Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Ability pruning and multiboxing.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to get back into boxing for legion mainly for dungeons and maybe raiding. I know many people are claiming that ability pruning could perhaps be a bad thing for many players making the classes easier to play, but perhaps this will make it easier to multibox some encounters!

I was just wondering what everyone's opinion on this was!

I am fine with the "pruning" I have read about. The removal of alot of the self healing, CC and defensive cds is welcomed from me.

From what I had read before (but have no link to, at the moment), it would seem that that they're removing a lot of proc-based stuff and other abilities that have a very niche area in gameplay. This, I would assume, would most likely make it easier to maximize our DPS as multiboxers. As for whether or not it's going to make encounters easier, well that would depend on how skilled the multiboxer is at controlling the classes they're using.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

i have been massing about and it seems a lot easy to make a simple one button marcio for dps. less UI watching more watching the game.

I get the sense that pruning is either A) For later release of the same old, same old or B) a radical move towards a more engaging combat system ( Tera / Dark Souls sort of thing ).

It seems unlikely that B is the answer. Probably A with the developers crying out that they need the game simplified for balancing purposes.

For us obviously B would be the end of multiboxing.

so.... its more like Vanilla/BC/WotLK... lol. How many times do they feel the need to radically change the game to get it right?
    EVE Online Get Ships. Train Skills.

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    so.... its more like Vanilla/BC/WotLK... lol. How many times do they feel the need to radically change the game to get it right?
    I suspect it's less about corrections per se as much as trying to keep things "new" for players.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by MadMilitia View Post
    I get the sense that pruning is either A) For later release of the same old, same old or B) a radical move towards a more engaging combat system ( Tera / Dark Souls sort of thing ).

It seems unlikely that B is the answer. Probably A with the developers crying out that they need the game simplified for balancing purposes.

For us obviously B would be the end of multiboxing.
    People have dealt with complex rotations in the past, and they'll do it again in the future, if need be. Unless you're referring to the fact that TERA and Dark Souls don't have lock-on targeting...? If that's what you're referring to, then Blizzard isn't going to change the combat system of the entire game (Why would they do that?).

Quote Originally Posted by EaTCarbS View Post
    I would agree with Ugh and say that they keep changing things to keep them feeling fresh, but at this point, it's (for me) becoming quite an annoyance, and it almost feels as if Blizzard has no idea what they want to do with these classes.
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-06-2016 at 02:23 AM Reason: Split Topic
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    People have dealt with complex rotations in the past, and they'll do it again in the future, if need be. Unless you're referring to the fact that TERA and Dark Souls don't have lock-on targeting...? If that's what you're referring to, then Blizzard isn't going to change the combat system of the entire game (Why would they do that?).

well his right blizzard has not changed anything like that in legion still have to target what you want to fight. i don't feel they will and to be fair this is been wow forever.

I would agree with Ugh and say that they keep changing things to keep them feeling fresh, but at this point, it's (for me) becoming quite an annoyance, and it almost feels as if Blizzard has no idea what they want to do with these classes.

i hate and love new changes but i have to say what i played on beta seems a lot easier. and i got a boomkins more of less set as a one button in game marcio
    Last edited by MiRai : 02-06-2016 at 02:23 AM Reason: Split Topic

I'm interested in the boomkin macro if you don't mind sharing it.