im not bothered too much about that problem.
    I am really worried about if it would survive if i expand my setup to 12(or higher).
    You've pretty much answered this yourself...

Currently with 9 running with just some chromestuffs/testing streaming and whatnots, CPU shifts between 60% up to 90%
    My 16gb ram is barely keeping up with this, depending on what i have up other onto of all clients its running at 13-15gb
    I don't know how you'd be able to expand if you're already sitting at 90% in some areas.

I dont know how to check how the gpu is manageing so that might also be a whole new bottleneck...
    I'd use GPU-Z or HWiNFO for that.

Any advice on what i could change fairly cheap or perhaps its just best to let the potato die?
    Well, you don't have to let it die as it's meeting your current need, but you can't just upgrade one thing on the machine and expect it to be good since you have multiple bottlenecks. You can increase the RAM, but you can't just swap out the CPU without changing out the motherboard, and if you go with the latest and greatest, then you can't re-use your RAM. We also don't know if the GPU is sitting at a high load or not.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology