Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Rift launch issue

I have set up isboxer to box 3 copies of rift.. I am using the Glyph client.. but when the windows launch they are all stacked on top of each other rather that the usual layout I use.. any thoughts?

Edit: If I launch the character slots indivdually, then close the Glyph client myself between logins it works.. is this the way I am meant to do it due to the glyph launcher?
    Last edited by Andreauk : 01-23-2016 at 04:42 AM

I completely uninstalled the Glyph launcher from my computer. You don't need it, same as you don't need to use the battle.net launcher to get into WoW.

I have not played Rift in months, so things may have changed.

I gave up.. it feels clunky as hell in game.. I have booted up 3 copies of Wildstar and having a lot more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    I have set up isboxer to box 3 copies of rift.. I am using the Glyph client.. but when the windows launch they are all stacked on top of each other rather that the usual layout I use.. any thoughts?

Edit: If I launch the character slots indivdually, then close the Glyph client myself between logins it works.. is this the way I am meant to do it due to the glyph launcher?
    It's happening because you're re-using the same Glyph client to launch all three instances of the game. Each game you want to launch requires its own launcher.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_...ing_a_launcher

When you launch your Character Set, one launcher and game instance will be handled at a time. The second account's game launcher will open after the first one has launched the first game instance, and the first launcher has closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    I completely uninstalled the Glyph launcher from my computer. You don't need it, same as you don't need to use the battle.net launcher to get into WoW.

I have not played Rift in months, so things may have changed.
    You've never been able to launch Rift.exe directly without some sort of launcher to assist in the process. How did you go about avoiding the Glyph client?
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    You've never been able to launch Rift.exe directly without some sort of launcher to assist in the process. How did you go about avoiding the Glyph client?
    Here are instructions to get it working:
    4 Steps how to play Rift without Glyph for now:
    1- Uninstall Glyph (using Programs and Features in Control Panel)
    2- Go to Rift folder, delete ALL recently added files (change view to details and make sure you see the dates of files).
    3- Delete the Glyph folder.
    4- Go to start menu, in search, type "cmd" no quotations. Then follow the following very carefully:
    a- type "regedit" press enter
    b- accept
    c- you should now be able to edit registry in the window that just opened, open these folders in the following sequence: HKEY_CURRENT_USER>>>Software>>>Trion>>>Instance>>> Rift
    d- Delete the file called Glyph
    Now, if you run the riftpatchlive.exe launcher, game should update, then work fine without needing to even DL Glyph.

Worked for me, hope it works for you. As for playing via Glyph, I would love to, just can't. Trion, please fix this issue soon!!
    There are dozens of posts about this on Riftgame.com forum, but they are from 2014 so not sure if its still valid.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...4-7-15-pm.html

Edit: I want to add that I have not used Glyph except for the very first day I played Rift. I had so much trouble I just searched and found the workaround and never used Glyph again. I was not aware others had a problem with it.
    Last edited by JohnGabriel : 01-23-2016 at 08:51 PM Reason: added note.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGabriel View Post
    Here are instructions to get it working:

There are dozens of posts about this on Riftgame.com forum, but they are from 2014 so not sure if its still valid.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...4-7-15-pm.html

Edit: I want to add that I have not used Glyph except for the very first day I played Rift. I had so much trouble I just searched and found the workaround and never used Glyph again. I was not aware others had a problem with it.
    My point was that you're still using a launcher to launch the game, and when using any launcher through ISBoxer the launch process is the same: Start the launcher > start the game client through the launcher > close launcher > repeat process.

If you (or anyone else) are personally having issues with the Glyph client then that's your setup, and not the fact that ISBoxer doesn't work with it. I just want to make that clear since people may come across this thread and think that ISBoxer doesn't work with the Glyph client, when it does.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Right. My post was meant to find a workaround to not use Glyph, not about finding a way to get IsBoxer to work.