Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: S5 Wizard Ideas

Default S5 Wizard Ideas

I have 4 Wizards at para300. I've been doing firebirds disintegration, tweaked the first character to freeze mobs constantly with Etched Sigil and the blizzard freezing rune. Can do T9, can't do T10 as I get one shot most of the time.

Tried Vyr's Archon. Did not like having even more crap I have to keep in check. I have DMO, but that seems like way too much work to Multibox. I am working towards the In-Geom / Explosive Blast speed farming builds, but need more In-Geoms.

Anyone run wizards in 2.4, and can you share your successes and builds?

I did WD, DH and Barb in S4. Any of these do well with speed farming T10s and mid-level GRs, in case Wiz becomes too hard to box with higher tiered builds?
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

The great improvement with 2.4 is the DPS increase and, more than this, damage reduction for all classes. So, if you are dying in T10, you are doing something wrong.

I don't know what your build is, but you should have Aquila Cuirasses cubed if you can maintain your Arcane Power very high, otherwise you should find another damage reduction. Ancient Parthan Defenders are popular among Wizards (if your build can stun). Otherwise, switch your lead character to a Delsere's template, his bubble will give some damage reduction to the other characters, and it will stun, etc.

I tried 4x Firebird Wizards a long time ago and I didn't like it. Then I have been running a mix of Delsere and Tal Rasha, it was way much better.
    Last edited by Cmoidudu : 01-24-2016 at 07:55 AM

Add a support barb, problem solved. WoH + Tal Rasha + Firebirds is the best combo for T10. U can craft WoH, if not In-Geoms will do. Pure Firebirds is not good.

Try something like this if don't want a Barb:

http://www.d3planner.com/848995828

I'll try boxing DMO. I strayed because Quin said it was garbage in 4 mans.

As for the T10 Speed Build, I have NEVER had an In-Geom drop for any of my chars. I want to try that Explosive Blast build badly, but my luck is horrible. I have Wand of Woh on 2 chars, and can easily upgrade rares for the other 2, but I feel like In-Geom is absolutely necessary for that build, due to chain casting Diamond Skin for the mana cost reduction.

Going to try DMO now. Maybe Quin just doesn't understand multi-boxers

**Edit - I tried a single toon with DMO (never played single before...) in T10. He easily outdid my 4 toons dressed in Firebirds. It's a gamestyle change from simple walking up to a pack and holding down Disintegrate, but it was fun. It will be a challenge to relearn this to reduce de-syncs, but I feel like T10 will be a breeze.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by Lokked : 01-25-2016 at 03:49 AM Reason: Update
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Quote Originally Posted by Lokked View Post
    I'll try boxing DMO. I strayed because Quin said it was garbage in 4 mans.

As for the T10 Speed Build, I have NEVER had an In-Geom drop for any of my chars. I want to try that Explosive Blast build badly, but my luck is horrible. I have Wand of Woh on 2 chars, and can easily upgrade rares for the other 2, but I feel like In-Geom is absolutely necessary for that build, due to chain casting Diamond Skin for the mana cost reduction.

Going to try DMO now. Maybe Quin just doesn't understand multi-boxers

**Edit - I tried a single toon with DMO (never played single before...) in T10. He easily outdid my 4 toons dressed in Firebirds. It's a gamestyle change from simple walking up to a pack and holding down Disintegrate, but it was fun. It will be a challenge to relearn this to reduce de-syncs, but I feel like T10 will be a breeze.

Thanks all!

Been having bad luck with my wizards and havent gotten DMO for them yet. I am HATING firebirds and considering switching to Saders or DH's for the increase in speed.

If you have 1 char kitted out with DMO, the others just need 4-piece (or 3 + rorg), Halo of Arlese and Aquilla's cubed to be able to survive.

I have 3 wizards with full DMO. The 4th I spec'd Twister and the Bracer that pulls mobs in, Blizzard with the 2.5s Freeze rune and Etched Sigil so I can channel a cheap spell and those skills will be spammed for me. I also gave him the helm that gives all Slow Time runes. He is actually very helpful in managing the hordes into neatly packed bunches. This last wizard, and one of the other 3 do not have Halo and I find that they die a lot, while my other 2 seem to be able to survive anything. The 2 survivors also have Orb of the Infinite Depth and spam Explosive Blast, so the 60% reduction may also be the key. I can't tell.

Anyways, DMO is still a slower T10 farming build, for me. It's definitely harder to manage than standing around and beaming Firebirds. I have only played it for 1 hour, and I'm still getting used to my new skill layout.
    Last edited by Lokked : 01-26-2016 at 04:30 AM

Lokked