Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Default AutoHotKey + Jamba + 2 WoW Accounts / 1 PC

After reading a few posts here, I don't feel bad being new to multiboxing and having issues.

AutoHotKey
    I'm not having issues as much as I'm unsure on how to script some things. I have a basic script that does some of the keystrokes I normally use in WoW (0-9, WASD, IWT etc). What I'm interested in is using Shift, Alt, and I'd love to be able to broadcast ESC to the other window. I tend to use Shift 0-9 and Alt 0-9 for modifier macros. Every now and then I may accidentally open a window on the second account when I forget to suspend AutoHotKey and I'd like to be able to just ESC to close it without having to mouse over to the second monitor / account. It's just me being lazy I guess. I also have a Logitech G510 keyboard with all those macro keys off to the left, is there anyway I can have AutoHotKey broadcast those to the second account as well? To be honest, that's not exactly important, more of an "I want" than an "I need".

Jamba
    I have the latest version downloaded from Curse. As I have read elsewhere on this site I understand it's no longer supported by the original author but it's still functional. The issues I'm having are weird, so bear with me. The reasons for these issues may be related to my system setup and I'll be outlining it below. 1) When I setup Jamba and 'Push the settings' it shows as having sent them on account 1 and account 2 looks as if it's receiving them. However if I open Jamba the settings were not imported. 2) Both accounts try and set themselves up to the master, so I promote account 1 on account 2's Jamba and demote account 2 on account 1's Jamba. However, as I mentioned I need to have Jamba open on both accounts and set them up to keep the settings identical. 3) "jamba-follow strobeonme master" does not seem to function when I send the command on account 1. If I do it on account 2, 80% of the time the master (account 1) ends up strobing on the minion (account 2). When I do "jamba-follow strobeoff master" that will only turn off the strobing 50% of the time. If I fiddle with it enough I can get the master to stop following the minion, but it's a pain. It seems that even though I've manually told Jamba which is the Master (account 1) and which is the Minion (account 2) that it still thinks the roles are reversed. I've made a follow macro, but it gets annoying constantly having to mash that button.

2 Accounts / 1 PC
    Here's where things are going to sound odd, and I'm afraid this is could be where all my problems are originating from. I have the Battle.net desktop app set to allow multiple instances of the launcher. I start 2 battle.net apps each with the login for an account and then I start both accounts from their respective launcher, they still share the same WoW directory though. So while it's 2 windows open on separate monitors they're both using X:\World of Warcraft. I'm not sure if I need to run account 2 from a different WoW folder. Which means I won't be able to use the Battle.net desktop app unless I can install a second copy of that to a different folder too. Having both accounts utilizing the same files has me wondering if that's why I'm having issues with Jamba... since they'd both have the same files open at the same time.
    The nice thing about using the battle.net app is that I only have to enter my authenticator code every few weeks and, of course, it notifies about any updates to WoW.

All these issues aside, it's been a blast running around on two toons at once. lol. I'm currently doing 2 DKs and have made myself a pair of monks to do next. Melee toons are a pain, getting both in melee range and facing the right way... that's just the way it goes I guess. I have some fairly bland macros for fighting, so if anyone has any that are better, I'd love to hear them.
    As it stands now, account 2 has macros to assist account 1 like so:
    #showtooltip
    /target focustarget
    /cast [@focustarget ] Spellname

I was wondering if maybe I should change the /target focustarget to something like /assist Party1. I've noticed that /assist will dismount you even if you're not in range of the target which is why it's not built into the macro. I know it also seems redundant to have the /target line there with the @focustarget condition but I like to make sure that account 2 has the target before attacking. (i.e. running towards a mob but not in range to attack).

I'm sure it's obvious that I've only been at this a couple of weeks now. So I just want to thank you for the at least taking the time to read the post and for any answers / suggestions you have. I'm going to be sticking with AutoHotKey as it is free. I know about ISBoxer but this is more of a 'fun thing to try' for me so I'm not looking to pour cash into this.

Dakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkar View Post
    After reading a few posts here, I don't feel bad being new to multiboxing and having issues.

Jamba
    I have the latest version downloaded from Curse. As I have read elsewhere on this site I understand it's no longer supported by the original author but it's still functional. The issues I'm having are weird, so bear with me. The reasons for these issues may be related to my system setup and I'll be outlining it below. 1) When I setup Jamba and 'Push the settings' it shows as having sent them on account 1 and account 2 looks as if it's receiving them. However if I open Jamba the settings were not imported. 2) Both accounts try and set themselves up to the master, so I promote account 1 on account 2's Jamba and demote account 2 on account 1's Jamba. However, as I mentioned I need to have Jamba open on both accounts and set them up to keep the settings identical. 3) "jamba-follow strobeonme master" does not seem to function when I send the command on account 1. If I do it on account 2, 80% of the time the master (account 1) ends up strobing on the minion (account 2). When I do "jamba-follow strobeoff master" that will only turn off the strobing 50% of the time. If I fiddle with it enough I can get the master to stop following the minion, but it's a pain. It seems that even though I've manually told Jamba which is the Master (account 1) and which is the Minion (account 2) that it still thinks the roles are reversed. I've made a follow macro, but it gets annoying constantly having to mash that button.
    hi even though jamba is not being run by the Jafula i have taken over the project and have updated it to work with WoD as it was very basic at the start of wod. and i added most of the new api and changed a lot of code to support Crossrealm servers. and even to this day am still doing updates as you can read in the main topic on the froum i would say it was a bit more then "functional" anyway.

with 1) i take it your using the push all the settings button < this is something i know about and have fixed it a few times in the last few months but it still seems to be ifey when sending so much code. infact it go in a loop if you press it to many times.

2) Jamba will always try and set its self to be the master you need to set the master and then press push settings on team:display for the list to update on your clones. or though once the settings are saved it should save.

3) i don't get whats going on here the master should not be following there is code to stop this from happing.
    Hang on you using "/jamba-follow strobeonme master"? as the command? if so use the command "/jamba-follow strobeonme all" That's going to use the tag all (but master) but not try and get the master to follow anyone.

The master tag is not to say you wanna follow the master as it already knows to follow the master.

"/jamba-follow strobeonme all"
    "/jamba-follow strobeoffme all"

i know nothing about hotkeys so am not even going to try. but ill help with jamba as am running it now.

With Jamba pushing all settings at once didn't work.. but pushing each section individually did... I didn't really mind as I can't manage without it!
    Last edited by Andreauk : 01-24-2016 at 08:44 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Andreauk View Post
    With Jamba pushing all settings at once didn't work.. but pushing each section individually did... I didn't really mind as I can't manage without it!
    ya i manged to find the bug that was making this not work and its fixed in the Alpha release. (it was not working in a party/raid etc. but was if there was not grouped) the bug was not in jamba but its in acecomms or blizzards api but i hacky hacked the code in jamba to skip some stuff should work great now, is on my testing

First and foremost, Thanks for continuing to look after Jamba. It seems that you may've been offended, however slightly, by my use of "functional"... I meant it in the true meaning of the word as in that Jamba still works. I wasn't implying that it was anything less than a fine product, so my apologies.

You were correct, it appears I was using the wrong command "Jamba-follow strobeonme all" fixed my issue and everything is amazing now. It even covers flying! (as long as I leave the other account some room to fiddle around in before it finally takes to the air)

While the Push All Settings still shows as sending/receiving settings but the other account isn't getting them (or maybe it's just not saving them?) I would have to say that it's not a big deal for me. I'm only running 2 accounts so manually setting up Jamba twice is something I don't mind doing considering that when it is setup it's amazing. However, if you need any help from me in regards to identifying the problem just let me know.

Again, thanks for keeping Jamba going!

Dakkar.