Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 25

Threaded View

Default Console Variables for Video Settings (Dragonflight)

In World of Warcraft, Blizzard gives us the ability to swap many different settings in the game with simple /slash commands, including video settings. This can be useful for players who play from different characters across different game clients on a regular basis, but who also turn down their in-game video settings on their "background" clients. By using a macro, players can simply change their video settings on the fly when moving between characters/game clients.

I've created a full walkthrough video showing how these Console Variables can potentially be used, and while the video shows how to use them using ISBoxer, this is not limited to only ISBoxer users.

If you have question about these Console Variables and how to use them, or any corrections to them, then feel free to post in this thread. If you are having trouble with something specific to the multiboxing software you are using, then please create a new thread.

FAQ _________________________________________

_How do I read the tables?
    Name of In-Game Setting Name of Console Variable (CVar) Associated with In-Game Setting
    In-Game Setting Level 1 CVar Value for In-Game Setting Level 1
    In-Game Setting Level 2 CVar Value for In-Game Setting Level 2
    In-Game Setting Level 3 CVar Value for In-Game Setting Level 3

_How do I use these values in a macro?
    /console consoleVariable value

_Am I locked into the pre-defined settings, or can I experiment with other values?
    Short Answer: You're locked in.
    Long Answer: Every setting has, at least, one CVar that defines its values in the game. Some settings have CVars (sometimes multiple) that will accept a range of values, but this guide no longer covers that outside of the groundEffectDist CVar, as it's unnecessary to fine tune values to that extent.

_Are these console variables case sensitive as you show them?
    No, they are not.

Changelog
    2016-20-07 - Everything updated for Legion
    2018-21-07 - Everything updated for Battle for Azeroth
    2020-17-10 - Shadowlands Updates
    2022-11-10 - Dragonflight Updates
    Last edited by MiRai : 11-10-2022 at 10:27 PM Reason: Dragonflight Updates
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology