Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Lightbulb Jamba - Currency feedback

really really need your feedback on this one

so am thinking about moving the Currency to the new tool tip as you can see form the Screenshot below you can not pick your Currency from the blizzard in game Currency tab this means that it will always work when blizzard adds new Currency in patches or older stuff i choice to remove because the list is getting to big this would work without any update as well to patch like the current system.

Did you know? to add a new Currency to the current system it takes like 20 lines of code and its so easy to mass up (as you seen a few times) this way its using all in-game API and pulls the information what it needs i think it looks cleaner and its show what you need when you need it and you don't need to go though such a long list. its a very messy system at the back end i find.

A bit of information on how it works you pick what Currency you like on each toon you just click the back-bag button if you don't have any picked it will not show any each toon will have its own so you only need to show what you like on the char so ToonA: can show honor ToonB: can show conquest and nothing on ToonC i hope you understand what am thinking here and how much easy this could it.

My choice to change this is because i feel blizzard are using Currency a lot more then when the system was 1st put into place. and it should be easier to update and i don't have to make the choice what i feel we need to show or you can pick.

if i can have a few mins of your time to do this poll (as the forums not got one) or even better some feedback in the post

http://strawpoll.me/6728678

jennifer xxx
    Last edited by ebony : 02-04-2016 at 06:53 PM

i like the hidden part with currencies. Its not an info I need to see all the time so the mouseover is a big thumbs up from me.
    22 x 5-toon teams on Silvermoon EU

Quote Originally Posted by sparvath View Post
    i like the hidden part with currencies. Its not an info I need to see all the time so the mouseover is a big thumbs up from me.
    thanks this is why i do it i like to keep a clean ui with a hole box for some information i only need now and again. and with more stuff to keep a eye on in legion artifact weapon that you level up it be something you want to keep a eye on your clones and the hole point of jamba is to not always go to the other window to see simple stuff.

anyway ill add it to a beta release soon so everyone can have a play with it and see what you think. av not had time to make any settings clean up the code.

so after a lot off feedback (not here... but anyway)

am keeping the old currency system but i updated the code so no longer i will need to patch and edit loads of lines of text to change currency's or though i will be changing defaults at the start of xpac the system can be set in the older you like.

sorry for bumping the topic but i wonted to show the new even better way

and a little update to the tooltip that will be staying if you wonnted to go down that route

Last edited by ebony : 03-14-2016 at 12:52 AM

Yeah these forums are rather.. slow >_> so I don't check often.
    But I love how you have decided to go with it. Looks great.

so after a long think about this and talking to a few players twitch steamers or ingame players. (thats been using the beta build)

Going to wowhead other sites to get the ID for Currency seemed not the best plan. was very easy to mass up as well.

I need to think off the way for users to add what they wonted the new code is a lot better then before then it was with adding Currency's by hand to the LONG list that you could pick it was not the best way of dealing with stuff. the icon then text [HP] i feel is a lot easier to understand.

So i looked at doing a drop down and this is it!!!!!

Now i don't think it could be any better then this right? you the user can pick your Currency you want to see! You can show them in the order you want. not the way its set out in the code i love the new freedom of this... and can not wait for users to get a new feel for it!

PS:

If you wonted to add your own Currency that is not in the list its very easy or though you need to be able to open the file in word pad and at the top of the file just add the CurrencyID and reload ui and all done it should show on the Drop Down box!

This will be new for legion.

I don't really use the currency as I only play 2 toons at any one time.

I think this way of displaying them is good. Easily customizable, simplistic. I do think everyone will be able to recognize the icons of the currencies they consider important enough to track, so this is easily clear enough of a display of each currency. Nice work, Ebs. ^^