Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Theorycrafting T10 best DB and Key farm builds (multiboxing POV)

Hey dudes, i always need more and more greater rift keys and i was wondering if could make a build/classs that is the most efficient in farming DBs and Keys. Any sugestions?

So far my fastests are DHs t10 farming under 5min with nemesis bracers. Is there any better builds/class out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Zum View Post
    Hey dudes, i always need more and more greater rift keys and i was wondering if could make a build/classs that is the most efficient in farming DBs and Keys. Any sugestions?

So far my fastests are DHs t10 farming under 5min with nemesis bracers. Is there any better builds/class out there?
    UE DH. Can throw sage on two of your dudes once you get ancient weps and just alternate who is getting extra dbs.
    Talrasha/Firebird + Wand of Woh + Orb of infinite if all 3, Talrasha + Sage + Wand/Orb if carrying with one.
    Norvald's charge + invoker + sage Crusader
    Chicken Doctor
    "one punch monk" LoN monk.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

It's hard to finish a rift under 5 minutes if you have to switch windows to grab DBs each time you kill an elite pack. But still, DHs are probably the best.

I've done my fair share of testing and by far, Wizards + support crusader beats every combination. Sure, in theory DHs are the fastest, but that's if u don't have to STOP TO LOOT 4X CHAR. If u are going to stop a few seconds every time u kill an elite pack, u need to make the most of each stop and that's Sage. There's no way on earth 33-50% more DBs is not "needed" when the goal is to maximize the amount of DBs per hour. We can make an argument about solo DBs per hour, but not when multiboxing 4x chars.

U can't really fit Sage on any DH spec, not even LoN. Besides, u have to stop to shoot stuff and its not like u can just vault all over the place like u play solo, at max speed. 1 char sure, 4x??? Not really. It's a LOT slower when u multibox 4 DHs. Been playing DHs for far too long to not know how crazy u can dsync when u vault + tactical advantage. Sure the huge AoE and 1 shot kills are amazing, but u really only care about elite packs and even if u are careful, u can't beat the clearing speed of 3x wizards at 25% + 50% (wings of angels) speed, moving thru everything, skipping all trash and just stopping to kill elites and loot. U only stop to loot 33-55% more DBs while DHs have to stop clear everything in their path to an elite pack.

Not only u move faster and thru everything, even waller, but u can fit Gloves of Worship for more efficiency. Don't get me wrong, I love DHs and that's why I'm playing them on S5, but I get a lot less DBs per hour with my DHs than with my wizard combo. I can clear a whole T10 screen with 1 click, but that doesn't matter if I need to focus only on killing elites and stopping to loot.

The only situation where DHs are superior is with Goblin Packs. With wizards I usually kill them fast but sometimes u mess up and some may escape or just make u waste time chasing them and then looting. No chance that happens with DHs. The burst damage is insane and u just slaughter them all in a few seconds.
    Last edited by Devile : 01-26-2016 at 10:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    I've done my fair share of testing and by far, Wizards + support crusader beats every combination. Sure, in theory DHs are the fastest, but that's if u don't have to STOP TO LOOT 4X CHAR. If u are going to stop a few seconds every time u kill an elite pack, u need to make the most of each stop and that's Sage. There's no way on earth 33-50% more DBs is not "needed" when the goal is to maximize the amount of DBs per hour. We can make an argument about solo DBs per hour, but not when multiboxing 4x chars.

U can't really fit Sage on any DH spec, not even LoN. Besides, u have to stop to shoot stuff and its not like u can just vault all over the place like u play solo, at max speed. 1 char sure, 4x??? Not really. It's a LOT slower when u multibox 4 DHs. Been playing DHs for far too long to not know how crazy u can dsync when u vault + tactical advantage. Sure the huge AoE and 1 shot kills are amazing, but u really only care about elite packs and even if u are careful, u can't beat the clearing speed of 3x wizards at 25% + 50% (wings of angels) speed, moving thru everything, skipping all trash and just stopping to kill elites and loot. U only stop to loot 33-55% more DBs while DHs have to stop clear everything in their path to an elite pack.

Not only u move faster and thru everything, even waller, but u can fit Gloves of Worship for more efficiency. Don't get me wrong, I love DHs and that's why I'm playing them on S5, but I get a lot less DBs per hour with my DHs than with my wizard combo. I can clear a whole T10 screen with 1 click, but that doesn't matter if I need to focus only on killing elites and stopping to loot.

The only situation where DHs are superior is with Goblin Packs. With wizards I usually kill them fast but sometimes u mess up and some may escape or just make u waste time chasing them and then looting. No chance that happens with DHs. The burst damage is insane and u just slaughter them all in a few seconds.
    DH are faster for overall clears and getting GR keys faster. Your point about vault desync just isn't the case for me and I can vault full speed in almost any map at this point after playing dh as my starting class since the beginning of season 2. On top of that I do not play 4 clients I play 3 as I enjoy playing with friends. On top of that getting the sheer amount of blue/white/yellow materials while speed farming for dbs to put the dbs to their new main use is quite difficult on multiple accounts.

Have you tried norvald's charge sage + invoker bombardment setup? If I were to do multiple clients to farm and didn't have my 3 ancient WoW I would likely use that. Not quite as potent as the akkahan's version but still strong.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 01-26-2016 at 01:12 PM

Lucky u my friend. I get rubber banding like crazy and on my best days, I just get dsync cause of objects and shit on the map so I can't just spam vault. Wish I could play 4x DHs like I do solo, but it's just not possible. As for farming, there are 3 things here: Mats, Keys and DBs.

• Mats? Who farms those these days? Unless u do a TON of crafting, which I dont see a point for, u never run out of mats. I've played exactly 79 hours on S5 and already have over 3k mats which will keep increasing without the need to farm those. Rifts, bounties, GRs and pretty much anything u do provide mats. Once u are able to do T10, u get tons and dont really run out.
    • Keys? Well sure, DHs will go thru the content pretty fast, no doubt about it. Not like other classes will be 5 times slower, but yeah, DHs are prolly the fastest, assuming u can spam vault which is a big assumption for some ppl. Again, I rather have a more consistent and faster move speed than any teleport/dash type of spell which will dsync me for sure.
    • DBs? This is what my post was all about. This is the expensive resource used for pretty much everything and u need a ton for most cube recipes. This is prolly the only thing I see worth farming (that and a few hellfire keys to get your amulets).

Now u can use a combo that is fast for GR keys and get some DBs in the process, or use a combo that is fast for DBs and get some GR keys in the process. I rather get more DBs since I run out of those WAY faster than GR keys. At least in my case, I have NEVER ran out of GR keys, but I had less than 100 DBs several times. Guess it's a matter of needs.

Haven't tried Norvald's since I'm just playing DHs on S5. Once I'm done, I may try it but to be honest, the gamestyle doesn't look that appealing to me. Still, need to test it, it might be fun after all.

Tried the Flashfire spec with a support Crusader for T10 speedfarming and bounties. Very happy with it:

For DBs I just add Sage's. It's all about consistency and with my current lag, this works very good. Map was pretty bad but still was around 5mins. Usually it takes me between 3-5 minutes just looting legendaries and RG mats. It's a lazy fun build. I'm gearing my WDs so I can try HT pet build but AoE doesn't look very promising.

http://www.d3planner.com/848995828
    http://www.d3planner.com/157678264

Pretty much everything dies on a single pass or offscreen with the Firebird's dot. Also destroys gob packs. No need for slow. They just die instantly. I u get dsync u may have problems with but if your full party is there, chances are they will all die pretty fast. U can also add more Thorns damage to the Crusader for additional dps. Wizards are squishy but still I rarely die, and if I do, the Firebirds set saves me.
    Last edited by Devile : 02-07-2016 at 04:31 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Tried the Flashfire spec with a support Crusader for T10 speedfarming and bounties. Very happy with it:

For DBs I just add Sage's. It's all about consistency and with my current lag, this works very good. Map was pretty bad but still was around 5mins. Usually it takes me between 3-5 minutes just looting legendaries and RG mats. It's a lazy fun build. I'm gearing my WDs so I can try HT pet build but AoE doesn't look very promising.

http://www.d3planner.com/848995828
    http://www.d3planner.com/157678264

Pretty much everything dies on a single pass or offscreen with the Firebird's dot. Also destroys gob packs. No need for slow. They just die instantly. I u get dsync u may have problems with but if your full party is there, chances are they will all die pretty fast. U can also add more Thorns damage to the Crusader for additional dps. Wizards are squishy but still I rarely die, and if I do, the Firebirds set saves me.
    I only have 1 set right now but for speed farming its definitely looking like LoN Phalanx Bowman crusaders will be the best. Maybe not for DB but you can do 2-3 min runs pretty consistently due to the movement speed.

Looks like, but gearing that wont be fast. Sure u can make it work with a few Ancient parts and then get the rest, but still will take a while to farm all the pieces times 4. Sadly I wont even try it until I manage to solve my lag issues. The faster I go, the more dsync I get and it's getting to the point it's unplayable :/

Nice video dude. Since I'm looking for an ancient Twister Sword, I could run such a team, but i'm lazy building it. Roughly I have 2 "farm" teams...

- 4x Crusaders/Invoker/Thorns with Goldskin, green socket in helm, level 24 Boon of the Hoarder and some items with gold find. I run this team while using puzzle rings and doing bounties (mats farming).

- 1x Crusaders/Invoker/Thorns and 3x of whatever class that requires an item that I need. DPS is high enough on that single Crusader to kill everything in TX, while the 3 other dudes are just wearing diamond gems and max Vitality from Paragon.