Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default Hitting a bit of a wall at GR 66 w/4x Crusaders Thorns build Season 5

So it seems like I've hit a bit of a wall. I know I'll be able to do 66, I've missing it by like 14 seconds.

I've tried a lot of stuff, tons of resist all, lots of different skills etc...

I might try and use the arcane amulet - but I need 2 more of them. Arcane is really what's killing me most of the time.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Are you running Invokers or LoN's ? I'm not playing season anymore now that I completed the extra stash tab thing, but I might come back and try LoN builds... Or maybe add a zDPS...

I did GR 62 last week, and then with upgraded gear I ended farming empowered GR60. But I haven't tried to push hard.

I'm doing invoker thorns build. I tried LoN Bombardment, but way too much running around, very hard to keep things in sync. Invoker is just tank and spank, really nice.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksome View Post
    I'm doing invoker thorns build. I tried LoN Bombardment, but way too much running around, very hard to keep things in sync. Invoker is just tank and spank, really nice.
    LoN is better in higher grifts (65-80) because of how the build works. Kiting into a pile which means you would need the a2 bounty boots on all of your characters. Do you have akarat's awakening on all of your characters? As a boxer that shield doesn't get its full bang for its buck because you aren't all going to be blocking at the same time which will fuck with your cooldowns.

I think LoN blessed shield or LoN bombardment will have the highest ceiling, friend has done a solo 80 with invokers but its only because you can get all the CD resets and such by kiting into a pile similar to the LoN style of play.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

Anyway the great advantage of multiboxing IMHO (but I know that some people here don't agree) is that you can pick whatever class you want, and then combine offensive or defensive bonus. And this is where 4x Invoker Crusaders are bad. They are just 4x the same DPS dude... What I did is run 3 different laws, and the 4th guy uses Condemn/Vaccum to gather critters, but that's a very minimal combination.

Obviously to break that wall we need to have one character replaced by another class that buffs at least 33% damage (to maintain the same overal damage), and gives extra protection. I could think of a Monk here. Or eventually a WD, however a WD offers a huge DPS buff and no direct protection (but he can incapacitate critters a lot).

I'll try various combinations during the coming weeks, and see what works.