Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default Did I make a mistake leveling Boon of the Hoarder to 25?

So I just got Boon to 25 on all 4 crusaders (thorns invoker punish setup) - It was among the first gems I leveled to try and keep up with gold demand for empowering.

However, the speed burst they now get when picking up gold makes the team desync a lot of the time, it's almost impossible to keep them picking up gold at the same time to be consistent.

So, questions to you:

- Do you keep Boon of the Hoarder only at 24?
    - If not, any trick to deal with the speed bursts - or just suck it up?
    - Any other gold making tips to keep up with empowering?
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

There's a few things you can do for more cash. I tend to stick paragon into gold find when I'm doing it and then slapping a ruby into my helm and cubing a leoric's crown to get the benefit from it. It's amazing how fast the money comes in. Then you can use things like Goldskin and Gold Wrap and other +gold items to get extreme.

Thanks, so you are keeping boon at 24 then?

Retired blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin View Post
    I would say yes, specially for a melee class. Ranged, maybe 50 works with Avarice ring in cube. It dsyncs like crazy on melee.
    Last edited by Devile : 01-20-2016 at 11:29 AM

Well, I do... Anyway you can "hide" your level 25+ gems in the inventory of a another character and then that chick at the end of Greater Rifts will give you a brand new one. No need to go to the Vault again. At least it worked that way some patches ago.

A similar issue I am experiencing the new speed boost you get from destroying items. It is going to take me a long time to learn where all the breakables are and how to avoid hitting them :/

You can put the puzzle rings into the cube to get a portal to the vault, but will i get more gold using it on a team in the same game? i think you can make a good spec / gear for just gold farming and then go insane in there? or is it the same gold value as one person in the vault? also does torment difficulty raise the chance / drop of gold? sorry for asking, i have only a few rings, and didn't want to waste

- Your characters don't pick the same amount of gold, it's just random. 2 days ago I had one one my characters complete the "Avarice" Season 5 achievement while killing a "gold" goblin in TX, but the others didn't get the achievement.

- Torment levels rise gold find by a lot. So, TX is better of course.

- I have 3 Bovine Bardiches and about 10 Puzzle Rings waiting for my team to have a specific "gold find" setup, which would be TX-able while all 4 characters are wearing a Golden Flence and a level 24 Boon of the Hoarder.

thanks guys - only issue I have is I am full on character slots on one of the accounts and wasnt gonna burn my 2nd (of 3) rebirths before I decided on what class to play for that - But the 25+ boon is pretty much unboxable (tried again last night)

Retired blog:

thanks guys - only issue I have is I am full on character slots on one of the accounts and wasnt gonna burn my 2nd (of 3) rebirths before I decided on what class to play for that - But the 25+ boon is pretty much unboxable (tried again last night)
    Getting the gem to level 50 now would be your only option, also running boon without avarice band will desync the speed of your characters, once you get the pickup radius it isn't bad.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P