Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Leveling 1 or 4 at once for new season

I was planning to play 4x crusaders this season as my first setup - I had intended to level all 4 at once, but wondering if it would be much faster to level 1 and then boost the other 3 (given that it's fairly easy to gear with the 'free' set, you can become strong at boosting fast).

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Leveling 4 at the same time would carry the advantage of loot share while leveling, and a better chance of getting puzzle rings - But it would probably take a bit longer than speed leveling 1 and then boosting.
    5 boxing on Chamber of Aspects, EU (Horde) and Soon on Classic.

Retired blog:
    http://thegrins.blogspot.com/

Heresy! A true multiboxer levels all 4 at once!!! :P

Jokes aside, powerleveling is pretty boring, at least for me. I dont enjoy it at all, not to mention your low levels ALWAYS die. I rather level them all 4 at the same time. Its more fun. Also I think it's way faster because of loot sharing.

Besides remember u get a free 6 piece set after:

• Hitting lvl70 (with these 2 pieces, u do next achievement)
    • Killing Zoltun Kulle on T2+ (with these 2 pieces, u do next achievement)
    • Finishing a GR20+ solo

U will have Invoker full sets for all your party in what ... 3-4 hours? That's T6+ the first day of S5 for sure. No real excuse to level 1 char first and then carry the other 3.
    Last edited by Devile : 01-14-2016 at 09:32 AM

Also you'll probably level while doing bounties, so it's nice to already have mats to cube some stuff 4x when you hit level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin View Post
    I was planning to play 4x crusaders this season as my first setup - I had intended to level all 4 at once, but wondering if it would be much faster to level 1 and then boost the other 3 (given that it's fairly easy to gear with the 'free' set, you can become strong at boosting fast).

What is everyones thoughts on this?

Leveling 4 at the same time would carry the advantage of loot share while leveling, and a better chance of getting puzzle rings - But it would probably take a bit longer than speed leveling 1 and then boosting.
    Leveling all 4 at the same time for crusader will net you almost no benefit outside of allowing you to more easily gear one character through personal loot share (mainly to get extra chances at your belt/

You can get 6 piece in around 4 hours played (according to darque) and after watching them hit 40 in like an hour I wouldn't doubt that. The problem with crusader this season is that they rely on ancients OR high levels on their Chip gem. So power leveling becomes harder on crusader but will still likely only take an hour or two to get your alts up.

Personally I will likely be doing all 4 toons at once (haven't decided on class though likely DH) because even during t1 rifts the loot share is great (class pending). About 7 hours into last season I was able to get nats + mara + UE which can all be played together with similar builds (though not all with same efficiency as if you were solo playing that set) while farming up the UE set for all my characters.

The only thing that makes loot share not as strong on crusader is simply that you are getting your set pieces right away which is the main reason to loot share. The invoker's set is going to work for you up to T10 rifts (85+ gr solo with non speed build) and is actually used in their speed farming builds. The only items that you really need outside of gem levels are Belt of the trove, swiftmount, heart of iron and the Endless Walk set. All of which are relatively easy to craft with DB. Loot share will be much better once you start going for higher end builds, replacing your gift set with proper rolls or to to funnel ancient items or ancient versions of sets to single toons.

So it comes down to personal preference, would you rather spend more time leveling (Took me around 4 hours to level to 70 last time, but i wasn't really playing efficiently) or would you rather spend those extra hours getting gear to carry your alts? Since you get your 6p set and you can do T5-T6 within a few hours of hitting 70 it really won't matter and crusader as a power leveler without the proper pony setup will be pretty slow.

Paragon really won't make THAT huge of an impact within the first day or two if you do decide to power level yourself instead of level them all at once.

So you really need to decide if another 2-4 hours leveling is worth having all of your toons capable of doing t6 within the first 10 hours and how badly you want to funnel gear to a single character post max level. Getting 4x the souls while leveling and funneling them onto one character can help a lot.
    Last edited by Shodokan : 01-15-2016 at 12:11 AM
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P