Close
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 120

Enjoying this progress!
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    (...) swapping your setup to have your wizard using a build similar to the solo pushing builds in order to get more success(...)
    There seems to be a trick that top solo Wizards are using, I need to try this. They use Etched Sigil off-hand, and they sort of pop Energy Twisters when casting Arcane Torrent. I don't really see the point, maybe there is an exploit there...

And, GR76 down. Still no ancient Twisted Sword

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoidudu View Post
    There seems to be a trick that top solo Wizards are using, I need to try this. They use Etched Sigil off-hand, and they sort of pop Energy Twisters when casting Arcane Torrent. I don't really see the point, maybe there is an exploit there...

And, GR76 down. Still no ancient Twisted Sword
    The only difference is that the main twisters while channeling do not proc area damage and that the merged ones do indeed. Its not an exploit.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Here is a quick video or GR77... Quick because one box crashed @08:36, which is sad because I had a very good map on floor 2 and I could have done it.

I did so-so at floor#1 because it's hard to find place to "lock" Twisters on this map (or I don't know how to), except @02:10... Anyway, the trick is, you can't face the wall 100% of the time, you have to face the monsters for a couple of seconds every so often (so that the Monk and the Barbarian can reduce cooldowns and refresh offensive/defensive skills), and then kiss the wall again.

Still no ancient Twisted Sword, however I got an ancient Gesture of Orpheus, and rolled +20% Arcane on it, with Twisted Sword in cube that's better than nothing.

Another trick is that you don't have to focus elites, make a big pack of whites (with or without elites), kill most of them, and then move to next pack. Most of the time elites will follow and you can finish them with next pack. But really don't try to kill a single remaining yellow, it's a waste of time because you can't generate a lot of globes, so not a lot of Twisters, etc.

Also, you can't run far with this setup, because as soon as Ignore Pain fades, the Wizard or the Monk will be one-shot by any ranged. So as you move, find some whites to punch (even if you don't kill them), so that the Barbarian can reset his cooldowns, and refesh Ignore pain...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnfOF7FNaVo
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 02-13-2016 at 11:14 AM

I'd like to change the main DPS into something else (since I'll probably never get that ancient Twister Sword anyway). He needs to be a a melee DPS, preferably with aoe damage. Also he needs to use a one-click-spam skill, because using 2 skills (like the Wizard / Arcane Orb template) will not fit well in the team. And I'd like to avoid using pets because it slows creature packing for aoe DPS.

I was thinking of a WD / Firebats template... We don't see a lot of them around, but I believe it's because they are very weak. Of course with the amount of defensive skills generated by the team, it will be another matter, also he can benefit from the globe generation because of the "Gruesome Feast" passive which will permanently increase his DPS by a lot.

I'm thinking of this template, he should be able to spam Firebats with a lot of damage enhancements, including 75-100% increase from Ring of Emptiness, and Haunt + Locust Swarm + Soul Harvest used as spirit generators. Mana regeneration should be superior to mana consumption, even without Reaper's Wrap bracers, and even with "Pierce the Veil" passive.

http://www.d3planner.com/155188589

Also using a Razor Stop belt should be nice but I don't know how the damage from the explosions will be increased.

Any idea about his, or other templates ?
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 02-15-2016 at 12:59 AM

Don't think that's gonna work. HT doesn't affect LS or Haunt, so no multiplier there. Might as well ditch the skills cause they won't add much. If u go with HT, u need Garg or Dog. Garg does more damage with the Short Man Finger. If u go with LS/Haunt u either go with Arachyr, Jade or LoN and u need Quetzacoatl + Creeping Death. But those won't scale very well. HT Firebat works but only paired with pets. Also, not sure if u will get enough sustain from globes alone. U may need BBV Rain Dance tho with a 2H weapon u may not need BBV.

Currently the Highest DPS for WD is LoN Garg. That's what I'm aiming for, but 3 DPS + 1 support. Was watching FreeMartin doing speed 70s with 3x WDs while boosting 1 guy. Yeah, I know LoN x3 will take a while, but there's not much to do anyway so I'm farming T10 all day long :P Razor Strop sucks :/

I'm going for this:

http://www.d3planner.com/314633798

PS: HT Garg + Dog is ridiculously STRONG. I'm doing T10 bounties with just 1 char, leaving the other 3 in town and I one shot elites with a shitty Manajuma non ancient combo. 1.4m dps only with trash gear I had from S4. Fastest way to do bounties I've found so far.
    Last edited by Devile : 02-15-2016 at 10:51 AM

with that many fetishes out, doesn't it interfere with the dogs and gargs from doing damage?
    FFXIV - Aether - Sargatanas
    Twitch - https://twitch.tv/multidayz
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/Multidayz

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Don't think that's gonna work. HT doesn't affect LS or Haunt, so no multiplier there. Might as well ditch the skills cause they won't add much. If u go with HT, u need Garg or Dog. Garg does more damage with the Short Man Finger. If u go with LS/Haunt u either go with Arachyr, Jade or LoN and u need Quetzacoatl + Creeping Death. But those won't scale very well. HT Firebat works but only paired with pets. Also, not sure if u will get enough sustain from globes alone. U may need BBV Rain Dance tho with a 2H weapon u may not need BBV.

Currently the Highest DPS for WD is LoN Garg. That's what I'm aiming for, but 3 DPS + 1 support. Was watching FreeMartin doing speed 70s with 3x WDs while boosting 1 guy. Yeah, I know LoN x3 will take a while, but there's not much to do anyway so I'm farming T10 all day long :P Razor Strop sucks :/

I'm going for this:

http://www.d3planner.com/314633798

PS: HT Garg + Dog is ridiculously STRONG. I'm doing T10 bounties with just 1 char, leaving the other 3 in town and I one shot elites with a shitty Manajuma non ancient combo. 1.4m dps only with trash gear I had from S4. Fastest way to do bounties I've found so far.
    How long are the bounties taking you though total? Because clearing trash doesn't seem that efficient with helltooth + pets.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Don't think that's gonna work. HT doesn't affect LS or Haunt, so no multiplier there. Might as well ditch the skills cause they won't add much (...)
    I'm using LS+Haunt in this template because of the Ring of Emptiness, not because of Helltooth. What I don't know however is, can I use Haunt on a creature that is already "Haunted" by my zDPS WD...

Was watching FreeMartin doing speed 70s
    I did too. Honestly, the guy dies all the time. But still, he completes GR72-73's just like I do, maybe a little faster.

LoN x3 will take a while, but there's not much to do anyway so I'm farming T10 all day long
    Of course it will. I'm not doing this.

Razor Strop sucks :/
    I guessed so

HT Garg + Dog is ridiculously STRONG.
    Yes I noticed that too, but it doesn't fit well in my current setup. Also, at high GRs, let's say high 70's to low 80's, you can't run a team that doesn't have several damage reduction sources. And, as the saying goes "a good DPS is a DPS that stays alive"...

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    How long are the bounties taking you though total? Because clearing trash doesn't seem that efficient with helltooth + pets.
    I average 1-2min per bounty, 5-9 mins per full Act.. 30-40mins all 5 Acts. Timed 1 and did it in 36 mins. Since most of the time u are running around and not killing stuff, u gain a lot more time running as a chicken. DH is a lot faster killing stuff but u need to get to the bounty first and even spamming Vault, the chicken is way faster. U just run extremely fast, break shit while running (procs warzechian), going thru everything, even thru some doors.

And since there are more bounties where u need to look for something that is deep in the map, I take longer with my DH. Where WD is way slower is with those red portal bounties. Dog and Garg AI are retarded and they don't attack what u want. Besides that, even those bounties that require killing 150 mobs go down fast. As long as u have your dog hitting packs grouped with Piranhado and resetting your Hex cooldown to run to the next pack, there's no real issue.

Also, I dont waste time joining chars to the game to collect the bags which is annoying. With WD I just leave all 3 in town and a single WD can carry the whole party solo. I can't do that with UE DH. Ok, I can, but will be a LOT slower.