Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default 4x Crusaders 70+ GR (Season 5) w/LoN build - fast and fun

Hey Guys,
    I realize this isn't record setting by any means, but for ME it's awesome - so I'm pretty happy. After trying out countless specs and tweaks I finally managed to one-shot 68,69,70 GRs - with time to spare on my 4x Crusaders.

Thanks to Devile, Shodokan and other posters for posting some really good tips that I almost certainly ripped off. No way I would have got this far without them.

As a reminder, LoN (Legacy of Nightmares) builds are the ones where you only use 2 set rings (Wailing host and Litany) that give you 100% damage per ancient item equipt, and 4% damage reduction. You can't have any other set bonuses in play at all. You can wear 1 set piece, but not 2 of the same set etc...

First off, this spec is fun as hell. You basically get 100% uptime on your horse, so you go 150% speed through bounties, N. Rifts, and anything TX. So you farm SUPER fast, it's nuts. It makes the old WW barb look slow.

Like Devile said in a previous post, LoN is a bitch to gear for. But you don't need all ancient gear. You can start with ~6 pieces to get a feel for the build and you'll gear up pretty quickly. Remember, to keep all your ancient gear that drops if you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing. Also make sure to spread the gear among your team.

With this build, you are going for CDR, All Resists, VIT, STR, Thorns, Area Damage. bombardment damage, physical damage. Attack speed doesn't matter (unlike invoker build).

I don't have all ancient items - or even the optimal gear in my pants slot, or the right gloves and hellfires on 1/2 of my team. I don't have any augmented items at all. I decided to go with the swiftmount on my weapon, just because the 100% uptime on horse is awesome.

All my guys are very similar to my main, except the rest are running
    "Laws of Hope" -> "Hopeful Cry" - which spawns a tons of health globes all over the place. Very Handy when waiting for CoE to come around to physical.

Main:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329804

Alts:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/71329807
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329806
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329805

I'll try and post a video tonight.

-Kicksome
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    Hey Guys,
    I realize this isn't record setting by any means, but for ME it's awesome - so I'm pretty happy. After trying out countless specs and tweaks I finally managed to one-shot 68,69,70 GRs - with time to spare on my 4x Crusaders.

Thanks to Devile, Shodokan and other posters for posting some really good tips that I almost certainly ripped off. No way I would have got this far without them.

As a reminder, LoN (Legacy of Nightmares) builds are the ones where you only use 2 set rings (Wailing host and Litany) that give you 100% damage per ancient item equipt, and 4% damage reduction. You can't have any other set bonuses in play at all. You can wear 1 set piece, but not 2 of the same set etc...

First off, this spec is fun as hell. You basically get 100% uptime on your horse, so you go 150% speed through bounties, N. Rifts, and anything TX. So you farm SUPER fast, it's nuts. It makes the old WW barb look slow.

Like Devile said in a previous post, LoN is a bitch to gear for. But you don't need all ancient gear. You can start with ~6 pieces to get a feel for the build and you'll gear up pretty quickly. Remember, to keep all your ancient gear that drops if you aren't 100% sure of what you're doing. Also make sure to spread the gear among your team.

With this build, you are going for CDR, All Resists, VIT, STR, Thorns, Area Damage. bombardment damage, physical damage. Attack speed doesn't matter (unlike invoker build).

I don't have all ancient items - or even the optimal gear in my pants slot, or the right gloves and hellfires on 1/2 of my team. I don't have any augmented items at all. I decided to go with the swiftmount on my weapon, just because the 100% uptime on horse is awesome.

All my guys are very similar to my main, except the rest are running
    "Laws of Hope" -> "Hopeful Cry" - which spawns a tons of health globes all over the place. Very Handy when waiting for CoE to come around to physical.

Main:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329804

Alts:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/S.../hero/71329807
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329806
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K.../hero/71329805

I'll try and post a video tonight.

-Kicksome
    As an aside you can also try the 100% perma horsie phalanx build for even easier farming of bounties and sub 70 rifts. But that is also LoN and MUCH harder to gear for since you need crit + crit damage + cdr for akarat's.

The build in general is very fun (i play a solo one while gearing up the others, just easier for me) but I also mostly play to have a 4th person in party who wants to gear up quickly for any class so I do things a bit differently when it comes to optimizing.

Also for your future Lidless walls if you get them... thorns isn't as important as % phys. Other than that your best option is thorns + CDR + bombardment damage (only avail on crus shields). On top of that bomb% on your shoulders (with cdr of course) and on your chest are going to give you more damage than 9,000 thorns because of how the augments and paragon levels will eventually give you far more damage than the 9k thorns via the bombardment scaling.

For anyone looking to play this build using deaths breaths to obtain your shield and swiftmounts are the fastest routes to get a good ancient one.

This setup is easily capable of completing mid 80s relatively quickly once you augment your gear and such. Great spec and one of the most fast paced builds in the game IMO. (LoN Bomb)

LoN Bomb or Phalanx are by far the fastest key farming specs in the game though.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 02-04-2016 at 08:48 PM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Awesome, thanks Shodokan.

So would you guys go for an ancient piece with bombardment damage, or a non-ancient piece without it? I'm not sure what scales better. Assuming I have 12/13 ancients and no augments.

e.g. I have an ancient heart of iron, but had to roll "fall sword" to "3 sockets".

Name:  ancient.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  154.4 KB
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Awesome, thanks Shodokan.

So would you guys go for an ancient piece with bombardment damage, or a non-ancient piece without it? I'm not sure what scales better. Assuming I have 12/13 ancients and no augments.

e.g. I have an ancient heart of iron, but had to roll "fall sword" to "3 sockets".

Name:  ancient.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  154.4 KB
    The evaluation for chest is

Ancient aquila with bomb + thorns > ancient HoI with bomb > Ancient Aquila + Bomb > Ancient HoI no bomb

100% damage multiplier is too much to give up for 15% multiplier... On top of that your HoI is PERFECT for the affix.

The only item slot you might even consider not going ancient for (until last) is the belt slot because 6 second bomb is more important than ancientness. Ancient 8 second < Non ancient 6 second.

The stat priority for LoN Bomb in general is.

CDR to 63% > bomb damage/Phys Damage > Thorns > Area Damage > STR > Vit/All Res

Ideal/Best in Slot setup would be:
    Leorics: STR/Vit/All res with thorns secondary
    Hellfire amulet: cdr, str, phys% with one of your desired passives and if you are greedy... thorns secondary
    LoN Rings: area damage, str, cdr, thorns secondary
    Illusory boots: STR, Vit, All res, Thorns secondary
    St. Arch gloves: Area damage, CDR, Vit, STR, Thorns secondary
    Invoker's Shoulders: CDR, Bombardment, Area Damage since they roll with baseline thorns
    Belt of the trove: 6 seconds, STR, Vit, All Res, Thorns secondary
    Lidless Wall shield: phys%, CDR, STR, thorns secondary
    Doombringer weapon with CDR, STR, Area Damage, Vitality OR Swiftmount with CDR, STR, Area Damage, Vitality.
    Aquila Chest: STR, VIT, Bomb %, Thorns secondary, 3 sockets
    Hexing Pants: STR, VIT, All Res, Thorns secondary, 2 sockets
    Last edited by Shodokan : 02-05-2016 at 06:36 PM

Thanks Shodokan!

That's really helpful stuff.

I'm just a hair off the 63% CDR, at like 62.5% - damn.

I'm still farming the ancient Illusory vboots - I have 2/4.

A - question on the shield. The Act 2 shield seems pretty damn good from a defense standpoint.

I saw a video from Alkaizer - and right here is when he mentions the Act 2 shield is pretty bad-ass, especially with hold your ground passive. https://youtu.be/Fd65w3iC_90?t=295

I just happend to get 3x of the Acient Leg. Shields, so I started using those. Haven't actually tried them aside from speed farming.

Name:  shield1.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  125.2 KB
    Last edited by Kicksome : 02-06-2016 at 02:13 PM Reason: added pic of shield

Thanks Shodokan!

That's really helpful stuff.

I'm just a hair off the 63% CDR, at like 62.5% - damn.

I'm still farming the ancient Illusory vboots - I have 2/4.

A - question on the shield. The Act 2 shield seems pretty damn good from a defense standpoint.

I saw a video from Alkaizer - and right here is when he mentions the Act 2 shield is pretty bad-ass, especially with hold your ground passive. https://youtu.be/Fd65w3iC_90?t=295

I just happend to get 3x of the Acient Leg. Shields, so I started using those. Haven't actually tried them aside from speed farming.

Name:  shield1.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  125.2 KB
    That shield is fine.

Getting that type of shield or any crus shield with CDR + Area + thorns + bomb is going to be INCREDIBLY hard which is why i didn't list it. But its a good shield, better for builds with extremely high block.

The best way to get any specific item legendary is to use bounty mats... so i suggest doing that to get your illusory boots done.

so I got this build sort of started, most of my team is 8-10 piece ancient. It's nice because you zip around everywhere but it's just weird how the "fighting" works. You sort of just run around waiting for bombardments while your horse does some damage.
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay View Post
    so I got this build sort of started, most of my team is 8-10 piece ancient. It's nice because you zip around everywhere but it's just weird how the "fighting" works. You sort of just run around waiting for bombardments while your horse does some damage.
    Once you get 13/13 you can actually tone down the difficulty if you wish to farm GR keys much quicker by just getting on your pony and running through everything, its more efficient to do this on t8 then doing t10 as far as keys/hour. But at very high end you are basically just going to hard cast on COE proc with cooldowns up and kite the rest of the time. Till about GR60 you can just use it when ever. I'd honestly suggest to anyone looking to do higher GRS to add in a barbarian support as the 50% DR perma is quite amazing but you then lose your ability to reliably pony for damage.

Also when speed farming drop mortal drama in cube and use in-geom.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 02-08-2016 at 05:01 PM

Isnt it horribly difficult to keep such a speed build in sync?

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin View Post
    Isnt it horribly difficult to keep such a speed build in sync?
    Unlike teleport/vault/charge your movement is based on your actual character movement and not a skill in which the game moves you to another position. Theres the chance you will get stuck on a rock or something somehow in some of the maps but overall its not really probable with illusory boots allowing you to keep sync through mobs. Its the exact same sync as if you are running around with a speed pylon.